• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Kisaya
Member
(07-11-2017, 09:54 PM)
Kisaya's Avatar
Subbed! So excited, can't believe it's already time. Shame that this season is so short :(
parrotbeak
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:00 PM)
parrotbeak's Avatar

Originally Posted by this_guy

I used HBO Now on my Amazon Fire TV last year to watch GoT and everything worked fine.

Thanks, I'm probably gonna sub via amazon since that'll be the fastest way for me.
JeffZero
Purple Drazi
(07-11-2017, 10:03 PM)
JeffZero's Avatar
I'm probably gonna avoid all netspeak this season because I tend to be very easy-to-please with this show so it kinda just nukes my hype. But! That said! I will absolutely join in the fun as soon as the season's over. Please have fun discussing the new batch of episodes, y'all. <3
mercenar1e
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by el_colibri

How has it been hinted? Not disagreeing btw :)

Before the guy gets dragon glass shoved in his chest the camera angle cuts away to Bran bracing for impact.

seen below at 0:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN0HdSgBfU

the man reacts by moving his hips from side to side before impact.. maybe because hes disabled?

why do the white walkers see bran but dont attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRBeAHtm0w
Last edited by mercenar1e; 07-11-2017 at 10:15 PM.
pablito
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:16 PM)
pablito's Avatar

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

My guess is he's the human turned into the Nights King and/or the three eyed raven. We haven't seen either physically move their legs. The show hinted at the first.

Either being who? Because we've seen the Night King move his legs at the end of Hardhome.
mercenar1e
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:17 PM)

Originally Posted by pablito

Either being who? Because we've seen the Night King move his legs at the end of Hardhome.

due to magic perhaps? it just seems like this is where the show is heading.
Volimar
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:18 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
Will we ever discover the fate of Sir Pounce?
televator
Member
(07-11-2017, 10:44 PM)
televator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Will we ever discover the fate of Sir Pounce?

De-cat-pitated
Valar Morghulis
Member
(07-11-2017, 11:28 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by televator

De-cat-pitated

Lol, terrible.
pablito
Member
(07-11-2017, 11:56 PM)
pablito's Avatar

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

due to magic perhaps? it just seems like this is where the show is heading.

Yeah if you can raise the dead, I can buy you using magic to walk.
DarkJediKnight
(07-12-2017, 12:17 AM)
DarkJediKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

And Tommen death was very shocking and sad.

Maybe Bran warged into Tommen and wanted to remind the people why "King's Landing" is called ... "King's Landing"
Last edited by DarkJediKnight; 07-12-2017 at 12:19 AM.
jack_package_200
Banned
(07-12-2017, 12:27 AM)
Hype

Looking forward to seeing the conclusion to the stories of my favorite characters (Cersei, Littlefinger,Tyrion, Jamie)

I hope Sam Tarly remains in that library forever.
televator
Member
(07-12-2017, 01:31 AM)
televator's Avatar
Are we allowed to talk about the obvious stuff in the trailers?
lamaroo
Member
(07-12-2017, 02:16 AM)
lamaroo's Avatar

Originally Posted by televator

Are we allowed to talk about the obvious stuff in the trailers?

Keep it to spoiler tags and label them is my guess. I'd appreciate that because I'm trying to avoid the trailers.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(07-12-2017, 02:20 AM)
Einchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by lamaroo

Keep it to spoiler tags and label them is my guess. I'd appreciate that because I'm trying to avoid the trailers.

Yeah, same.

I watched the first, but I kinda forgot all of it, and I skipped the second.
SDBurton
World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
(07-12-2017, 02:24 AM)
SDBurton's Avatar
I'm so pumped for this. Let's go!!!
Cornballer
foul temptress
(07-12-2017, 02:26 AM)
Cornballer's Avatar

Originally Posted by televator

Are we allowed to talk about the obvious stuff in the trailers?

Yes, but the usual TV thread rules apply for trailers and promos. Just put it in some spoiler tags.
televator
Member
(07-12-2017, 03:34 AM)
televator's Avatar
Okay, cool. It not too serious, I just find it funny that the Hound [Trailer spoiler] might have a very interesting conversation with Jon Snow about his little sister Arya. lol
soundscream
ATTN MEN: visually inspect your condom before disposal
Also GAF's leading millennial
(07-12-2017, 03:38 AM)
soundscream's Avatar

Originally Posted by televator

Okay, cool. It not too serious, I just find it funny that the Hound [Trailer spoiler] might have a very interesting conversation with Jon Snow about his little sister Arya. lol

Well he wouldn't have anything more to add beyond what Brianne told Sansa about her.
televator
Member
(07-12-2017, 03:46 AM)
televator's Avatar

Originally Posted by soundscream

Well he wouldn't have anything more to add beyond what Brianne told Sansa about her.

Yeah but not the way he would say it though. Should be pretty funny.
BizzyBum
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:10 AM)
BizzyBum's Avatar
7 then 6 to close this out? Damn that sucks...
The Real Abed
Perma-Junior
(07-12-2017, 09:33 AM)
The Real Abed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einchy

Yeah, same.

I watched the first, but I kinda forgot all of it, and I skipped the second.

Ditto. I'm going in as blind as I can.
Valar Morghulis
Member
(07-12-2017, 03:59 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

7 then 6 to close this out? Damn that sucks...

It's not so bad, the runtime of this season runs closer to 8 episodes than it does 7. Next season will probably be the same.
Nameless
(07-12-2017, 04:03 PM)
Nameless's Avatar
Been so wrapped up with BOTW that I didn't even realize this was up!

Ready for that full, minus Robb & Rickon, Stark children reunion.
wiibomb
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:18 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by televator

Okay, cool. It not too serious, I just find it funny that the Hound [Trailer spoiler] might have a very interesting conversation with Jon Snow about his little sister Arya. lol

I was thinking if there would be any moment Arya and Jon might meet again in the series. At this point it might never happen.
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(07-12-2017, 04:26 PM)
ReiGun's Avatar
We still doing two threads?

Who's gotta get married to make the houses of Book Gaf and TV-Only Gaf one? :(
NandoGip
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:29 PM)
NandoGip's Avatar
Does HBO Go stream the episode live? Or do you have to wait until it's over

edit:

Also is there a Discord or IRC for live discussion?

If not, anyone want to start one?
Last edited by NandoGip; 07-12-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-12-2017, 04:34 PM)
I just completed a rewatch... think The Hound is one of the best television characters (writing and performance) up there with my favorites ever.
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(07-12-2017, 04:34 PM)
Heshinsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

My guess is he's the human turned into the Nights King and/or the three eyed raven. We haven't seen either physically move their legs. The show hinted at the first.

Can someone explain this theory to me like I'm 5 please? How can Bran be a dude from 8000 years ago?
RangerX
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:38 PM)
RangerX's Avatar
Hopefully the show can get back to the quality level of the second and third series. The last two haven't been very good, five imparticular.
TheLostBigBoss
Banned
(07-12-2017, 04:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Heshinsi

Can someone explain this theory to me like I'm 5 please? How can Bran be a dude from 8000 years ago?

We've already seen time travel with Hodor being warged in the past.

When people see time travel stuff, there isn't much room for surprised twists after the first time. It's a logical twist to assume and guess, simply based on the implications of

1) Having an "all knowing" character.
2) Time travel abilities
3) He was called the "new" Three Eyed Raven, and was seen literally downloading the history of the world while he was escaping the cave.

Originally Posted by RangerX

Hopefully the show can get back to the quality level of the second and third series. The last two haven't been very good, five imparticular.

Season five was bad, but I blame that on having to reboot so many arcs that were completed in season four and three.
Last edited by TheLostBigBoss; 07-12-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Crispy75
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:41 PM)
Crispy75's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heshinsi

Can someone explain this theory to me like I'm 5 please? How can Bran be a dude from 8000 years ago?

3ER warned Bran that if he stays in his visions too long, he won't be able to come back. So the implication is that could warg/possess some dude 8000 years ago in order to build the wall, which has to exist in order to keep the WW at bay until The Prince That Was Promised finally turns up to defeat them.
wiibomb
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:45 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by RangerX

Hopefully the show can get back to the quality level of the second and third series. The last two haven't been very good, five imparticular.

I still think season 6 was one of the bests.

Season 5 was bad, yes, but that's understandable when so much plots were finished or just started by the end of season 4, they needed to make another build up like in the second season which not many liked.

still there were some unacceptable things in season 5 like the dorne half assed plot and performance
RangerX
Member
(07-12-2017, 04:49 PM)
RangerX's Avatar

Originally Posted by wiibomb

I still think season 6 was one of the bests.

Season 5 was bad, yes, but that's understandable when so much plots were finished or just started by the end of season 4, they needed to make another build up like in the second season which not many liked.

still there were some unacceptable things in season 5 like the dorne half assed plot and performance

Six had some spectacle and looked great but writing has been going downhill for a few seasons now. Characters do things just because the plot needs them to.
wiibomb
Member
(07-12-2017, 05:00 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by RangerX

Six had some spectacle and looked great but writing has been going downhill for a few seasons now. Characters do things just because the plot needs them to.

I clearly remember that on season 5, cersei was doing some stupid things that are not what that character made, same as some others like jamie or Brienne.

On S6 I think they got back on track to what they actually made, I actually heard that the writers were kind of held back by what the last book had since the book portrayed characters very differently from what they had been known for., S6 was were they got to write free from book shackles.
NandoGip
Member
(07-12-2017, 05:02 PM)
NandoGip's Avatar
Besides minor criticisms, the one big black mark on the GoT tv show is the sand snake storyline
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(07-12-2017, 05:03 PM)
Heshinsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLostBigBoss

We've already seen time travel with Hodor being warged in the past.

When people see time travel stuff, there isn't much room for surprised twists after the first time. It's a logical twist to assume and guess, simply based on the implications of

1) Having an "all knowing" character.
2) Time travel abilities
3) He was called the "new" Three Eyed Raven, and was seen literally downloading the history of the world while he was escaping the cave.



Season five was bad, but I blame that on having to reboot so many arcs that were completed in season four and three.

Originally Posted by Crispy75

3ER warned Bran that if he stays in his visions too long, he won't be able to come back. So the implication is that could warg/possess some dude 8000 years ago in order to build the wall, which has to exist in order to keep the WW at bay until The Prince That Was Promised finally turns up to defeat them.

Oh, so kinda like those Animorph books, he gets stuck in the body of someone. I was thinking Bran somehow physically being transported back in time. Ok this actually makes sense.
Evolved1
make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
(07-12-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by NandoGip

Besides minor criticisms, the one big black mark on the GoT tv show is the sand snake storyline

Tbh wasn't that bad on rewatch... definitely a low point, though.
TheLostBigBoss
Banned
(07-12-2017, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Evolved1

Tbh wasn't that bad on rewatch... definitely a low point, though.

I can think of two reasons why it's not so bad
BizzyBum
Member
(07-12-2017, 06:27 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis

It's not so bad, the runtime of this season runs closer to 8 episodes than it does 7. Next season will probably be the same.

Yeah but I didn't even know it was ending next season. I thought this shit was gonna go on for like 20 seasons... lol
NandoGip
Member
(07-12-2017, 06:45 PM)
NandoGip's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

Yeah but I didn't even know it was ending next season. I thought this shit was gonna go on for like 20 seasons... lol

Kind of will. Multiple offshots announced. Think of it as this being the end of just one story.
Waylon Drums
Member
(07-12-2017, 07:03 PM)
Waylon Drums's Avatar

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

Before the guy gets dragon glass shoved in his chest the camera angle cuts away to Bran bracing for impact.

seen below at 0:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN0HdSgBfU

the man reacts by moving his hips from side to side before impact.. maybe because hes disabled?

why do the white walkers see bran but dont attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRBeAHtm0w

You're going to suffocate from being buried under all that tinfoil.

P.S. Those are wights, not White Walkers.

Originally Posted by NandoGip

Kind of will. Multiple offshots announced. Think of it as this being the end of just one story.

Multiple options for offshoots/spinoffs. They're only going to move forward with one. For now, anyway.
BizzyBum
Member
(07-12-2017, 07:04 PM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by NandoGip

Kind of will. Multiple offshots announced. Think of it as this being the end of just one story.

So will the spinoffs be based on the books or original stories for HBO?
studyguy
Member
(07-12-2017, 07:05 PM)
studyguy's Avatar
Man I always need a refresher for the previous season going into the new one. It's like 90% of the time going "what the fuck happened" beyond the context given in the short ep intros.
Waylon Drums
Member
(07-12-2017, 07:08 PM)
Waylon Drums's Avatar

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

So will the spinoffs be based on the books or original stories for HBO?

The books will have been fully adapted by the show once it's over so it'll be something set in the same universe but at a different time/telling a different story.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(07-12-2017, 07:10 PM)
Cornballer's Avatar
Just a reminder that we have a thread for discussing the spinoffs if people would like more information about that.

Originally Posted by studyguy

Man I always need a refresher for the previous season going into the new one. It's like 90% of the time going "what the fuck happened" beyond the context given in the short ep intros.

Recaps:

Originally Posted by Cornballer

I haven't seen an official one. Gamesradar did one that has a lot of views on youtube. It's about 10 minutes long. You can also watch a 4 minute rap recapping S1-S6 if you want.

G-Bus
Member
(07-12-2017, 07:17 PM)
G-Bus's Avatar
Seasons going to go by so fast :(

Need to find a season 1-6 recap online. So much I don't remember.
fantomena
Banned
(07-12-2017, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Crispy75

3ER warned Bran that if he stays in his visions too long, he won't be able to come back. So the implication is that could warg/possess some dude 8000 years ago in order to build the wall, which has to exist in order to keep the WW at bay until The Prince That Was Promised finally turns up to defeat them.

I call bull because 1) I do not have any reason to think that Bran will warg into a dude 8000 years ago 2) the stories about the long night and Bran the Builder are as unclear as the prophecies of Azor Ahai (like, is even the prince who was promised and Azor Ahai the same thing?) 3) Im still pushing on the theory that the white walkers themselves built the wall.

GRRM has said himself that prophecies such as Azor Ahai are unclear and the stories were written/told many thousands of years after it happened.

What if Azor Ahai or the prince who was promised was a diplomat and made a pact with the WW, so the WW built the ice wall to mark their territory or something? I mean, would humans and Bran the Builder would build that big, thick long wall of ice or some actual ice creatures?
Last edited by fantomena; 07-12-2017 at 07:37 PM.
curiouscharles
Member
(07-12-2017, 08:04 PM)
curiouscharles's Avatar

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

Before the guy gets dragon glass shoved in his chest the camera angle cuts away to Bran bracing for impact.

seen below at 0:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN0HdSgBfU

the man reacts by moving his hips from side to side before impact.. maybe because hes disabled?

why do the white walkers see bran but dont attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRBeAHtm0w


lulz, so wrong it hurts.

bran is the three-eyed raven in the making, no question about that.

watch some theory videos on youtube, pretty much everything gets figured out about this show before each season starts [and it's typically all spot on].

can't wait to see this season, although i've spoiled most of it for myself with watching said youtube videos [but i fucking love spoilers].


Originally Posted by fantomena

I call bull because 1) I do not have any reason to think that Bran will warg into a dude 8000 years ago 2) the stories about the long night and Bran the Builder are as unclear as the prophecies of Azor Ahai (like, is even the prince who was promised and Azor Ahai the same thing?) 3) Im still pushing on the theory that the white walkers themselves built the wall.

GRRM has said himself that prophecies such as Azor Ahai are unclear and the stories were written/told many thousands of years after it happened.

What if Azor Ahai or the prince who was promised was a diplomat and made a pact with the WW, so the WW built the ice wall to mark their territory or something? I mean, would humans and Bran the Builder would build that big, thick long wall of ice or some actual ice creatures?


again, y'all really need to watch more YT videos.

bran the builder built the wall, there is zero question about that.

the only question is whether bran wargs into bran the builder / is associated with him somehow.

azor ahai = the prince that was promised, zero doubts.

how season 7 chooses to portray azor ahai is still in question though - the new trailers suggest some interesting concepts that are discussed heavily on youtube [and are super exciting].

[seriously folks, if y'all gon theorize watch some freaking YT theorizing videos, they've typically been proven 98% spot-on with their pre-season theorizing once the season is over]
Last edited by curiouscharles; 07-12-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(07-12-2017, 08:27 PM)
Einchy's Avatar
Yeah, I'm not sure about Bran becoming The Knight King. I think it makes way more sense for him to be Bran the Builder and then The Three Eyed Raven.

Thread Tools