• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

"It scared us." lol. And they "forgot" to mention it on the store page before the game was released...

Denuvo, performance issues, EU pricing... no thanks. And i thought that QLOC is one of the best in what they do, i guess not.

Jawmuncher

RIME bombed on Steam :(
DA7ZZRSXcAEy7v8.jpg:large

After the PS4 exclusivity drop, there wasn't much interest it seemed. The pricing also seems a bit much for this when you compare it to other such titles, so I think that's a factor as well.

I just ignored it since it seemed like one of those "Explore and do puzzles games", which ain't my cup of tea.

fantomena

After the PS4 exclusivity drop, there wasn't much interest it seemed.

Wait are you telling me PC gamers thinks like this:

PC gamers: "Rime exclusive on PS4!? Fuck this shit, It looked cool!!!"
*Rime drops PS4 exclusivity*
PC Gamers: "Meh, not interested in it anymore".

I think he means more like the general interest in that title. NMS or Rime... both, at least on GAF, werent that interesting anymore (aka didnt get that many threads/pages) after the exclusivity dropped.

NeoRaider

I just looked at MC and OC pages for RiME and i have to say that i am surprised by the scores, 81/83 is really not bad at all. I saw few sites giving 6 but i guess game also got a lot of 8/9.

All things aside i still want this game to do well. I guess many players are waiting for Switch version to be released, or price drop since it's not really cheap. Also i am pretty sure that many PC players decided to buy Vanquish over RiME.

Nzyme32

No.

The is first part sounds like console warz fanboyism. It looks like my cup of tea, but that never warrants any special interest over everything else. It's status remains the same in my head, exclusive or otherwise - particularly since I eventually end up borrowing consoles to get through a selection of interesting titles. I figured I'd play it "eventually"

Last part isn't accurate. My interest rather massively diminished upon price, friends' experience with the game, the bizarre justification for Denuvo, PC performance issues, much more interesting games being available at better prices etc.

It has been outcompeted by a whole host of other games and a lack of time for which to play it over all these other games. I'm sure other folk have their reasons as well.

Lanrutcon

If you're going to poison the well: initial exclusivity, a poor pricing point and Denovu are a winning combination.

Nzyme32

If you're going to poison the well: initial exclusivity, a poor pricing point and Denovu are a winning combination.

I suppose it is true in that sense for me as well. An exclusivity period of any kind will generally move the game off my radar. My like or dislike for the games concepts / gameplay etc won't change until they show other stuff, but chances are I won't be looking.

Ive not encountered any issues running game sthat have denuvo in them on my lappy :x

Not much for me either, though generally speaking I would not bother getting Denuvo games till much later unless they are gifted / free (eg Doom, GTA V, MGS V) just out of principle. Only issues I've had I don't even know if they are down to Denuvo, such as MGS V taking a long time to show pages in the game menu (while not having this issue offline)

I kinda want to get Tekken but I'm moving in the fall and going to Vegas this summer and I doubt I'll even get to play it much. It looks awesome though. I'd get it eventually and it would be a great 3d Fighter to have since DOA sucks on PC besides mods.

FLD

Even though Steam Spy data are still updating I don't expect 20K jump overnight. You get solid data even after first 24 hours.

You absolutely do not. The only thing you can get out of first day numbers is a very vague indication of how it's doing (i.e. bombing or not) and even then you're better off waiting at least 2-3 days. I like to check early numbers and see how they grow because I find it interesting but posting them this early as an indication of a game's sales performance is simply inaccurate.

dex3108

You absolutely do not. The only thing you can get out of first day numbers is a very vague indication of how it's doing (i.e. bombing or not) and even then you're better off waiting at least 2-3 days. I like to check early numbers and see how they grow because I find it interesting but posting them this early as an indication of a game's sales performance is simply inaccurate.

After 24 hours you already can see if game is selling well. You can see if games in below 10K range, below 50K range...

For really good data you need to wait 3-5 days.

FLD

After 24 hours you already can see if game is selling well. You can see if games in below 10K range, below 50K range...

For really good data you need to wait 3-5 days.

Sure, like I said it's good for a vague indication. A high first day number is certainly a good sign but a low one isn't necessarily a bad one. I've seen low first day numbers that barely changed at all and I've seen some that get drastic boosts as quickly as the next day. It's too unpredictable to be interpreted in any meaningful way this early.

Grief.exe

Even though Steam Spy data are still updating I don't expect 20K jump overnight. You get solid data even after first 24 hours.

The statistical data is going to be even more inaccurate due to the small player base, which is only exacerbated by the short time frame.

I'm all for Steam Spy obfuscating​ the data until the game has been out a week to avoid these hot takes.

Small team size and lack of marketing budget means Rime could very well be profitable on 15-20k sales for console and PC.

Rime just screamed to me a huge rip off of last guardian and i cant support that

Such a strange opinion to have in gaming where everything seems additive rather than revolutionary.

Cmagus

Rime just screamed to me a huge rip off of last guardian and i cant support that
Rime is a fantastic game and although I haven't played TLG its a better game then ICO which is what it's more comparable to. Shame people are hating on it, it's really good with a great ending.

It's not impossible, but they're also still kinda selective. No SAO or Digimon game came out on PC yet for example.

I'm starting to wonder if it is a licensing thing. SAO, Digimon and Gundam all seem like games Bamco would like to push on steam, especially with how well Dragonball does on there.

Ascheroth

I'm starting to wonder if it is a licensing thing. SAO, Digimon and Gundam all seem like games Bamco would like to push on steam, especially with how well Dragonball does on there.
Don't they own the rights to Gundam though? No idea how it is with Digimon and SAO is Kadokawa, I guess, so maybe in that case.

I recently saw a reviewer advise to "wait for the review" in a gaming show. And they don't usually give that advice if a game is super good.
Damn, thanks for the heads up. I was cautious the moment I heard people throwing around names like Grand Theft Auto and Syndicate anyway. Easy way to build up hype.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ah there is also cdkeys but if u prefer more legit sites there is also gamesplanet and humble
Note that humble and gameregate give u their own form of store credit whoch u fan usr for future purchases

CDkeys doesnt offer Eliza DLC from what Ive been reading which is why Ive been looking around other sites actually.

Is there a list of all the modes in Tekken 7?
Story
Arcade (I think its 4 or 5 matches unlike previous games)
Vs
Treasure Battle
Training
Online Vs
Online Tournament
Ranked
Customization mode

No idea what I might be missing so someone please correct me if Im wrong. (Jukebox is PS4 exclusive)

Tizoc

Tbh i couldnt care less about the sexy vampire lady in tekken xp
I am however interested in seeing wh the other guest characters are, hopefully they can b datamined

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tbh i couldnt care less about the sexy vampire lady in tekken xp
I am however interested in seeing wh the other guest characters are, hopefully they can b datamined

We will probably find that quickly on launch. Then again there is a stream on June 2 which will most likely talk about the DLC.

Hi there guys. I've been offline due to my father passing away a few days ago.
Also spent the morning in the hospital because the stress from the funeral apparently took its toll on me.

Anyway, trying to regain some normalcy and reading about Vanquish seems to indicate there's a weird damage glitch tied to the frame-rate?
I also hear it's a demanding game. Is 60fps at 1080p doable with low shadows and AO off on a 280X?

Nzyme32

Also spent the morning in the hospital because the stress from the funeral apparently took its toll on me.

Anyway, trying to regain some normalcy and reading about Vanquish seems to indicate there's a weird damage glitch tied to the frame-rate?
I also here it's a demanding game. Is 60fps at 1080p doable with low shadows and AO off?

Dude take it easy man. All the best.

As for Vanquish, a 750ti can get close to 60fps with some detail setting adjustments, so chances are if you have anything a little better you'll be fine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYvoKdowJE

Coreda

So following the steps to downloading an earlier version of a game I tried it with Nier: Automata, since I'd like to try the freecam. Some things I learned from this:

• Steam auto downloads the depot to the drive you've installed the Steam client to, so for most it'll be the C: drive. Make sure you have enough free space (this is made more difficult to judge due to the mysterious way Steam reports the size of things, I ended up needing 20GB less free space than anticipated).
  • The download size is larger than the one you usually have when downloading the regular way. Regular download is reported as being 26.6GB, the depot download was 30.7GB.
  • While there is no pause/resume ability it does re-connect and resume following a network interruption (confirmed behavior as per guide).
  • This method works with Denuvo titles, it simply needs to authenticate with Steam while in online mode prior to initial launch.
I'd suggest the steps as being:

1. Find the unpacked size of the game and make sure the drive Steam is installed to (usually the C: drive) has enough free space.
  2. (Optional) If you haven't already installed the game previously start the regular install from Steam in the desired directory so you know what the directory should be named and where to move the downloaded files to.
  3. Initiate the depot download of the earlier version as outlined in the guide above.
  4. Right-click the game in the Steam game list and under the Updates tab change the Automatic Updates to Only update this game when I launch it.
  5. Once the download is complete (you'll know when the Total counter in the Downloads section stops and the Console tab reports 'Depot download complete') move the files from the depot_<ID> directory into the original game directory.
  6. Navigate to the Steam\steamapps directory in the drive you selected for the game to be installed to and delete the update files from downloading that correspond to the App ID of the game. Do the same for the empty App ID directory in temp. This resets the state of the pending updates in Steam.
  7. Launch Steam in Online mode but don't launch the game from the client, instead open the install directory and launch the executable directly as otherwise Steam will attempt to update the game instead prior to launch. Online mode is only needed prior to initial launch to authenticate Denuvo, subsequent launches can be in offline mode if one prefers.

Edit: oh and forgot about the DLC.

It's the same process to identify and download the depots. Once complete place the files in the appropriate location. In this case since Steam doesn't automatically detect DLC itself I had to edit the appmanifest_<appID>.acf file to include the depot/manifest IDs within the "InstalledDepots" section (see other app manifest files for formatting reference). Once saved Steam changed from displaying 'Not installed' to 'Installed' under the DLC pane. Also changed the BytesDownloaded values to match the BytesToDownload values, though I'm not sure it's necessary. I assume that's all that is required.

My heartfelt condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom