• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the test client that everyone is jonesing about?

We are working on a new update process that will allow us to build new features while minimizing the risk of destabilizing the game for everyone. To achieve this we are creating a new version of the game specifically for testing purposes. Everyone that has access to Dota 2 will find the new test version in their Steam games library, under the name “Dota 2 Test”. Instead of releasing the new content directly to Dota 2 each week, we will put it on this Test version first, where we’ll be monitoring it for any glaring issues. The week afterwards, we will update Dota 2 with the previous week’s Test version (while also releasing more new content in the Test).

As a result of this, both versions of the game will be getting updated each week. If you want to help test the new content, or just try it out ahead of time, you can play on “Dota 2 Test”. If you are more interested in stability and don’t mind being a week behind on new content and features, then you can keep playing Dota 2 as normal.

Unfortunately, the switch from previous update process to this one has been a little tricky, as we get the back end set up for Test, so there’ll be no update today. We still hope to have an update ready in the next few days.(VALVE TIME LOL)

Should just call him Destroyer.

Artanisix

So the blog title for this week says, "NEXT WEEK: Cold Fusion". Any ideas as to what that could mean? Implying certain heroes/features?

AdrianF

Valve
aKGLV.gif

That actually only plays if he dies in the river.

sd mode is good and all, but where is my rd? that mode was always my favorite. happy with this patch though. these type of interface changes and bugfixes are what i would expect right before the game goes to open beta.

Cold Fusion is something required for an Atomic Bomb.

Techies confirmed!

(or alternatively a MEGATON update)
cold fusion is supposed to be the long-sought answer to the world's energy problems. it may or may not be possible.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
uh it's a joke guys

Considering how often they play around with titles, I wouldn't be shocked if it was some sort of hint.

This is the sort of thing they played around with a lot, with TF2.

Edit: Is the patch still not up in-game?

To people rejoicing about the replay jumping-to-any-point thing, note that it's most likely not going to be an instant thing. Especially if you go BACK in time, you might even have to completely reload the replay. That's how it works in TF2.

Although boy oh boy would I love to be wrong, because that's one of the most infuriating things about TF2 replays.

Sibylus

Banned
Were there any traces of Outworld Destroyer to be found and extrapolated from in the game files before now? Seems like he came out of the blue.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Were there any traces of Outworld Destroyer to be found and extrapolated from in the game files before now? Seems like he came out of the blue.

He had his textures pretty much finished when Clinkz came out.

Considering how often they play around with titles, I wouldn't be shocked if it was some sort of hint.

This is the sort of thing they played around with a lot, with TF2.

Edit: Is the patch still not up in-game?

It's possible, but it's most likely just a joke in the vein of "ha ha we took forever to give you this update, next week's will be a breakthrough in energy production!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom