• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park: The Game |OT| Eventually you might have gameplay in your game, right?

Snaku

Banned
GRQnk.png

http://www.telltalegames.com/jurassicpark

Release: 11/15/11

S6cDY.jpg
GrPsX.png

Gamestop Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus
LqKWH.jpg

PC/Mac Digital Deluxe Edition
TIPI5.jpg

Order now and save $10.00 off the regular price of $49.99. Produced in a limited quantity, this exclusive collectable version of the game includes:
  • Replica InGen staff ID badge as seen in the movie and the game
  • Replica of movie Brochure/Map, updated to include game content
  • Replica of Jurassic Park patch as worn on staff uniforms
  • InGen Field Guide: 32 Pages of content welcoming you to Jurassic Park
  • Exclusive Limited Edition packaging
  • Access to exclusive digital content including the game soundtrack and behind the scenes video

Screenshots
RYvWY.jpg

UijUY.jpg

Jk897.jpg

Videos
Teaser
Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park
E3 B-Roll
Action Montage
Behind the Scenes

TE1fl.jpg

Do we have to let them borrow our car?

Also: You might want to include the fact that it will be released on the PS3 but my PSN only.

Mifune

Mehmber
I love that the thread title is already hating.

And by love, I mean find really grating and obnoxious.

“I’ll tell you the problem with the scientific power you’re using here: it didn’t require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn’t earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don’t take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you, you’ve patented it, and packaged it, you’ve slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it.”

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:
Do we have to let them borrow our car?

Also: You might want to include the fact that it will be released on the PS3 but my PSN only.

Damnit SquareTriangle, where is my PS3 disc edition?

Rlan

They usually do that after the game is released though. Are they releasing it this week entirely, but having the option of episodic content then?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brandonh83 said:
They'll need it to promote the scene where it falls down through a big tree.

It's okay, though, you'll be insured... right?

Snaku

Banned
Rlan said:
They usually do that after the game is released though. Are they releasing it this week entirely, but having the option of episodic content then?

Nope, the intention was to release an episode every month starting back in April. But they pushed the release date back, presumably to capitalize on the Blu-ray release like they did with Back to the Future. As an apology to people whom had pre-ordered it before the original April release, Telltale refunded everyone's money, and gave them a $35 voucher good towards JP or any other TT game. I'm only paying $15 out of pocket for the Digital Deluxe Edition after shipping.

I've loved Telltale games in the past but I'm going to have to pass on this. I don't like how they're playing up the QTE "action" and their engine doesn't work with these realistic designs.

zomaha

Your [game developers] were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Mlatador

Banned
Have they gotten the T-Rex roar right yet? Also, it seems the game has visually improved since the last/first trailer(s)

GeoramA

Please be good. Getting it free since I re-upped my PS+ subscription last week, so there's no turning back now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bigjimmystyle said:
So what the fuck do you actually do in this game? What genre is it? Those screenshots don't tell me much.

You destroy jeeps as a raptor. It's car destruction/racing genre.

Adventure game based on the JP movie

Flim Flam

Neo Member
lol at the youtube comments.

I must say I was pretty excited to hear about this coming to iOS, but after looking over the material here and the preview videos, meh.

Ill probably still get it when it goes on sale next week...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bigjimmystyle said:
So what the fuck do you actually do in this game? What genre is it? Those screenshots don't tell me much.

It's like Heavy Rain. Sort of a cinematic, QTE heavy 'experience'. Just watch a few youtubes and you'll get the idea.

Mifune said:
I love that the thread title is already hating.

And by love, I mean find really grating and obnoxious.

Fortunately there are about six thousand other game-fellating Official Thread titles to even it out.

InaudibleWhispa said:
Is this releasing on the 360 anywhere but the US? I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Outside of the US release is delayed until beginning of 2012. If I remember correctly, it's because Telltale is partnering with a distributor for Europe.

gray_fox224 said:
Is this running on Unreal?

Own engine.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Captain N said:
did anyone pick this up yet?

waiting on the Telltale page to go live (and for Steam, 5 hours till unlock)

best bet for early impressions are people picking up retail copies this morning

Top Bottom