• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lednerg

My compiler usage is limited to building Linux executable files, so I won't pretend to know a whole lot about the subject. But the more I read about GHS, the better it gets. Including it in the SDK seems like a worthwhile investment, a surefire way to help get 3rd parties' code running well across the board. Good stuff.

joshwaan

2GB and 4 Core CPU OMG FULLY SIC MATE !! :p

But I think this sums it up for me

oy8ro.gif

wsippel

Banned
Which means Nintendo saw some added benifit for using it that didn't just deal with price. Ease of use maybe?
Green Hills is all about the highest possible reliability and security in safety critical applications (eg aerospace, defense, medical, carrier grade networking). As far as I'm aware, they provide the only EAL6+ certified operating system available today, which makes it the most secure certified OS currently on the market (Windows and Linux are EAL4/ EAL4+, IBM System z is EAL5). That in itself is certainly something Nintendo would consider beneficial.

BurntPork

Banned
My compiler usage is limited to building Linux executable files, so I won't pretend to know a whole lot about the subject. But the more I read about GHS, the better it gets. Including it in the SDK seems like a worthwhile investment, a surefire way to help get 3rd parties' code running well across the board. Good stuff.
My compiler knowledge is limited to being told what it is. :p

HylianTom

Banned
I won't get crazy/overhyped because of hardware.

Now, if I see certain games announced, you guys might have to peel me off of the ceiling. That I can get hyper-hyped for!

Green Hills is all about the highest possible reliability and security in safety critical applications (eg aerospace, defense, medical, carrier grade networking). As far as I'm aware, they provide the only EAL6+ certified operating system available today, which makes it the most secure certified OS currently on the market (Windows and Linux are EAL4/ EAL4+, IBM System z is EAL5). That in itself is certainly something Nintendo would consider beneficial.

Yup and there you go. Nintendo may be cheap on some things, but they will go all out on what they think is important.

AzaK

Guys, calm down. Bg didn't say anything definitive, and there are other possible reasons for changing the compiler.

bg never says much definitive and never really tells us he's hinting either. As I have said before this means we have free reign to extrapolate beyond the realms of sanity. i.e. 6 Core, 4 GB confirmed!

Yup and there you go. Nintendo may be cheap on some things, but they will go all out on what they think is important.
Agreed, and stability and security are things they would find super important. And so would I :)

HylianTom

Banned
The fanboy meltdown would be epic.I don't think any website will survive.

{to be read in a New England blueblood accent}
"You mean.. the hardware is in the same neighborhood as Nintendo's? Eww. Looks like we'll be living in the console gaming ghetto for the next few years, Diddums. I'll call and increase our insurance in the morning. Oh dear.."

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
After E3 has come and gone, what will replace these series of threads?, we need to continue this community :p

The Wii U launch anticipation thread (It's unlikely it will be launched immediately after E3.)

Followed by

The Wii U discussion thread....

HylianTom

Banned
The Wii U launch anticipation thread (It's unlikely it will be launched immediately after E3.)

Followed by

The Wii U discussion thread....
We're also going to have discussions on:
- which Launch Day games are worthy of getting
- camping versus online
- media bitching
- live reports from lines around the country - nay, the world!
- specs speculation
- etc

There'll always be plenty to dissect!

pramath

Banned
I'm not saying anyone is lying... And I sincerely apologise if this comes off that way, but I'm just trying to keep my hype in check.

But how do we know that these rumours of a power boost are true?

I'm not saying anyone is lying... And I sincerely apologise if this comes off that way, but I'm just trying to keep my hype in check.

But how do we know that these rumours of a power boost are true?
A power boost, as it where, was reported for dev kits at the start of the year by several sources. We don't know the context for it, though.

We're also going to have discussions on:
- which Launch Day games are worthy of getting
- camping versus online
- media bitching
- live reports from lines around the country - nay, the world!
- specs speculation
- etc

There'll always be plenty to dissect!

You missed the part where we will discuss how nintendo dropped the ball again in some way shape or form (first party, third party, online--you take your pick)

HylianTom

Banned
You missed the part where we will discuss how nintendo dropped the ball again in some way shape or form (first party, third party, online--you take your pick)
Oh, but of course. That's implicit in every discussion about Nintendo, from here until the end of time.

We're also going to have live reports through the rest of the year about any significant incidents of Reggie flatulence. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom