• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead by Daylight S.E. out on consoles today

Karamsoul

...in case everyone forgot. Looking forward to the eventual Michael Myers DLC as well!

Edit: $29.99. Downloading right now from the PS Store!

Hmmm. I'm interested in how the console version of this runs. I almost bought it on PC a little while back but there are so many players who have played so many hours and that game rewards long playtime it almost felt impossible to catch up. Maybe on the console release I'll get in at the start.

xrnzaaas

I wonder which game will end up getting hurt more on the consoles because of being released so close to each other - this or Friday the 13th.

Karamsoul

I wonder which game will end up getting hurt more on the consoles because of being released so close to each other - this or Friday the 13th.

I think they'll complement each other quite well. Dead by Daylight has more maps and unique monsters, plus whenever the MM DLC comes out, Halloween fans will definitely bite on the game. I have it on PC and the Halloween soundtrack paired with playing on the suburban map with the theme music playing in the background is the best.

Orca

Played some last night and got some fantastic salty messages from survivors who...well, didn't.

Pro-tip - if someone is playing as the Hag, they've likely trapped the area around the person they hooked. If you go to save them, the Hag can teleport straight to you. Lure them away first by repairing a generator that's not TOO nearby since teleport is distance based, or just use the opportunity to get them up and running and make a nice memorial for the hooked person later...

drotahorror

Hopefully people check this out. It destroys F13 in terms of fun and being in tense situations.

So the Halloween DLC isn't in the console versions? Do the consoles get anything extra at all? Hag, Ace, Doctor, Feng Min etc?

Played some last night and got some fantastic salty messages from survivors who...well, didn't.

Pro-tip - if someone is playing as the Hag, they've likely trapped the area around the person they hooked. If you go to save them, the Hag can teleport straight to you. Lure them away first by repairing a generator that's not TOO nearby since teleport is distance based, or just use the opportunity to get them up and running and make a nice memorial for the hooked person later...

How's performance? I'm hoping it runs better than Friday the 13th has on consoles so far. This looks really cool, and unlike the PC version I wouldn't be crazy far behind everyone else, so I'm just looking for an excuse to jump in at this point.

Zukkoyaki

I wish I had friends interested in this because I really want to check it out but this strikes me as one of those games that's nowhere near as enjoyable with randoms.

Karamsoul

Hopefully people check this out. It destroys F13 in terms of fun and being in tense situations.

So the Halloween DLC isn't in the console versions? Do the consoles get anything extra at all? Hag, Ace, Doctor, Feng Min etc?

The special edition contains the following (taken from Amazon description):

"Dead by Daylight will include the Dead by Daylight full game, along with the following extra content
The Original Soundtrack (adds the following tracks: http://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight:_Original_Soundtrack )
The 80's Suitcase add-on (adds 20 costumes for all the characters)
The Of Flesh and Mud chapter add-on (adds The Hag and Ace Visconti)
And a future DLC to be announced!"

The part I bolded might be the Halloween DLC (Michael Myers and Laurie Strode) for free.

Edit: Also could be The Last Breath (The Nurse and Nea Karlsson), Bloodstained Sack (8 new costumes for the monsters), Left Behind (adds Bill Overbeck from Left 4 Dead as a character), Spark of Madness (adds The Doctor and Feng Min), and Headcase (adds 12 new heads for the survivors).

Courtesy of Dead by Daylight DLC Wiki

Brandwin

F it. Just ordered. At worst, it's $24 bucks. At best, a cheap game that is extremely fun.

EDIT: Or not, Best Buy says June 23rd for my location. Walmart has it for $25 today though. Weird.

Karamsoul

F it. Just ordered. At worst, it's $24 bucks. At best, a cheap game that is extremely fun.

EDIT: Or not, Best Buy says June 23rd for my location. Walmart has it for $25 today though. Weird.

A lot of Best Buy stores are not stocking it. Mostly available for online orders.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Really fun game but always ran like shit on my fairly beastly computer. Again, so does the actual release of F13 though. Damndest thing. My rig runs must shit maxed out at 1440p or 4k.

Considering buying on ps4 one or the other. I love Friday and that has a ton of fan service and love but this is good too and seems to have more content.

Decisions, decisions.

SuperPac

Bought! In part because Friday the 13th has quickly become one of my favorite games but it would be nice to have the 4v1 experience without the glitches. I still love F13, but I'll give this a go as well.

arimanius

Interesting. I've seen most people say F13 destroys this game. I'm looking forward to some impressions.

Yup looks like we get all of those characters.

This game has gotten me shaken right now lol. Loving it so far.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Somnia

Took me a few tries to get in but once I got in, it ran pretty smooth. My guess is that everyone wanted to play as the killer so not a lot of people queued up as survivors lol.

Had the opposite effect on xbox last night, was tough to get a game as a survivor at first, but instant as the killer. Then it balanced out after about an hour and we had no issues playing.

jtrov

Yup looks like we get all of those characters.

This game has gotten me shaken right now lol. Loving it so far.

Game is really good so far. Much different feel than F13, so playing both will compliment each other nicely. This game gives off a Manhunt / Saw vibe where you're already trapped and now you're just trying to escape before being sacrificed. Just really digging the whole gameplay loop of the action. The only thing I'm not yet understanding is how things like items and customization items are unlocked, through the bloodweb?

I really want that Halloween DLC, so bummed it's not in the base game. Any idea when they'll release it?

GT on XBL is jtrov if anyone wants to add me for some group play.

Had the opposite effect on xbox last night, was tough to get a game as a survivor at first, but instant as the killer. Then it balanced out after about an hour and we had no issues playing.

The quick play seems broke at the moment. If you select "survive with friends" and then ready up it will find a match instantly. Saw this tip on Reddit and I've been finding lobbies in seconds.

Brandwin

I am tempted to do digital so I don't have to go into WalMart. My main games right now, BF1, Overwatch and F13th are all digital anyway. I have HZD disk in the PS4.

catspit

I thought way more people would be interested in this game since it has a decent twitch following... But this thread is dead... I thought today is the release day?

drotahorror

Interesting. I've seen most people say F13 destroys this game. I'm looking forward to some impressions.

I'm a bit biased since I've put a ton of time into DBD. I've alost put 60 hours into F13. At the moment, I dislike F13 when it comes to being a counselor. Meanwhile in DBD, surviving can be fun but also irritating (personally I'm burnt out right now and I don't even want to think about playing DBD).

Meanwhile killing in F13 is fun although a bit robotic in nature. You can follow the same strategy and win every game and kill 8/8 or 7/7 or 1 person survive very easily. In DBD, the skillcurve is much higher, also much higher for surviving. Playing Jason is a breeze compared to any killer in DBD. Even though DBD is a much simpler game, the game has way more depth and is more skillbased. Like I said, playing Jason is faceroll. Playing a counselor and surviving is more about luck as long as you are facing a competent Jason. A good jason will destroy good counselors. A good killer in DBD might have a rough time against good survivors.

I dunno, I will say DBD can be very frustrating and unforgiving and the community is straight up awful. But there is more fun to be had imo. The game doesn't get old as quick. There's a good (I guess) progression system that requires a lot of playtime, it's pretty addictive. I'ma stop now though I could go on and on. I love these type of games but F13 was so disappointing.

xviper

i already have Friday the 13th and i'm enjoying the hell out of it, what is the differences between Friday and Dead by daylight ?? should i get DBD if i already have Friday ?

i already have Friday the 13th and i'm enjoying the hell out of it, what is the differences between Friday and Dead by daylight ?? should i get DBD if i already have Friday ?

They are similar games, but also very different. DbD is much faster and crazier.

Drewfonse

How long is a typical match in DBD? Assuming at least one Survivor makes it. Also, is it feasible to play decently as a Survivor if I don't use a mic? I tried to mic it with F13th, and it was unbearable.

Also, does it look decent on Ps4/Prof? Because F13th looks miserable on consoles.

Karamsoul

How long is a typical match in DVD? Assuming at least one Survivor makes it. Also, is it feasible to play decently as a Survivor if I don't use a mic? I tried to mic it with F13th, and it was unbearable.

Also, does it look decent on Ps4/Prof? Because F13th looks miserable on consoles.

Usually over within 5 minutes or slightly more. Playing right now on PS4 and runs very smoothly. Matchmaking is fast and the game has none of the jankiness of Friday the 13th in regards to movements/actions. Also, it feels genuinely more terrifying than Ft13th.

Drewfonse

I feel like being separate has a better chance of survival than grouping up. you don't have to look for individual items to escape, just repairing machines until the exit's open. and so far nobody's talking.

Usually over within 5 minutes or slightly more. Playing right now on PS4 and runs very smoothly. Matchmaking is fast and the game has none of the jankiness of Friday the 13th in regards to movements/actions. Also, it feels genuinely more terrifying than Ft13th.

Fucking bought, thanks.

Interesting video for new players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhn_YaRtaBo

drotahorror

I've heard DBD on consoles is 60fps, can anyone confirm? I would snag it on ps4 just to dick around but I don't even have PS+ anymore.

And I agree about it being more scary than F13. When the Hag was first released I never jumped out of my seat that many times in a videogame ever. I never got any anxiety when playing F13. In DBD, even after several hundred hours played, I still get a bit of anxiety and some killers give me a good scare occasionally. I honestly can't think of any other videogame that has done me that way.

This is my most played game on pc and I bought the PS4 version but man it's hard to accurately hit someone and as a survivor, the skill checks are delayed.

Top Bottom