• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have beers with one historical figure?

appaws

Banned
If you could have some delicious beers with one historical figure, who would it be? Just getting to shoot the shit like old buddies...

No language problem...you have a magic power to be able to speak and understand any language.

I would have to say Aristotle or St. Peter would be at the top of my list. Although with Aristotle I would be afraid that after a minute I would be really too dumb to carry on much of a conversation with someone like that.

Hopfrog

Young Einstein.

You could split the beer atom with him.

einstein%2B1.jpg

Dynomutt

Dr. King, X, or Marcus Garvey. Would love to know what they think of how things turned out and how many don't even know who they are and what their actions did for them.

Ernestine “Tiny” Baker. I imagine she’s a fun person to have a beer with and I’d love to hear stories about being out not out on the USO circuit and opening a lesbian bar later in life.

Shadybiz

I have recently been making a study of the first world war, something that we don't really study here in the US, because we didn't have a military role in it until towards the end.

I would like to have beers with King Albert of Belgium. He was a cool cat; a man's man...liked to fly planes, ride motorcycles, and climb mountains. He also gave the order to blow up the tunnels and railroads in Belgium (after the Germans told him not to), delaying the German troops by a couple of days, which turned out to be somewhat crucial in delaying the advance of the German right wing. ...Pretty interesting person, who I'd love to rap with.

You could split the beer atom with him.

einstein%2B1.jpg

I LOVE this reference, haha.

I think most would disappoint me.
I don't know, I guess I'd go with young Keanu Reeves. So around 500 BC or something. I'd tell him about how great The Matrix is gonna be.

Takyon

I have recently been making a study of the first world war, something that we don't really study here in the US, because we didn't have a military role in it until towards the end.

I would like to have beers with King Albert of Belgium. He was a cool cat; a man's man...liked to fly planes, ride motorcycles, and climb mountains. He also gave the order to blow up the tunnels and railroads in Belgium (after the Germans told him not to), delaying the German troops by a couple of days, which turned out to be somewhat crucial in delaying the advance of the German right wing. ...Pretty interesting person, who I'd love to rap with.
Ask him what the fuck was his dad's problem while you're with him.
EDIT: fug, nevermind. He's not leopold's son. Just as well.

Rad-

Surely Jesus? Just to see what he really was like. + When we run out of beer he can turn water into more alcohol hardyhar... J-man and I gonna get really fucked up.

Shadybiz

Ask him what the fuck was his dad's problem while you're with him.

I have not gotten too far into my readings on him, but what you said has piqued my interest; I will have to check that out. Sounds like he was a dick, if I'm picking up what you're putting down.

matt05891

Newton.

As much as he was a dick he is arguably the smartest human to of lived. Would be interesting to see his input to einstiens work.

sammex

Setting aside if he was a real person or not, why would Jesus be good to hang out with? Was he that interesting? It'd be like hanging out with the pope and drinking some beers, probably kind of dull talking parables and scripture with alcohol.

I'd go for an explorer or pirate like Sir Francis Drake, Charles Vane, Edward Teach,, or ground-breaking scientist/inventor - Charles Darwin, or Alexander Graham Bell/ Leonardo Da Vinci.

gun_haver

I can't really think of one. I don't know many historical figures outside of the literature world and as for all of them, well, I'd probably rather just read their books.

Top Bottom