• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Guys you can use the Sony store in a browser if you don't want to navigate the download list on your browser.

kDDl6ja.png

Cudder

So if I don't have a game in my download list, can I purchase it from the webstore, THEN download it straight to my Vita from the DL list?

Those two never were released on PSN in North America. They're available in Japan, and Europe so it's a ??? Square Enix thing.

Wait wait, I thought those two were on the PSN Store?!?! Holy crap, I didn't even realize the PSP versions of those weren't digital.

SE gonna SE? (Especially weird since FFIV complete collection is available digitally...and the Dissidias.....There's no weird 'licensing issues' with FF1/2....)

Someone at SCEA leaned against a giant "make everything compatible" button.

Until SCEA says something about it this is the only logical conclusion I can arrive at using several scientific disciplines.

Now we need Square Enix to hit the "Crisis Core and BBS on PSN" button.

sector4

Yeah, PO and MGS1 are working on my Vita.
I've had MGS1 working on my Vita since I got it, but that's PAL regions.

Also can confirm (already did in the other thread, but others might not have seen) that Crash works on a PAL Vita using a US Account to purchase if anyone else picked them up during the 99c sale.

VertPin

Does this mean that if I buy a Vita tomorrow, I can purchase any PSX and PSP games and play them on the Vita? Because if so I would seriously do it. Will they be on the Vita PSN store?

Does this mean that if I buy a Vita tomorrow, I can purchase any PSX and PSP games and play them on the Vita? Because if so I would seriously do it. Will they be on the Vita PSN store?

As long as they're available on PSN (or, in the case of delisted stuff, you have them in your download history) then YES.
To the second question I say PROBABLY.

Jebusman

Banned
Now we need Square Enix to hit the "Crisis Core and BBS on PSN" button.

I think what bothers me even more is that the PSP emulator on the Vita is perfectly capable of running Crisis Core, but Square Enix seemingly decided that most of their PSP contributions wouldn't get digital releases.

Listonosh

Holy damn! I thought the Spyro/Crash games were good news! I have so many PSP titles I can finally put on my Vita now!

But damn...now I really need a bigger Memory Card.

DedValve

Banned
awwwww yyyyissssss

as someone who missed a HUGE portion of the PS1 era (outside crash, tomb raider and alundra 2) recommend me some PSX/PSP classics.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn the best handheld just keeps getting better. Maybe they'll flip the switch on GBA games before Nintendo does with the 3DS.

AmanoBuff

How do PSP games look on the Vita? Is there some sort of weird upscaling or anything?

In my experience, some 3D games don't look too good (like God Eater) while others look decent (like Silent Hill Origins). 2D games though look amazing. I played FFIV the Complete Collection a few months back and it looks incredible thanks to the pixel per pixel scaling.

jackal27

Banned
Was there a price drop recently!? Why is Valkyria Chronicles 2 $9.99!?

ALSO, what PSOne and PSP games are available to me now as someone who owns a Vita, but not a PS3?

mstevens

So I'm obviously pumped on Crash and Spyro, but are there any previously-psp-games-only that are must haves? I don't have a PS3 or a PSP.

Top Bottom