• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime comes out in May. Costs £10 more on Nintendo Switch.

Shiggy

Doesn't Nintendo realize that multiple console owners will skip theirs 100% of the time if this shit continues? And with low sales, more and more third party will skip Switch platform. Jesus they are thick.

Nintendo isn't setting the prices for third party software though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Doesn't Nintendo realize that multiple console owners will skip theirs 100% of the time if this shit continues? And with low sales, more and more third party will skip Switch platform. Jesus they are thick.

I didn't realize Nintendo set the prices of third party games.

Sounds like they want physical and digital price parity and with the higher cost of physical, they thought it best to go with that for both... but that's dumb.

maxcriden

That is dumb, and a bad idea and precedent. If this is the only way to release it on Switch, that would be...unfortunate.

I guess XB1 it is, then. Really unfortunate... :/

killroy87

Ummmmm, no?

Sorry. I want this game on Switch, but I'm not being bent over for it.

I'll wait for a deep discount then. They could have had a day one purchase if they weren't dumbasses about it, lol.

I'm just really happy to see it is confirmed for physical release on Switch. Looks like a must buy. $10 increase doesn't bother me if that's what they gotta do to justify the port. It's just $10...

Midas

Smart move. Very few games available on Switch, and it's not a major thing to drop the price if needed.

You just knew this was coming. Didn't know by how much, but the digital games would be more expensive. This is what I mean, I don't really trust nintendo online. And whenever the inevitable next console, I don't think you get to keep your games.

Depending on how the money situation pans out, I'll get one eventually.

There's no Rime or reason to this. Looks like they are trying to capitalize on a market of Switch owners, hungry for any game they can get. Look at the VR game market when it just started, price gouging everywhere!

Jawmuncher

It's same price digital as physical in Europe :/

The pricing on the game is so odd in the west.

PS4 - physical only 29.99
Switch - 29.99 digital or 39.99 physical (with keychain or something).

In most cases you'd expect them to increase the price across the board. Since rarely is a cheaper digital version even a thing. All I can guess is that they want more profit off the physical version.

RaidenZR

How can you charge $10 more on one console and not explain why? If there's no reason, then fuck that.

I was semi-interested in this game but the dev/pub should cite some reasons or amend their pricing.

For a site that prides itself on "knowing better", some of you are obtuse as fuck. The price of this title isn't Nintendo's call.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This is pretty fucking shady alright. Do we know Yooka-Laylee's pricing on Switch Vs the other consoles yet?

LordKano

This isn't because of cartridge. Other multi-platform games costs the same as a normal game, despite being released on cartridge. We're not in 1996 anymore. This is just an editor trying to fuck early customers by bumping up the price without any real reason.

Eolz

Why is Nintendo blamed when that's a publisher issue?

Man, that's a stupid move. Follows the usual "our games didn't sell :("...

Top Bottom