• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

oh i'm surprised Rime has performance problems, it's ported by QLOC

Maybe they think you are carrying a $1000.
Maybe you are wearing a shirt that says so.

they... never actually talk about it, like we're after this serial killer, but there were 200 hobos that were just trying to kill me

maaaybe one of them is actually the killer and maybe we should report them to the police =o

why are they pretending to be mannequins, is it their hobby?

Lain

before they port something like Little Witch Academia they should port Gundam vs first.

I'd prefer they ported SAO first personally, having way more glops to its arsenal compared to Gundam.

Hi there guys. I've been offline due to my father passing away a few days ago.
Also spent the morning in the hospital because the stress from the funeral apparently took its toll on me.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

I can't climb the ladder in the helicopter bay. I even restarted the chapter to play through it and maybe it'd work the next time. Well, I don't know what to do.

E: Do you have to kill the big mech to get access to the ladder? I haven't tried that yet. I figured it was a puzzle boss and the solution was to climb up to trigger and mega weapon a la Hammer of Dawn.

Just finished The Dream Machine. It was a long road, and the ending doesn't feel like a good ending (it's not happy, and it's only vaguely bittersweet,) but kudos to the developers to sticking it out with a claymated episodic game over seven years.

I highly suggest you play it.

God, seven years...

MUnited83

For you.
tenor.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Afaik, no.
They didn't change it back to how it was in 1 and 2, they just fixed it because it was broken in some ways. Now it's working as designed, but not like it was in previous games.
that's a shame

i read up a bit on why they made the change and there's some sense to it but it feels like the end result should've been a mix of the two systems, specially if they mention they went back and "fixed it"

it just feels bad for everything to stagger you, specially since a big part of the fun of heavy armor is feeling like an unmovable ball of metal

Kssio_Aug

Gaf, what's the best replacement for AMD ReLive? I think ReLive is great when it works, but it always "crashes" when my PC enter in standby, and I can't make it work again except if I restart the Windows.

I tried OBS Studio, but it gives me a crash message everytime I try to run it: "Whoops! OBS Has Crashed!".

Is there anything I can do to correct this OBS issue, or is there any other recommended program to keep recording my games with a feature similar to "Instant Replay"?

Edit: I believe I found the issue. It seems ReLive conflicts with MSI Afterbuerner or RTSS, if I close 'em I can re-enable ReLive without issues. Also, I was able to make OBS works, but I didn't like it's interface.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hi there guys. I've been offline due to my father passing away a few days ago.
Also spent the morning in the hospital because the stress from the funeral apparently took its toll on me.
very sorry for your loss, that moment sounds terrifying to face and i hope you feel better soon

Coreda

Is there anything I can do to correct this OBS issue, or is there any other recommended program to keep recording my games with a feature similar to "Instant Replay"?

Edit: I believe I found the issue. It seems ReLive conflicts with MSI Afterbuerner or RTSS, if I close 'em I can re-enable ReLive without issues. Also, I was able to make OBS works, but I didn't like it's interface.

Have you tried Afterburner's own video capture feature? It can 'pre-record' a constant, custom duration of footage. I've never enabled it since I haven't had the need but it sounds like what you're after.

Kssio_Aug

Have you tried Afterburner's own video capture feature? It can 'pre-record' a constant, custom duration of footage. I've never enabled it since I haven't had the need but it sounds like what you're after.

I didn't and wasn't aware of that either. Pretty interesting... I may consider doing it, although not being totally bad to manage MSI / RTSS and ReLive usage. I was more worried to the fact that I couldn't make ReLive work properly. But I have been making some tests with and it seems indeed to be a conflict.

It's $11,69 on CD Keys. I bought it there.
https://www.cdkeys.com/?q=doom

By the way... I highly recommend the game. Am playing it now and absolutely loving it so far! Really amazing game!!

Coreda

Following up on my earlier post I looked into MGSV's DLC on SteamDB and discovered they lack manifests. Thinking back I seem to recall the DLC was released as part of the game, and a search result from G2A suggests the content is detected via your Steam account.

So I'm unsure how the DLC would be activated should I download an earlier version. It sounds like since it's tied to Steam account purchases the game itself should detect and activate the DLC. Guess I'll end up trying and see what happens.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Energy Balance has done a wonderful job at making me feel dumb.

It's just simple addition. Each row and column must equal a specific number. so if it says X/-5 , I need to make it equal -5 through (- 1 plus - 5 plus -4 plus 5) = X.

Can move the tiles in any order

And yet, despite having no problem with math usually, nor other puzzle games, I've somehow befuddled myself on only the third puzzle. In the image below it's that I have yet to solve the X/0, not without disrupting the other equations I've already solved.

58PZRWu.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
-4 +4 -1 -2 = -3
-4 -6 0 5 = -5
5 -1 0 -4 = 0
-2 -8 -5 -4 = -19

-8 unused

(i cheated and wrote code to solve the problem by randomly permuting numbers until it satisfied the conditions; there are multiple solutions)

Amzin

Energy Balance has done a wonderful job at making me feel dumb.

It's just simple addition. Each row and column must equal a specific number. so if it says X/-5 , I need to make it equal -5 through (- 1 plus - 5 plus -4 plus 5) = X.

Can move the tiles in any order

And yet, despite having no problem with math usually, nor other puzzle games, I've somehow befuddled myself on only the third puzzle. In the image below it's that I have yet to solve the X/0, not without disrupting the other equations I've already solved.

58PZRWu.png

It's hard to really try different combinations in my head, but I suspect some logic can be used to work through a few things:
  • You only have 2 positive numbers, and obviously at LEAST one has to be used in the bottom row with a corresponding negative as well
  • The zeroes may be suited elsewhere - could have BOTH positive numbers on the bottom row and make the top row -3 using -1, -2, 0, 0
  • Right column and bottom row seem like the two to focus on first maybe
  • The positive number on the bottom could be -5 with a -1 and -4 to round it out as well

Edit: pffff so beaten. That's what I get for checking other social media before Steamgaf :p
Double edit: Based on Stumps answers, I actually did have it correct in my head at one point and missed it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
-4 +4 -1 -2 = -3
-4 -6 0 5 = -5
5 -1 0 -4 = 0
-2 -8 -5 -4 = -19

-8 unused

(i cheated and wrote code to solve the problem by randomly permuting numbers until it satisfied the conditions; there are multiple solutions)

This is perhaps the most frustrating part for me. I could easily have done the code as well no problem, so I know my brain can still create and solve things, but years of not being in math class seems to have just eroded this basic level stuff for me. SpaceChem, Infinifactory, and TIS-100 didn't get to me like this one has.

Edit Ha, and the fourth puzzle I did in less than 20 seconds. Okay, maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me.

Edit 2: And now I beat the entire game. It really was just solving the simple ones first. Not sure why the hell that third puzzle there took me so long now, I did the next 13 in the same amount of time.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Loot Hero DX -- MB-7A5BC9D4D192CA0B - Taken by MaxiLive

Grrr. Can't release tomorrow cause I didn't change the date before midnight.

EDIT: Actually I could, but can't do a discount sale until Tuesday.

Sch1sm

Just finished The Dream Machine. It was a long road, and the ending doesn't feel like a good ending (it's not happy, and it's only vaguely bittersweet,) but kudos to the developers to sticking it out with a claymated episodic game over seven years.

I highly suggest you play it.

Yeah. Just saw earlier as I was crawling through the puzzle tag that the last chapter finally released. Gonna play through it entirely soon, been waiting for this.

Did a bit of idling last night, it still seems to work just like before. Make sure they have run for 2 hours and then just keep hitting next inside idlemaster every 5 seconds or so.

Ludens

Banned
How many games usually chrono.gg adds each time? The last time they added two, but I am breed is 97% claimed so there's a chance new games will pop out today, I have 7k coins to spend.

Also I started Red Faction Guerrilla, it's funny but I don't like the fact you need to do side missions (in order to take out control from EDF) in order to clear main missions, it's like in Saints Row 2 where you need to grind respect or something like that.
The game itself is funny, anyway, for some mindless action.

Also I hope Injustice 2 will release on PC later with all dlcs like it happened for the first one.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The space crudase -- MB-D62D5009374DE423 - Taken by fuzzy123

Just noticed a strange thing: Red Faction Guerrilla appears unde rmy latest games played on XBox Gamertag, dunno why since I'm playing it on Steam. The last game I executed was Phantom Dust Remastered, since I don't own an XBox One or a 360, and Phantom Dust is the only Win10 game I have.
Maybe Red Faction is still using GFWL?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should be the same price as on PSn.
Rev 2 expansion will be $20.

so with the price drop on Rev, Rev+Rev2 is 50, which is what it would be if it was standalone. Makes sense I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just noticed a strange thing: Red Faction Guerrilla appears unde rmy latest games played on XBox Gamertag, dunno why since I'm playing it on Steam. The last game I executed was Phantom Dust Remastered, since I don't own an XBox One or a 360, and Phantom Dust is the only Win10 game I have.
Maybe Red Faction is still using GFWL?

It is, sort of. While GFWL was given the flick in favour of Steamworks in December 2014, the build Nordic replaced is still available as an opt-in alternative for those who'd prefer to play the GFWL version.

Ludens

Banned
It is, sort of. While GFWL was replaced with Steamworks in December 2014, the build Nordic replaced is still available as an opt-in alternative for those who'd prefer to play the GFWL version.

Umh, but I'm playing the Steam Edition, not that build, so I think there's a layer interfacing with XBOX app in both versions.

Anteater

UPDATE 2 (29 MAY)

It’s a holiday here in the UK, but we wanted to get a patch out to you as quickly as possible, so we have made publicly available our beta patch. Please note that this patch has not been QA checked, so install at your own risk!

To install, go to Vanquish in your Steam library, right click and select “Properties,” then go to the “Betas” tab. In the field to enter the beta access code, type the password

PatchBetaTest

(caps-sensitive); “public_patch” will now appear in the drop down menu. Select it and close the Properties menu.

This patch addresses the following:
• Fixed an issue with invincibility frame timing (which sometimes allowed the player to get hit more frequently at higher frame rates).
• Fixed an issue with health regeneration at higher frame rates.
• Fixed an issue when resetting to default on the options menu.
• Fixed an issue with video cutscenes skipping early for some players.
• Fixed an animation issue when sliding backwards and aiming using keyboard and mouse.
• Adjusted cutscene audio volume.

The patch also adds two more command line functions:
• -monitor 2 (or any number in a multi-monitor setup)

This will allow users to select which monitor to treat as the primary device, which will allow full screen exclusive to work on that display.

• -window

This will force the game to boot into windowed mode (which should help some players if the game is defaulting to an unsupported resolution).

Please feel free to give the beta patch a go and report your findings in this thread. Thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/460810/discussions/0/1290691308573046864/

beta patch for Vanquish is out

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Umh, but I'm playing the Steam Edition, not that build, so I think there's a layer interfacing with XBOX app in both versions.

The Xbox app and GFWL aren't interlinked from a service standpoint. It's listed as a recently played title as the app also detects select non-Xbox/WinStore games. For example, I'm seeing Half-Life 2 (CS:S), CS:GO, Diablo 3, BLOPS 3 and Infinite Warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom