• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

farmerboy

As usual a great article from GIBiz. Codemasters is such an important studio now from a Brit soft viewpoint, hope they can keep it up.

And Evo will deliver.

Thanks for the post. So, Micro-machines and Dirt 4 are both unrelated to Evo, Codemasters must be a pretty big/busy studio now then.

Yep also Codemasters offering BETA access to F1 2017 right now too. So Evo also aren't working on that. As it was said they were on a new IP.

Video from last night with a nice lobby of people and the usual suspect of AttaK, I went with the lesser powered TwinRun but it's handling makes it pretty good on the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfHkFQFHVE&t=55s

Well, i finally took time to play some driveclub. Bought the bike expansion too. Well, this game is ... STELLAR. Wasn't thinking it would give me so much entertainment. Speed sensation, gfx, tracks, handling, etc. Love it. Now, two bad things : evolution has closed, and there is no motorstorm on the horizon... Pacific rift was in my top 3 on ps3, we desperately need another one ! Imagine 4 player split screen in 4k! Woot. Ah, it reminds me : no split screen in driveclub ? Shame, shame... Fuck virtual, i need couch co play.

cyber_ninja

Finally was able to get back to DC after a long break and beat Venom Hot Lap last night; it took me quite a bit of time, but I loved every second of it. I'm only couple events away from completing the Main Tour, then gonna take care of all the DLC. I've missed that game so much and happy to be back at it.

knavish

Yo Shannow dude! you still doing the challenges?

I need to get back into this game! anyone up for some racing at some point add me Vix79

Finally was able to get back to DC after a long break and beat Venom Hot Lap last night; it took me quite a bit of time, but I loved every second of it. I'm only couple events away from completing the Main Tour, then gonna take care of all the DLC. I've missed that game so much and happy to be back at it.

Nice one, I remember thinking what a bitch that challenge was!

Wait till you get to do it again in the dark and rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwUzqFHGRE

Also the AMG Merc Clean Run Challenge isn't easy either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwY1vHqAXqg

cyber_ninja

Nice one, I remember thinking what a bitch that challenge was!

Wait till you get to do it again in the dark and rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwUzqFHGRE

Also the AMG Merc Clean Run Challenge isn't easy either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwY1vHqAXqg

Looking forward to taking on those challenges. I'm done with the tour at last and now working my way through the DLC events. I still can't get over the fact that Evolution Studio is no more and I don’t want this game to end.

Ha

I went back to do some of the dlc a few weeks ago. Gosh damn I sucked with the faster cars.

I was so bad it was laughable.

I played vanilla DC the other day and my god it was totally different to the VR experience, YES graphically it looks head and shoulders above the VR, but there is just no substitution for the subtleties of being able to look in to a corner, or to the side when overtaking etc. The way the inside of the headset lights up at night when someone is coming from behind you with their lights beaming away is second to none.

gmoran

I played vanilla DC the other day and my god it was totally different to the VR experience, YES graphically it looks head and shoulders above the VR, but there is just no substitution for the subtleties of being able to look in to a corner, or to the side when overtaking etc. The way the inside of the headset lights up at night when someone is coming from behind you with their lights beaming away is second to none.

Yep, not sure I can do flat screen racing games anymore: it just feels so ace to feel like you are actually in a car driving. Sad to be leaving Assetto Corsa behind but I know that will never make the jump to PSVR: perhaps on PS5.

cyber_ninja

Finally beat Venom Hot Lap 2 after nearly 2 hours of non-stop tries. Holy shit it was intense, my hands are shaking. Lol. My time was 1:19:616. It feels so good. Time for a drink.

farmerboy

Finally beat Venom Hot Lap 2 after nearly 2 hours of non-stop tries. Holy shit it was intense, my hands are shaking. Lol. My time was 1:19:616. It feels so good. Time for a drink.

Well done champ. Its always a rush coming down that straight not knowing if you can get the time, and then you do.

I seem to have lost all of my progress. It's still registering online that I've earned 6.5 million DC points in total, but locally it's showing as zero and it's saying I have no stars on any events. It's even still showing accolades, miles driven etc, but all my tangible progress seems to have been reset. Bit bummed about this to be honest, was gradually trying to work my way towards the Plat.

5taquitos

I seem to have lost all of my progress. It's still registering online that I've earned 6.5 million DC points in total, but locally it's showing as zero and it's saying I have no stars on any events. It's even still showing accolades, miles driven etc, but all my tangible progress seems to have been reset. Bit bummed about this to be honest, was gradually trying to work my way towards the Plat.
That's really shitty, have you tried downloading your save data from the cloud?

Regardless, at least it shouldn't affect the your Platinum progress, since stars don't count towards it and you say your accolades are still saving.

Still, that sucks and hopefully it resolves itself soon.

That's really shitty, have you tried downloading your save data from the cloud?

Regardless, at least it shouldn't affect the your Platinum progress, since stars don't count towards it and you say your accolades are still saving.

Still, that sucks and hopefully it resolves itself soon.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, first thing I did was re-download my latest cloud save which was from the beginning of February, but that was the same. Thanks for the tip about the Platinum progress - I had sort of thought it might not matter as it still shows I've accumulated 6.5 million DC points and I still have all my progress on the Stats screen like number of miles per track, total distance driven, etc. It doesn't seem to have affected progress towards some specific requirements, like maxxing out progress in six different disciplines for the last gold trophy I need, or that kind of thing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can anyone help me with a couple trophies I need?

Like I have Rack'em Up Knock'em Down, but I don't even really understand what it wants me to do?

Ditto with Credit Where Credits Due

Can anyone help me with a couple trophies I need?

Like I have Rack'em Up Knock'em Down, but I don't even really understand what it wants me to do?

Ditto with Credit Where Credits Due

So start a time trial on any event and beat 3 target times (you should get a ghost of the person ahead of your on the leader board to beat). That's all that's required for the rack em up trophy I think (October 2014 when I got it!)

If you look at your personal stats you'll see there's levels to unlock stuff for each of the game play modes, you need to rank up to over 6 in each mentioned in the credit trophy detail.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So start a time trial on any event and beat 3 target times (you should get a ghost of the person ahead of your on the leader board to beat). That's all that's required for the rack em up trophy I think (October 2014 when I got it!)

If you look at your personal stats you'll see there's levels to unlock stuff for each of the game play modes, you need to rank up to over 6 in each mentioned in the credit trophy detail.

Thanks!

Sirenty

In England at the moment and went up to Brooklands today. Found out MB World at Brooklands has DRIVECLUB set up with their other simulators. Got to play it with a wheel for the first time and it was quite a difference. Still a lot of fun and it was great seeing it out in the wild.

Goldrusher

Aw yiss.

The final 2 dlc-packs are finally discounted to an acceptable price point.

€3,59 --> €1,99

Other Driveclub-items are currently discounted as well. Games, expansions, etc.

LevelNth

Banned
Is the discounted version of Driveclub on PSN the full version of the game? Search shows another version but it says I can't buy it because I have PS Plus...

Just got a DCVR ad on YouTube so it looks like Sony are starting to push it again now they've got over their PSVR stock issues :)

Anyone else got an email from Playstation called your play highlights? It details your most played game and hours spent on it as well as other stats like rarest trophy. Anyway no surprises for me in what my most played game is...

Screenshot_2017-03-25-15-36-05.png

So nearly 35 days and I'm guessing that doesn't include bikes (189 hours) or DCVR!

Got the game for a few bucks on the EU PS+ sale and played it a bit. It's definitely fun but I don't really think it's that good looking? There's a lot of aliasing honestly. Thankfully, the 30 fps don't bother me as much as I thought they would.

Is the bike DLC worth it for 4€?

U2NUMB

So I owned the game since launch.. was frustrated with it and stopped playing a while ago. On a whim I re installed it to see what has changed... I have no shame in admitting the silver stars makes this game so much fun for me.. love it and will be buying the bikes and everything else because finally its super fun for me.

No shame

So I owned the game since launch.. was frustrated with it and stopped playing a while ago. On a whim I re installed it to see what has changed... I have no shame in admitting the silver stars makes this game so much fun for me.. love it and will be buying the bikes and everything else because finally its super fun for me.

No shame

And this right here is why it was a shame what happened to Evolution. They listened to the community expressing their opinion on difficulty and added in the silvers. They didn't listen to the noise from a few claiming it would ruin it. Their vision was to make it enjoyable and accessible to EVERYONE. If you don't have the time to put in just to learn a track variant or learn a particular cars handling model why should it be next to impossible to get all gold stars.

No shame

Yeah; the silver stars made it much more enjoyable for me as well. I've gone back to dabbling with this, and my four year old son likes the motorbikes so despite my wife hating games it gives me an excuse busting it out every now and then :)

Just picked this up in the sale. Any chance of an invite to the gaf club?

There isn't a singular GAF club, clubs in the game only allow up to 6 members (presumably to facilitate club vs club races on the game's 12 car grid), so there are multiple clubs comprised of GAFers. Being in a club has the perk of some exclusive cars (BAC Mono and VW Golf), which are pretty competitive in their class, especially early on. I'm sure someone will have a spot open for you, so you'll be able to access those cars.

Edit: Actually, i haven't played recently, bu i think my club might still have an open spot. I can send you an invite, if you don't mind the club being mostly inactive.

ty_hot

Guys, I have DC+Season Pass on my BR PSN. If I buy the DC Bikes on my Spanish PSN, will it be a separate game, or will I access both games from a single 'launch icon'?

So... quick question, what exactly is up with this game's editions? I can see one edition priced at 9,99€ but says currently unavailable, and another edition called PS Plus or something, at 6,99€. Is the content the same? Do I always need to be subscribed to PS+ to play that edition?

le-seb

So... quick question, what exactly is up with this game's editions? I can see one edition priced at 9,99€ but says currently unavailable, and another edition called PS Plus or something, at 6,99€. Is the content the same? Do I always need to be subscribed to PS+ to play that edition?
It's simply a discount for PS+ members.
It's exactly the same game, and you'll still be able to access it even if you don't renew you PS+ subscription.

TheBear

Hey guys I've returned to DC after a few years to realise I actually like it now, after playing (and being disappointed by) Forza Horizon 3.

I bought the game on my US account, and play on my AUS account. If I buy the Season pass (which is on sale), can I play the DLC on my Aus account? I've been stung before with SFV DLC which is why I ask. Or can I buy the DLC on my aus account?

Thanks

Top Bottom