• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruh.

kCnQ0i6.gif

Lucini

Banned
Son what the fuck did I just watch...can that be added to the existing Wall of Shame.

I'm giving harSon a wing in the Wall of Shame to his self at this point.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Son what the fuck did I just watch...can that be added to the existing Wall of Shame.

I'm giving harSon a wing in the Wall of Shame to his self at this point.
I just found the worse anime image macro. But I dont have the time to photoshop his face and everyone elses on it.

Shy

Thought i'd post this old (from 1999) documentary about football hooligans.

Sorry couldn't get a better copy for you guys to watch.
It was orginally shown on the BBC i believe. But this is from a German broadcaster, don't worry only their intro is in German. Then the rest is in English. (but has German subs over it. Sorry again)

Don't read the comments though.
Niggas still lying in the age of screenshots?
It's mental.
Sup Nikkas.

Urien is nice played him a while back.

But to be real most my time is gonna go to p5 *shrug*

smh @ the wall of shame tho
You playing the Japanese version of Persona 5. ?
Sorry didn't really mean it. I know you kicked my butt Iron but only because I beat your Urien and you switched to that grabby ass Alex so 😛

JK you're a very good player, but you know Ryu is my boy and he spanked you 🤗
ZOcTmr4.gif

Good evening, loved ones.

A+ thread title.
Evening Dreams.

Hope the week treated you well.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Nite y'all
Night night.

D i Z

I can't even with this. Mofo's are competing for a spot on the wall. There's room for all. You don't have to do it this way.

The five I watch are: Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, and Ghost in the Shell.

Hunter X Hunter is by the same guy that made Yu Yu Hakusho and it's miles better, the best of the genre i'd say! (In my opinion of course).

If you liked the themes of GitS(scifi-stuff), the scifi/cyberpunk anime i always recommend to everyone is Dennou Coil. Summer Wars is a nice movie too! Planetes is also one of my favorite anime too but some people think it's 'too slow paced' :(

All of those seem to be somewhat action-y, so i'll recommend: Cowboy Bebop (same guy who made Champloo), Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Rurouni Kenshin (i don't think the anime holds up that well nowadays but it's a 'classic'), Sword of the Stranger (movie) & Black Lagoon.

Malyse

Nas is an overrated ass rapper who really ain't that good

Fuck him

The prefrontal cortex of the brain doesn't grow in until around age 25; this is the portion of the brain that help you make sound, intelligent decisions. So until 25, you are actually physically impeded from making good choices. It's not impossible, but it's much more likely that you make bad ones. And as a teenage, all of the changes and chemicals flowing through your body can make you do and say things that make literally no sense when you reflect back on them later.

JeanGrey

Good morning BCT

Shout out to Ryu 🤗
Cammy I need your help to keep them boys in check. 😉
Alex we will meet again 😎
Ohayo to Slay 🇯🇵

Sunshine rainbows and blue flowers to everyone else 🌅 😊

To those who don't belong you know who you are... 🤐🤐🤐

Like always stay positive and Safe 😊

Sch1sm

Well..somehow this place archived the unexpected. It got even more embarrassing..

Good morning to..some of you 😕

Good morning BCT

Shout out to Ryu 🤗
Cammy I need your help to keep them boys in check. 😉
Alex we will meet again 😎
Ohayo to Slay 🇯🇵

Sunshine rainbows and blue flowers to everyone else 🌅 😊

To those who don't belong you know who you are... 🤐🤐🤐

Like always stay positive and Safe 😊

Morning, you two. 🤗

----

Nas hate, anime influenced rap, more Nas hate. S'wrong with y'all. Making me more sad than Kevin Garnett'a retirement announcement.

Dereck

What do you mean
I'm gonna replace like with "GOAT". For Nas, from what I read and hear from people since I don't listen to Nas that much at all, he's considered the GOAT firstly because of his first 2-3 albums and The Lost Tapes alone, secondly because he's a very good lyricist. There's no mistaking that at all. His longevity is another reason, as in he's been in the mainstream for over 20 years and shows no signs of stopping, his last album in 2012 was great.

Illmatic, even though it's just one album, which is an argument that I hear from people who don't think Nas should be considered as the GOAT, did so much, more than I can say here and more than I actually know.

The only thing that I can't attribute to MF DOOM is Nas's beef with Jay Z and how it singlehandley influenced Hip-Hop beef ever sense. They're both similar rappers, but I'm actually surprised at how much DOOM is not mentioned as a GOAT, even though I don't think he is, but he definitely has some criteria that would make someone calling him GOAT not look unreasonable.

He's been in the game since the late 80s, he's switched his style up a few times, Zev Love X and Operation Doomsday DOOM are not exactly the same. Operation Doomsday DOOM and Madvillain DOOM aren't the same. He's got just enough of that unorthodox flow, weirdness, detached mentality from society, he's got the deep voice, unusual monotony, obscure cartoon and show references, weird beats, goofiness, consistency, intelligence and wit, he undeniably has more than two classic albums under his belt, no one has really replicated the guy I mean his style is really hard to replicate. He's collaborated with some great people, I'm actually surprised he hasn't been on a track with Nas at this point.

Nas and DOOM are both New York rappers who have been doing it well for quite awhile and are both similar in the sense that they are considered lyricists who can be a bit monotone, MF DOOM a lot more so.

The argument I do understand however is that if you can't get past the way MF DOOM raps you probably won't like many of his projects which kind of knocks him out of the GOAT conversation because his rapping style is not really accessible as someone like Jay Z.

LionPride

Banned
If Nas is overrated, who do you like?
If we talkin all time

Kendrick
Andre/Big Boi
Kanye
Rakim
I don't know how I forgot, but Black Thought as well

Right now rappers/groups I like

Kendrick
Future
Kanye
Mick Jenkins
Chance
Jazz Cartier
Travis Scott
Rae Sremmurd

I've just never fucked with Nas, Tupac, Biggie, or Common

The prefrontal cortex of the brain doesn't grow in until around age 25; this is the portion of the brain that help you make sound, intelligent decisions. So until 25, you are actually physically impeded from making good choices. It's not impossible, but it's much more likely that you make bad ones. And as a teenage, all of the changes and chemicals flowing through your body can make you do and say things that make literally no sense when you reflect back on them later.
And when I'm 25 I'm gonna think long and hard and know one thing. Nas is overrated. Illmatic and It Was Written are aight albums. He doesn't have the excuse of Pac and Biggie of folks overrating them because they died. People wanna care about nostalgia and I'll say this, he is a good rapper, but he overrated as fuck. Like how niggas try and overrate Hopsin or Jay Electronica

Dereck

If we talkin all time

Kendrick
Andre/Big Boi
Kanye
Rakim

Right now rappers/groups I like

Kendrick
Future
Kanye
Mick Jenkins
Chance