• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have beers with one historical figure?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Samuel Johnson. Great speaker, massive patriot, unparalleled culture, enjoyed a drink or two down at the tavern and opposer to slavery. i reckon we'd have a good time

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Probably Genghis Kahn. Arguably the greatest military mind in the history of the world, and the dude enjoyed drinking and partying to an extreme extent.

Pick his brain about strategy, tactics, etc. then get bombed and have an orgy. Sounds like a decent time.

Cocaloch

Samuel Johnson. Great speaker, massive patriot, unparalleled culture, enjoyed a drink or two down at the tavern and opposer to slavery. i reckon we'd have a good time

Honestly he seems like one of the biggest dicks I've ever encountered.

I'd pick Hume. He'd be a fun guy to have a conversation with.

Alexander the great.

Would be interesting considering most contemporary sources we have on him are lost and it's hard to get a picture on what he was like as a person rather than a semi mythical figure.

Cocaloch

Lolno. Why

How many things written by Johnson have you read? Dude's a pithy jerk that constantly made fun of his best friend for being a dumb Jock. He also quite clearly contributed to the massive Scotophobia of the late 18th century.

http://www.samueljohnson.com/scotland.html

Finding Johnson being a dick about a subject is the 18th century historian's equivalent of rule 34. You don't even have to look for it, it just shows up.

Karl Marx.

I'm sure he would be interested to hear how a couple of assholes turned his ingenious and humanistic analysis of capitalism and social progress into a justification for repression and totalitarianism. And I'd be interested to hear his take on modern neo-classical economics and the current state of political and economic affairs around the globe.

Top Bottom