• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenck

Outworld Destroyer has to be one of the best heroes. Each one of his skills works so well in literally destroying anyone.

Is there anything bad about him?

Low Tier
So how does OD counter anti Mage? (haven't seen OD yet so curious)

His orbs are pure damage, and do a ton of damage. So, Antimage's low hp pool that relies on spell shield to tank is useless vs him. OD easily gets 200+ dmg with autoattacks with nothing more then force staff, treads, mek at lvl 12. His banish poofs Antimage for 4 seconds, making it impossible for him to chase down a hero and if unfortunate enough, can get him killed b/c it steals int. His ulti deals 8/9/10x the difference between his int and the enemy's in a huge aoe, so that's more ice'ing on the cake.

buhdeh

Last few weeks I've watched so much Dota2 I feel like I have at least a bit of a handle on the meta game. I have favourite teams, favourite heroes and a few favourite players (although the actual meatbags who tappity tap tap the keyboards to make the heroes move around and do cool shit are pretty fungible really, I mainly cheer for the teams who play a pleasing style to me). I'm keeping up on The Defense and TPL, and I've even started watching players stream a bit to get more of a feel of how micro gameplay works.

It makes me want to, you know, play Dota. ;) I've never played the WC3 Dota though I guess I could, and I don't want to play LoL or HoN. Hurry the hell up and expand the beta Valve, don't make me play LoL, visually I just can't bear it. :p

Oh, and who are good players to watch stream? I've found a few decent ones, but sadly so often I start watching a stream and enjoy it for 5-10 minutes until the moron drops a racial epithet or homophobic slur. Always an insta-leave for me, I'm too old to listen to jackasses defend using the N word because he doesn't actually hate back people. FFS gaming community.

I'm in a good mood today... so just because you seem so keen on playing DOTA - and to prevent another person joining LoL instead ;) - I'm going to send you an extra invite I have. PM me your steam details :)

punkypine

His orbs are pure damage, and do a ton of damage. So, Antimage's low hp pool that relies on spell shield to tank is useless vs him. OD easily gets 200+ dmg with autoattacks with nothing more then force staff, treads, mek at lvl 12. His banish poofs Antimage for 4 seconds, making it impossible for him to chase down a hero and if unfortunate enough, can get him killed b/c it steals int. His ulti deals 8/9/10x the difference between his int and the enemy's in a huge aoe, so that's more ice'ing on the cake.

also, if i remember correctly, he randomly has a chance to regenerate mana, so unlike many other int heroes later in the game, AM's ult doenst utterly destroy him after using skills

Yo The_Player, your the king of reposting, First the images of Lycan etc, and now the thing about Heroes in Learn, like you don't read the thread
KuGsj.gif

There's so much to read, I can't handle it in my head!

n0b

Player on the other team auto-locks od, I autopick silencer and rape face. He tries to ult me, does no damage, I murder him. I had stolen 40+ int over the match. :n

Ugh I am a silencer picker. I hate playing against silencer, but man I love playing him.

Kapura

Banned
Player on the other team auto-locks od, I autopick silencer and rape face. He tries to ult me, does no damage, I murder him. I had stolen 40+ int over the match. :n

Ugh I am a silencer picker. I hate playing against silencer, but man I love playing him.

Dota is "balanced" by counters, don't feel bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love playing with you when you are playing Silencer. The Witch Doctor/Silencer Combo always murder non-int heroes.

Neki

too bad every other hero rapes silencer

n0b

Dota is "balanced" by counters, don't feel bad.

No I don't feel bad because I picked a counter, I do that all the time. I feel bad because curse of the silent+last word against any strength character with a combo is the most frustrating thing in the world. I was laning that game against a pudge, and I've played the reverse so many times as pudge, its so annoying. Silencer is just a big fucking annoyance to play against.

Gosh, I just noticed that Tinker has a line: "Lamar, is that you?"; he has the same VA as a Kleiner from HL series. Love these little easter eggs from Valve.

Phandy

Guys dont tell anyone but:

1) Random +200g
2) Repick -100g
3) ???????
4) PROFITT!!!!!

Edit - LoL cant believe it actually works. AllPick, randomed Void, repicked Razor had ~750gold.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.

1) Random +200g
2) Repick -100g
3) ???????
4) PROFITT!!!!!

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that. Seems weird that we are allowed to pull that off.

Also, I pretty much hate all pick. CM and SD sound like the best thing to happen to matchmaking. I was more hyped for that than the new hero. Is it as beautiful as I am imagining it?

Phandy

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that. Seems weird that we are allowed to pull that off.

Also, I pretty much hate all pick. CM and SD sound like the best thing to happen to matchmaking. I was more hyped for that than the new hero. Is it as beautiful as I am imagining it?

HoN's interface is better.
You can to see what you teammates got in the Draft so you can co-ordinate the picks better.
Should have something like that IMO.

Sibylus

Banned
If you've played a lot of the roster, it can be a pretty enjoyable mode because you're not liable to get stuck with a trio of heroes you've never played. Seems to encourage more team-comp discussion and more careful picking. Between the two modes, I can see myself playing SD far more.

ksan

1) Random +200g
2) Repick -100g
3) ???????
4) PROFITT!!!!!

Edit - LoL cant believe it actually works. AllPick, randomed Void, repicked Razor had ~750gold.

Are you kidding me? :lol
In DotA 1 the picks actually cost gold, and random was free... So you couldn't abuse it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh shit, seems you can dupe items with illusions :lol
qptPY.jpg

I'd imagine they'll hotfix it tonight.

vinicius

Neo Member

This. Plus his orb deal extra damage to illusions (manta is core on AM) and his aura replenishes mana.

DotaCinema OD Preview

MKAllDay

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/02/dota-2-16th-feb/

Tons of content added.

-Steam Workshop confirmed (time to make a mini Gaben courier)
-New injured animations
-Bane, Sillybear, Lycan, Magnataur, Brewmaster, OGRE MAGI, Phantom Lancer and Shadow Demon textures

Not to mention references to Chaos Knight! No assets though so that most likely means he is further off than those with textures and the like. Regardless, him being somewhat on the horizon is exciting for me.

CreativeSK

Neo Member
damn, SD is pretty broken. started a game of SD in which it only gave me 2 options instead of 3 (Night Stalker and Death Prophet). I played my game with NS and wanted to play an All Pick afterwards. In the hero selection screen all the heroes were greyed out, except for DP.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
damn, SD is pretty broken. started a game of SD in which it only gave me 2 options instead of 3 (Night Stalker and Death Prophet). I played my game with NS and wanted to play an All Pick afterwards. In the hero selection screen all the heroes were greyed out, except for DP.

I remember hearing it had something to do with having both AP and SD checked at the same time. Next time, try having only one selected and see if that corrects the bug.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you play SD then AP it just lets you picked the SD heroes you got, surprised so many people are having issues with it though, first thing I did was mess around with searching to see if it cleared it (also using the drop down menu fixes it)

CreativeSK

Neo Member
If you play SD then AP it just lets you picked the SD heroes you got, surprised so many people are having issues with it though, first thing I did was mess around with searching to see if it cleared it (also using the drop down menu fixes it)

drop down menu did not work. had to restart steam to fix it. had the SD heroes stuck in there for 3 AP games.

injurai

Banned
I think I love the shop change more than anything. Once you can identify things by pic, there is not need to sift through categories.

JustinBB7

Man what a great patch..

Also I noticed how Doom didn't get anything directly, but like 4/5 heroes have stuff saying how they can't do this and that anymore when Doomed haha.

Steam Workshop will be awesome. Though I would guess it would be the TF2 model and not Skyrims 1 click & install version.

In TF2 Valve picks the best ones and they get in after Valve edits them and puts them in the game in a big update. Which is because it's multiplayer and people would give themselfs crazy weapons to win. So I wonder how they will do this in Dota.. I doubt you can make new in-game items that would change gameplay though. So maybe custom maps, couriers and other random cosmetic stuff can be 1 clicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom