• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe: Plains of Eidolon |OT| Certified Free Range

Manzoon

Banned
I got a Prime weapon, Wyrm, smoke colors and Latron x3.
Plus 50+ Fireworks, haha.
That catalysed wyrm is a huge boon for any new players watching the streams, I got one as well along with a few rare resources, more Latrons than I can shake a stick at, tons of fireworks, and some cosmetics.

You can sell excess blue prints from your inventory for some easy credits, if any new players were not aware.

derFeef

Yeah I am selling a lot as I am short on credits as well. I have not done any Plains content yet, don't know why and seems like it's better to wait for a few adjustmens either way?

Also I should get better at mod fitting and keeping duplicates for lower level frames. It surely costs a lot of money but having no mods available because I only keep the levelled up ones is dumb.

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah I am selling a lot as I am short on credits as well. I have not done any Plains content yet, don't know why and seems like it's better to wait for a few adjustmens either way?

Also I should get better at mod fitting and keeping duplicates for lower level frames. It surely costs a lot of money but having no mods available because I only keep the levelled up ones is dumb.

Credits are still a problem for me, I have a number of good mods I haven't maxed to rank 10 because the Endo and credit cost quickly stacks up.

Even with the new Plains content, it's still a good idea to make your way through the star chart and such. I like what they have going on, but we are very much testing it. Although I would suggest going and fishing on occasion, haha.

Uthred

Sucks to see that groups are just archwing-ing away from their other teammates like that. Its behavior that's always been a problem in Warframe. People who want to play and enjoy the moment to moment and combat are thrown in with people who want to speed-farm at maximum efficiency and just get it over with.

Looks like this new open world just doesn't play nice with their existing mission/objective/group systems. Its going to have to become something more drop-in/drop-out and with either some matchmaking filters or making archwing something every player has available when entering the plains.

Drop-in/drop-out would definitely be a good way to go. I think PoE being a "walled garden" in terms of useful progression is also something they should address, though I'm not entirely sure how, maybe let you trade plains resources for normal resources. In a way its the same problem Archwing has, but magnified. I'd be happy to see no new content in the next big update but instead have all the elements of the game better integrated.

Credits are still a problem for me, I have a number of good mods I haven't maxed to rank 10 because the Endo and credit cost quickly stacks up.

Even with the new Plains content, it's still a good idea to make your way through the star chart and such. I like what they have going on, but we are very much testing it. Although I would suggest going and fishing on occasion, haha.

The index boost helps with credits, though I'm not a fan of Index. Bring back the Sechura glory days ;) I honestly rarely bother ranking my mods to 10, the increase in power from 8 to 10 doesnt match the increase in cost.

How hard is this to wrap your head around now? I played it a good amount some years back. I started a new character a couple of months ago, and just felt lost/overwhelmed. Has this updated changed any of that, or was I just being a baby?

thumb

Banned
Drop-in/drop-out would definitely be a good way to go. I think PoE being a "walled garden" in terms of useful progression is also something they should address, though I'm not entirely sure how, maybe let you trade plains resources for normal resources.

Agreed. I think designating an "off-world trader" in the Cetus marketplace would be a good idea. Someone who will take fish, ore, or even standing and give you standard resources in return.

thumb

Banned
How hard is this to wrap your head around now? I played it a good amount some years back. I started a new character a couple of months ago, and just felt lost/overwhelmed. Has this updated changed any of that, or was I just being a baby?

It's still just as daunting. Warframe's new-player experience has improved from a couple years ago, but only in small ways. You are best off looking at the new payer reddit FAQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6e8xth/meta_new_or_returning_player_welcome_back_to/

With that said, Warframe is deeply rewarding if you give it a chance.

Volimar

Warframe seems to be the hot shizz right now, and lucrative if you're a streamer. InexpensiveGamer started his stream yesterday 17 subs from a new emote and they hit it.

It's still just as daunting. Warframe's new-player experience has improved from a couple years ago, but only in small ways. You are best off looking at the new payer reddit FAQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6e8xth/meta_new_or_returning_player_welcome_back_to/

With that said, Warframe is deeply rewarding if you give it a chance.

Yeah, I really liked it some years back. I got pretty deep into it. Looking at Steam, holy fuck, it says I actually have 60 hours in the game. Didn't realize I played it THAT much. But, that was so long ago I have forgotten everything. My brother has been talking about checking it out again as well. So, I guess we'll see. It's free, so why not?

Manzoon

Banned
Drop-in/drop-out would definitely be a good way to go. I think PoE being a "walled garden" in terms of useful progression is also something they should address, though I'm not entirely sure how, maybe let you trade plains resources for normal resources. In a way its the same problem Archwing has, but magnified. I'd be happy to see no new content in the next big update but instead have all the elements of the game better integrated.

The index boost helps with credits, though I'm not a fan of Index. Bring back the Sechura glory days ;) I honestly rarely bother ranking my mods to 10, the increase in power from 8 to 10 doesnt match the increase in cost.

Better integration is the ultimate goal I would hope, they tried that with archwing and Uranus though and I think all they did was just make archwing easier. I still see continual improvements in the game overall so I hope they get there eventually; I understand criticism of the plains but the realization that we are beta testing this has sunk in and I'm not mad at them, because it's an ambitious addition to the game and I like the foundation they're laying.

I've got a near permanent credit booster from that hydroid pricing error, and credits are still an issue for me, I have all the important mods already at a high rank, so increasing my general power level means maxing out mods. There isn't much else to spend my credits and Endo on, but it's still a huge resource drain to raise a primed mod to rank 10 from scratch, wich is about 2M credits and 40k Endo.

JWiLL

Banned
Warframe seems to be the hot shizz right now, and lucrative if you're a streamer. InexpensiveGamer started his stream yesterday 17 subs from a new emote and they hit it.

They've done a great job promoting with Twitch.

Brozime went from less than 500 subs to over 1300 since Plains dropped.

He's definitely one of the more knowledgeable Warframe streamers though and had a decent viewer base even before Plains (3-400 per stream), but it's great to see him getting a big boost in success from the new content. He had over 11k viewers at one point on launch night.

I think his group was one of the first to take down an Eidolon too, at least for the Warframe partnered streamers.

I'd definitely recommend his stream/youtube for in depth content (and a hilarious Second Dream reaction video)

Manzoon

Banned
What do the better fishing spear and mining laser get you?
The different spears are for different fish, T2 spear is for armor plated fish and the T1 spear will bounce off of them.

Higher level mining zappers have less sway to them and you get a better payout for tracing the scan line.

Ploid 3.0

Be on the look out for alerts that give a mod called Animal Instinct, it's a companion specific mod that gives you loot and enemy radar you can stick on them.

Oh nice, thanks. This game is scratching all kinds of loot hack and slash itches. I wish I didn't take a break from it so long ago. Especially since Marvel Heroes PC is in such a mess. Marvel characters sucked me in.

Ploid 3.0

Does the Warframe site show purchase history? It seems pretty bare bones in the user management side.

Also is the Jack-o'-Lantern masks from an event or something?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Farming Forma by leaving 3 twitch streams up all day, what a time to be alive.

Uthred

Be on the look out for alerts that give a mod called Animal Instinct, it's a companion specific mod that gives you loot and enemy radar you can stick on them.

While its not pressing I hope they expand the range of stuff like animal instinct when on the Plains at some point.

Farming Forma by leaving 3 twitch streams up all day, what a time to be alive.

Hadnt bothered with "twitch farming" but a shot at forma sounds worth it. Do you need to have each page active or can you just leave them as tabs?

Manzoon

Banned
While its not pressing I hope they expand the range of stuff like animal instinct when on the Plains at some point.

It's displaying the proper distance, just the minimap is zoomed out much further. They do need to scale it up for it to be functional. Archwing had a scaling problem with loot radar as well, which they eventually fixed.

Atomski

Started this game for the first time a few days ago. This is pretty damn good.. was a bit confusing at first though. Figuring out the mods and crafting stuff.

Volimar

Halloween special, just like the Halloween color palette.

It's funny because Excalibur's horn barely protrudes.

QKotkqv.jpg

Hard to see because of the Mortus pop up.

Also #humblebrag

Speaking to the "nonsensical story" stuff, I just finished War Within yesterday and I think it's fair to say that the story only really starts to take shape around Second Dream, so you're not really getting much of anything until you unlock Neptune.

It's SUPER DOPE when things start to come together, though. Man the new player experience in this game is weird.

Arrrammis

i don't see it in the market

how do i get the jack o lantern helmet exactly?

The color palette is called "Halloween" in the market, and the jack-o-lantern head can be found by going into attachments under the appearance section of your warframe.

Naite

Finally did some PoE bounty in pub instead of solo for the first time. Is it a bug with the mission indicator or am I getting matched with ppl who arent doing bounties?

Manzoon

Banned
Finally did some PoE bounty in pub instead of solo for the first time. Is it a bug with the mission indicator or am I getting matched with ppl who arent doing bounties?
Are you going into the plains from Cetus with a bounty, or joining from your ship? Joining from your ship will put you with people just doing free roam I believe.

Naite

Are you going into the plains from Cetus with a bounty, or joining from your ship? Joining from your ship will put you with people just doing free roam I believe.
I go start a bounty from cetus then head straight for the door. I try expanding my map to see if there's any yellow circle but half the time I don't see one. So I'm left following whoever is actively moving in hopes they're actually going to an objective.

Ploid 3.0

Do'h, my googlefu needs to add week in quick scanning of web pages to find dates. Funny thing is I read the first and bottom rows of that completely passing over the middle.

What in the world (reddit poster showed this)

Lucky dude, I should see how many I have. Now to see when Plains of Eidolon launched, most likely in the OP. I need the credits!

Edit: I wonder if they counted the first date of patch since the twitch drops didn't seem to work for people then, anyway, a little under a week to go. Need to farm those low hanging fruits and sell all those blueprints!

Manzoon

Banned
I go start a bounty from cetus then head straight for the door. I try expanding my map to see if there's any yellow circle but half the time I don't see one. So I'm left following whoever is actively moving in hopes they're actually going to an objective.
I guess it's bugged then for public joins. Someone in discord was saying the majority of their public bounties would bug out the instant someone left the squad. I've done it successfully by inviting people after I get the bounty and I'm in the plains.

Ploid 3.0

If there's a PS4 or just in general discord for this send me a link.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529671 (Gaf Warframe PC OT to find the discord link since it's Google shortened and I doubt there's a preview).

This is the discord link in the PC OT. In it there's a link for PS4 members. PC gaf and Giantbomb seem to be teamed up.

Playing Warframe on PS4? :Zawalimbo:
Head over to the VinnCo recruitment page! Headed by @Refactored#9552 https://www.giantbomb.com/warframe/...co-a-giantbomb-warframe-ps4-clan-1462611/#138

SCB3

My god have I hit a wall, I cannot open up Phobo until i've scanned 3 Celephone Fragments, I have 1, no idea where the other 2 are and no one seems to want to trade me to get a Thiefs Wit or Animal INstinct mod so i can at least put them on the map

My god have I hit a wall, I cannot open up Phobo until i've scanned 3 Celephone Fragments, I have 1, no idea where the other 2 are and no one seems to want to trade me to get a Thiefs Wit or Animal INstinct mod so i can at least put them on the map

Are you on PC? I probably have one i can give to you. I'll double check

There are cephalon fragments on every single map you play, or at the very least they are on most maps. They are easier to find with the loot mods, like you seem to know.

Ploid 3.0

I just got the Frost skin from the twitch drops. Now I have everything. Also you really do need the stream video playing and not paused. I don't know how they can tell but it's very noticeable when that video is active.

What I do is set it to 150p, and limit chrome's bandwidth to 200 KBps (I mainly use Firefox). Then I open many stream tabs and make sure the pages are loaded on each tab.

SCB3

Are you on PC? I probably have one i can give to you. I'll double check

There are cephalon fragments on every single map you play, or at the very least they are on most maps. They are easier to find with the loot mods, like you seem to know.

On PS4 unfortunately

Top Bottom