• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hip Hop

Ik9dYsi.jpg

Plum

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest; Activision definitely knew that future shooters were getting old. If this turns out good I'll get it for sure, a high-budget current-gen WW2 shooter should be fun.

...though I really hope they don't go with just Zombies as the co-op mode again. I know, "Nazi Zombies," but it's getting tiring. It won't happen though.

Oh, and please don't just focus on one front of the conflict. If CoD's going back to its roots it needs to go back to the multi-front campaign style as well. Extra points if they show off some fronts not normally seen.

Shock32

Trailer opens with your character on a landing boat, the door drops and you run towards a beach... full of robots shooting lasers because it's actually 2244. That's how they get ya.

Then your squadmates jed pack over the sides of the landing craft. Seriously though, if this is true D-Day 1.

Awwww man. I wanted them to do Vietnam if they were gonna go back in time :(

Oh well, I'm actually excited for the campaign now. A WW2 game with the budget and visuals a modern COD can deliver is still interesting.

Plz let us kill hitler plz let us kill hitler.
Atleast in zombies..

Anyway nice i really like WW 1 and 2 games.

They should just make a last mission like Mile High Club but ripped straight out of Inglorious Basterds: infiltrate the theater and kill all of the nazi's high command.

That would be cool.

I know they're completely different franchises, with significantly different gameplay, but I wonder if this is gonna be weird for Battlefield if they are planning to go back to WWII in 2018, but CoD beats them to the punch in 2017?

Regardless, I'm happy. WWII is my jam.

13ruce

Banned
They should just make a last mission like Mile High Club but ripped straight out of Inglorious Basterds: infiltrate the theater and kill all of the nazi's high command.

That would be cool.

Yeah that sounds cool imo.
Maybe as a bonus/alternative mission if they follow the real event.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
C7uZY_9VQAACqoM.jpg

I really like this boxart. Please kept this if true....

Tagyhag

Honestly, I'm fine with that.

-It's been a while since we've had a good WW2 shooter campaign

-There are still some WW2 setpieces that haven't been used, and they'll look even better with today's technology

-I'd love to see alternate history missions like The Invasion of Japan

-To me, the name implies that this could be a game set in all fronts compared to other WW2 games that tend to focus on just one

-It's Sledgehammer, it's in good hands

KaYotiX

Banned
Like others said, i could see this coming.

Guess they are doing this to try and grab the nostalgia of older players who gave up on jet packs and wall running.

Time will tell if its any good.

13ruce

Banned
Was gonna skip COD but WW 2... Last war game i played with my dad together was when i was a kid, Medal of Honor dunno what the title is it was at D Day. But now i maybe can convince my dad to play a game once again with me that would be cool (he stopped with gaming).

He likes WW 2 games so could always give it a shot otherwise i will enjoy it still:p it's so long since the last good graphical WW 2 game.

Top Bottom