• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead by Daylight S.E. out on consoles today

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Looks good, some projectiles will definitely mix things up.

drotahorror

Diggin the new amount of BP for dailies and buying perks I already have in the shrine.

Incase people don't know BP cap is 1 million and dailies give 60-80k, shrine perks give 200k.

Doctor is good now, Huntress is good.

Console players have a lot to look forward to.

I guess I just don't get modern game design.

They submit patches for the console versions to bring them closer to the PC version. The PS4 patch is approved sooner and released into the wild. Turns out there is a bug that makes the game pretty much unplayable laggy when you are rescued off a hook. I guess their play testers are complete douchebag face campers, because how else do you not notice such a glaring and obvious oversight?

But then they double down on their hubris and allow the Xbox One patch to stay in the certification process, which it just passed today and is now able to be downloaded. And surprise.. getting unhooked makes the game unplayable due to lag. If you get off a hook and don't die, the killer you are playing is officially garbage.

How do they release the patch in such a clearly broken state, and then why do they not pull the Xbone update from certification when they realized it breaks the game? So fucking dumb. And now who knows how many weeks it will be until the next patch fixes it.

They're supposedly going to try and sell console players some DLC starting Friday. LOL.

Gradon

The lag bug is really terrible, it also effects the physics of clothing and hair causing some really weird visual bugs.

I'm honestly surprised it's also on Xbox, I would've figured this would've been a one off. Hope they fix it ASAP

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Gradon

I didn't have to download the Lullaby DLC, it just worked. I fully believe it was included in the previous update and you're just adding the licence / key to your account.
EU here obviously.

Lullaby DLC works now on NA PS4.

PS4 and Xbone versions still unplayable for survivors thanks to lag when unhooked. Unless you're just a fucking boss and never get hooked, I guess.

I had a game with Doctor earlier that had me wondering if they'd fucked it up for killers too. It was on Lerys map, and any time I hit someone I got no audio or visual clue except their icon would switch to the injured state. And generators that were clearly in the repair progress would give off no sound whatsoever, and then in spots on the map with no generator it would sound like you were standing right next to one.

Luckily I played another game after, and it seemed normal. LOL I hooked someone in the basement on this one then walked up the stairs only to see Claudette teabagging by the pallet. Then she lags over to the stairs, teleports down, then just lags into a wall and runs in place. I down her and hook her, then turn around and someone is walking to the first hooked victim. Grab them while they try to unhook and suddenly I have three people hooked. Badly wanted to find the last person but two of them died in the process. I did eventually down and kill him though. Claudette sends me a message about how I have a shitty Internet connection afterwards. lol, ok buddy.

Saw this on the DbD Reddit, LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6AhTMI0Ms&feature=youtu.be

pots555

I thought this game was intense but with the Halloween dlc, it's almost too much. Being chased around by Michael Myers. Wow! Thanks dev for this dlc.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Lullaby DLC worked fine for me. PS4 version is 1.6.0 now, and the post-hook lag is real, and debilitating. Hopefully fix coming soon.

When is Halloween DLC coming to consoles?

pots555

Lullaby DLC worked fine for me. PS4 version is 1.6.0 now, and the post-hook lag is real, and debilitating. Hopefully fix coming soon.

When is Halloween DLC coming to consoles?

I bought it today on PS4. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Imbarkus

I bought it today on PS4. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Did it just drop today? Lullaby DLC was the only thing I saw in the PS store last night. And it was just an unlock for free content in the patch: no download.

You in NA?

pots555

Did it just drop today? Lullaby DLC was the only thing I saw in the PS store last night. And it was just an unlock for free content in the patch: no download.

You in NA?

Yes I am. Bought it when I got home from work, around 5pm here.

Imbarkus

Yes I am. Bought it when I got home from work, around 5pm here.

OK neat sure enough I see it on the web store. I'm not home til Sunday but I'll be playing it then! thx!

Imbarkus

there's another patch and this time, it seems like the lag has been fixed. I hope people will realize this quickly, because most of them don't even bother unhooking you anymore.

Yeah I was wondering why that was until someone did unhook me and I was suddenly warping around. So glad if its fixed!

Gradon

Been playing a lot against the Huntress today, and on the new map, no Michael Myers yet. I need to buy the pack myself.

StillEdge

Is this update available for XB1 yet? Do I need to just download the patch or is there dlc add ons. I feel like I can never find DLC for games anymore on the XB1.

Top Bottom