• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Dragona Akehi said:
Why can't people make a decent fucking scan so I can see the fucking information box?

Maybe they obscured it so you couldn't see.

You know, on purpose. As if they were hiding some awful information.

Zoramon089 said:
I hope you're joking because if not you sound like an enormous tool. It's a Wii port with some extra content. Wii is still getting the exclusive sequel to the game

It's a reference to something somebody else said about the recent Tales of Vesperia/Star Ocean International PS3 announcements.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Naughty Dog was always much better than you gave them credit for

Video games aren't movies, despite how hard ND tried during the PS2 gen.

I'll definitely check U2 out soon. I'm getting a PS3 next week, but it comes with LBP:GOTY and R&CF:ACIT, and I already have Valkyria Chronicles so I don't know, maybe you should wear a hat.

Bow to the altar of Metroid Prime, heathen.

Metroid Prime 3 might be a great game, but that doesn't excuse them for the other two crimes against humanity.

Okay, it kinda does. I'll forgive them for the rest of Echoes. But that still gives us a sum total of negative awesome for the entire quadrilogy.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Zoramon089 said:
I hope you're joking because if not you sound like an enormous tool. It's a Wii port with some extra content. Wii is still getting the exclusive sequel to the game

exclusive... for now

[edit] OH DAMNIT Ethelred!

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
I can tell by the amazing Wii lineup this Fall/Winter.

oh wai--

Well the Wii does get more exclusives. And it makes sense that it does.

Meaning, multiplatform games are harder to do so companies that do support it tend to make games that are either easy enough to port between systems (so not PC based) or are tailor-made for the system.

lyre said:
Did you just imply that Modern Warfare Reflex is the definitive version? :lol

No, I implied that NMH2: DS for Wii is the beta version of the inevitable PS3/360 port. I was playing off of Jonnyram's comment. That's two mods now that aren't really following this thread. ;p

lyre

Pureauthor said:
Motion controls! Yay motion controls!
Not according to Bozon!

comedy bomb said:
No, I implied that NMH2: DS for Wii is the beta version of the inevitable PS3/360 port. I was playing off of Jonnyram's comment. That's two mods now that aren't really following this thread. ;p
Games that absolutely bomb right out of the gate don't get sequels.

If anything, the inevitable NMH port bomba may be the thing that finally finishes off the MMV sinking ship!

androvsky

NMH 2: DS... didn't they ditch the motion controls of the original in favor of more traditional controls, making it easier to port to the HD consoles?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
androvsky said:
NMH 2: DS... didn't they ditch the motion controls of the original in favor of more traditional controls, making it easier to port to the HD consoles?

No, but they are offering a CC Pro option..which they said was to take advantage of the popularity of the controller...lol

legend166

Zoramon089 said:

ethelred sounds like an enormous tool?

no wai

Serious-post:
In all honesty this port is going to blow eggs. You take away the control scheme and it's mostly just an Otaku love letter with some clever ideas, repetitive combat, and a shitfest sense of progression.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
androvsky said:
There not gone, but they added in Classic Control support because of Monster Hunter Tri. They wanted that audience

Goddamn, that's some next gen looking shit!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
schuelma said:
Yah excellent scan quality! The HD just jumps off the screen!
My eyes have been poked out with its sharpness. Now I shall wander the earth as an oedipal drone, still with enough skill to play nostalgia ds~

Magypsy23

Banned
The PS3 and 360 versions have different "erotic portraits". :lol
They're preorder exclusive too. As in, not a game feature.

Raw64life

If they make the overworld less unbearable I'm all over it. Bought the original on Wii and played it for a couple of hours before moving on. Something else came out that ate all my playing time, can't remember what it was, but the shitty overworld is what made sure I never went back to it.

Meh I'm not gonna buy a game I already own, even with high definition graphics.

I'll be enjoying No More Heroes 2 on my Wii. I just don't see myself playing it on my PS3 with a traditional controller. :/

Penguin

So they added a mode where all the chicks dress skimpier?
Nice

Duelist said:
Heh, NMH for 360 gives me even less of a reason to get a Wii now.

Let's call a spade a spade, if a port of a 2 year old game convinces you not to get the Wii, you really are just finding reasons to not justify owning it in your head.

lyre said:
If anything, the inevitable NMH port bomba may be the thing that finally finishes off the MMV sinking ship!

:(

I just thought of something, is it possible that perhaps Spike or another company is publishing the port?

I mean MadWorld's owned by Sega yet Spike's publishing it in Japan, Spike's also publishing the 428 and Shiren 3 ports as well, though I think those two are wholly-owned by Chunsoft, I'm not sure.

There's a "Very Sweet Mode," I don't know if it's different in difficulty, but apparently it puts Shinobu into a three piece cheerleader uniform, Bad Girl into hot pants and a t-shirt that shows off pretty much 50% underboob, and Holly Summers into... a bikini that is smaller than her normal bikini.

ethelred

legend166 said:

no wai

I believe he called Jonny a tool. I'm happy to display toolishness, too, though. Consider it a free bonus.

Duelist said:
Heh, NMH for 360 gives me even less of a reason to get a Wii now.

Then you'll really be happy with NMH2 for 360.

Hero of Legend said:
:(

I just thought of something, is it possible that perhaps Spike or another company is publishing the port?

I mean MadWorld's owned by Sega yet Spike's publishing it in Japan, Spike's also publishing the 428 and Shiren 3 ports as well, though I think those two are wholly-owned by Chunsoft, I'm not sure.

This is a good point. I'm pretty sure MMV would not do this to the Wii. It must be someone else's doing.

It's not like the scan says Marvelous Interactive at the bottom...

I'd totally buy a NMH spin-off where all I did was wander the overworld looking for sluttier outfits for Bad Girl.

Well...same with all of the other girls for that matter. Dunno what kind of freaky stuff they have for prosthetic legs though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
legend166 said:

no wai
Christ, you didn't even bother to read the actual post you're quoting. You just saw ethelred's quote at top, jumped to conclusions and ran with it. Ugghh

Akai

EmCeeGramr said:
There's a "Very Sweet Mode," I don't know if it's different in difficulty, but apparently it puts Shinobu into a three piece cheerleader uniform, Bad Girl into hot pants and a t-shirt that shows off pretty much 50% underboob, and Holly Summers into... a bikini that is smaller than her normal bikini.

Hahaha, oh man those outfits are pretty awful...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
EmCeeGramr said:

Very sweet indeed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
It's too bad the art style is the same as the second one.

With that out of the way, day 1, even if only for the titties

EXGN

This thread has wwaaaaaaaaaaay too many people trying to be witty and snarky. Sarcasm does not play well over the internet(and specifically on GAF).

Top Bottom