• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Keikoku

Banned
Jonnyram said:
So it's not a port then. It's got tons of extra content. Wii version was the beta version. Too bad for early adopters, I guess.

This beta version bullshit clearly needs to stop.

Anyway great news for NMH. Was just planning on buying it next week, I'll just wait for the 360 version.

Rpgmonkey

Lufia scans out.

Selena (Lufia II) is in one. Voiced by Marina Inoue.

Oh, and FFXIII will apparently have another huge blowout (19 pages) next week.

AniHawk

FlashbladeGAF said:
One of my favorite episodes!

Definitely my number one action scene out of the whole series

The direction was so unique to that episode. The animation seemed to be at its best too. Really a fantastic fight (which is surprisingly one-sided).

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
Yeah, those systems already have Naughty Dog and Bungie to fill NMH's gap.

If No More Heroes had even one micron of the quality of Uncharted 2, then the Wii would have... six quality third party games!

Threi

notag
NMH?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HYYYYPE

Bring the goodness to every fucking platform Suda :D

would have preferred Arc Rise Fantasia to go over instead of NMH though

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
If No More Heroes had even one micron of the quality of Uncharted 2, then the Wii would have... six quality third party games!

I guess I should have said 2K Boston anyway. Although they might get better with age, like Retro did.

Shouta

Is Lufia DS some kind of reimagining of Lufia 2? Selan and Guy albeit different designs are in the game and Parcelyte is mentioned too.

kinggroin

Banned
No More Heroes PS3/360?? I'm on that regardless if it's a port or not.

The only downside is the lack of motion control. Still, the game can be pretty satisfying if done right with the DAs.

AniHawk said:
The direction was so unique to that episode. The animation seemed to be at its best too. Really a fantastic fight (which is surprisingly one-sided).

I dont think any of the other episodes had me on the edge of my seat as much as that one. And it was only the first 5 minutes. The calm and relaxed setup of Spike playing a casual game of pool followed by the total chaos of him trying to survive after witnessing a hit had me in awe.

For a second there I thought our main character might not make it.

kinggroin said:

The only downside is the lack of motion control. Still, the game can be pretty satisfying if done right with the DAs.

Yeah thats the one thing I will miss. I loved the combat on the Wii, especially when pulling off the finishing moves.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I wonder if the PS3 version of NMH will be getting some PS3-Wand action, that'd clearly make it the superior version.

(Coming from someone who had great fun with the Wii ver)

If the 360 version is good I might get it, especially if it looks as sexy as the pre-rendered trailer we got when the game was first announced.

Easy_D said:
I wonder if the PS3 version of NMH will be getting some PS3-Wand action, that'd clearly make it the superior version.

(Coming from someone who had great fun with the Wii ver)

If the 360 version is good I might get it, especially if it looks as sexy as the pre-rendered trailer we got when the game was first announced.

It's coming out in February, so it's doubtful it'll have wand support.

justchris

grandjedi6 said:
You don't think its debatable that No More Heroes is Suda's most mainstream project? Are you living in some kind of fantasy land where Suda has made something more mainstream than NMH? Or did you merely misphrase that statement?

Ummmm, he phrased it correctly. Saying it is 'not debatable' means 'there can be no argument'. He is saying that it is Suda's most mainstream project.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
woa! that's some nice 3D for Lufia, I was expecting it to be more like Pokemon; now I'm interested (although I've learned to not expect nothing).

Looks tale-ish IMO.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AceBandage said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the RE5 wand version is coming out in February as well in Japan so it seems possible.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
I like that you ran to Naughty Dog's defense first. But I'll assume not a single micron of U2's quality made it into any facet of the multiplayer.

Naughty Dog was always much better than you gave them credit for, but after Uncharted 2 it's hard to deny now that they've arrived. The game is pretty undeniably amazing, the multiplayer is fantastic!

Anihawk said:
I guess I should have said 2K Boston anyway. They might get better with age, like Retro did.

Bow to the altar of Metroid Prime, heathen.

comedy bomb said:
Which apparently is way more than the PS3/360.

I can tell by the amazing Wii lineup this Fall/Winter.

oh wai--

schuelma said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the RE5 wand version is coming out in February as well in Japan so it seems possible.

Really?
Doesn't the wand come out in like March?
Seems a bit odd to release it that early...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
kinggroin said:

Wii version pros:
+ Motion-controlled finishing moves, wrestling moves and sword recharging
+ Taking phone calls through your Wiimote speaker
+ Two-piece controller for extra comfort
+ Wii keeps track of your playtime

PS360 version pros:
+ Soooo many more pixels on-screen
+ Possible hentai
+ "Advance mode" (...)
+ Gamerpoints/trophies

I think they even out.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
manueldelalas said:
woa! that's some nice 3D for Lufia, I was expecting it to be more like Pokemon; now I'm interested (although I've learned to not expect nothing).

Looks tale-ish IMO.

I just hope the animations are nice. The first thing i noticed about Lufia on the GBA were the fluid animations. Although that wasn't developed by Neverland

Danthrax said:
Wii version pros:
+ Motion-controlled wrestling moves and sword recharging
+ Taking phone calls through your Wiimote speaker
+ Two-piece controller for extra comfort
+ Wii keeps track of your playtime

PS360 version pros:
+ Soooo many more pixels on-screen
+ Possible hentai
+ "Advance mode" (...)
+ Gamerpoints/trophies

I think they even out.

Shinobu x Sylvia

Threi

notag
also its kind of amusing how NMH is Modern Warfare in reverse regarding platforms :lol

Waggle was a big part of why I loved NMH, but the other big part was the style, and I trust they will do something to make it up.

Either way day 1, double dipping on that bitch :D

Seems there are all these projects being announced by Neverland and yet nothing is coming out.

Too bad cause Neverland is one of the few devs that can do the phat loot-styled Action RPGs properly.

Oh hey Good to see Senkou Duo getting ported. Unlike NMH PS360 this is one game Ubisoft is definitely leaving in Japan.

Jonnyram said:
So it's not a port then. It's got tons of extra content. Wii version was the beta version. Too bad for early adopters, I guess.

I hope you're joking because if not you sound like an enormous tool. It's a Wii port with some extra content. Wii is still getting the exclusive sequel to the game

lupinko

AceBandage said:

Biohazard 5: Alternative Edition for PS3 is coming out February 2010, so I guess by your logic that won't have wand support either too eh? :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
comedy bomb said:
The words of others, not mine.

i love it when you use the words of others, there is always so much context

but seriously No More Heroes was complete trash.

If they removed all the chore mini-games, completely tore down the overworld (or fixed it so it ran at a stable framerate, wasn't a glitchy mess), and made the battle system not repetitive... then maybe.

Actually, they should just make it a string of boss fights with nothing in between, judging by how poorly Suda 51 makes games.

Top Bottom