• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: The Last Knight |SPOILER THREAD| The worst movie about cars this year

KuCWflX.gif

"Out of the way Hot Rod!"

What gets me is that he freaking shoots him twice, like just shoot him in the head once you dick

Also missing from that gif: Optimus losing the fight initially and begging for his life while Septimus thinks about sparing him

All the good guys double tap, even if the other person is begging for mercy.

One in the gut and one in the noggin

After what Sentinel did to Ironhide, he deserved worse.

I mean he is a shit and so is Megatron but Prime wtf

You? Who are without mercy? Now plead for it?

GIVE ME YOUR FACE

I knew something was up all the way back in the first movie when Prime had what I would affectionately learn to call THE HEAT SHANK

You worked on this piece of shit film? Shame on you.

You really talking shit on someone for getting work, you goon

jmdajr

Wonder if this movie can even hit 40%.

On the Transformers bell curve that would be awesome.

Can't be worse than Alien Covenant. At least I have my expectations in check this time.

Can't be worse than Alien Covenant.

As someone that didn't like Covenant, that movie was better than all the TF movies so far lol

I really don't know why a lot of people like the first and shit on the rest. It's terrible too. :p

I like the second HALF of the third because once the Chicago invasion begins halfway through people mostly stop talking, there's no jokes and the action sequence staging and soundtrack are amazing.

But that's all I got. The rest of the series has been garbage so far. And yet I still find myself going in hopes of maybe just MAYBE someone decided to give Bay a better script instead of pot brownies and WANG-- DEEP-- WANG which I can't for the life of me figure out why that was even a thing written into a script.

MechaX

Since when was that the plan? I thought they faked their deaths in order to convince the Deceptions that they were dead, and then form a plan to get back at them. The Decepticons actually taking over Chicago and doing other evil shit was just a bonus.

They faked their deaths only to openly oppose Megatron not even a day later in a way that they would have done anyway had they not faked their deaths.

And not only do they wait until Chicago is almost entirely razed, not even ten seconds into Optimus's reappearance, he says "See people, this is why the Decepticons are evil and they will never leave you alone, but we Autobots are good though" fully expecting that outcome. This was never about convincing the Decepticons of anything; it was entirely about convincing the humans about trusting the Autobots after the Septimus Prime stuff went south.

Shirke

That moment was so weird lol. He decides to kill the guy when he just wanted to parley

To be fair, Megatron sounded less than sincere to Optimus after he shot Sentinel. What didn't make sense was how a one-armed, badly injured Optimus manages to kill Megatron in less than a minute without a fight, like Megatron was shocked that his archenemy decided not to take his offer.

They faked their deaths only to openly oppose Megatron not even a day later in a way that they would have done anyway had they not faked their deaths.

And not only do they wait until Chicago is almost entirely razed, not even ten seconds into Optimus's reappearance, he says "See people, this is why the Decepticons are evil and they will never leave you alone, but we Autobots are good though" fully expecting that outcome. This was never about convincing the Decepticons of anything; it was entirely about convincing the humans about trusting the Autobots after the Septimus Prime stuff went south.

Sentinel.

You mean Sentinel Prime.

Septimus Prime is that guy from The Voice.

... I'm going to see this film tonight. I dread every passing second that ticks closer to 6PM EDT.

I was going to call him Spock-Bot at first, but Septimus was on the brain for some reason.

When Wheelie at the start of Dark of the Moon says that Star Trek joke, it's almost like you can tell when one of the writers thought they were being clever with that.

... I feel like I'm in this thread because my brain is thinking that foreknowledge will forestall being hit in the face with how glegh the story will inevitably be... and man am I being proven wrong in real time.

Timu

I saw this last night, I thought it was pretty terrible, worst since 2. Normally I can enjoy these movies for the sheer spectacle of them all but this one was way too melodramatic and trying way too hard to create lore that is awful. Huge chunks of the movie are just humans chasing clues and artifacts about nonsense. The transformers history has been rewritten like 5 times already, none of it makes any sense. There is no where near enough transformers on transformers action, way too much focus on humans, more than usual.

And worst of all, that whole ad campaign about
Optimus prime being bad, complete total bullshit, you have seen the entirety of it from the previews alone. Also Optimus is in like 15 minutes of the movie only.
The fact that this is being compared to 2 sounds like it's not a good sign as I hate Revenge of the Fallen.

Sou Da

If you any passing interest in what good Transformers could be like read the More than Meets the eye comic by IDW.

MechaX

The fact that this is being compared to 2 sounds like it's not a good sign as I hate Revenge of the Fallen.

One day, one of these movies will top the rock bottom of a close-up of John Turturro's ass cheeks blown up on an IMAX screen as seen in Revenge of the Fallen.

I basically got hammered at home to watch the last two movies about 8 months after they were released, and it was apparent to me from the trailer that I'd be doing the same with this.

Oh well.

I can watch Beast Wars and Prime whenever I want. I'm good.

Murder Prime is best Prime. It's the rest of the movie that is shit. The decepticons just killed millions of humans, he's not a super hero, they are fighting a war, fuck Sentinel for doing Iron Hide dirty

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yo as someone who was never very familiar with the transformers universe at large, taking a trip down that wiki is RIDICULOUS. Multiverse transformer gods that are responsible for all creation and shit. God damn.

back in my day mother fuckers were just car robots

ash321

The best thing that turd give us is the toy line. The movie was so boring my cousins sleep in the middle of it.
This one doesn't even have good toy to redeem it existence.

Top Bottom