• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: The Last Knight |SPOILER THREAD| The worst movie about cars this year

The weird part is that none of the Transformers remembers Duhamel's character. Megatron is the only Transformer he talks to and even he doesn't recognize him. You get the one character that's been through almost every Transformers conflict since the very beginning and he's just the generic soldier guy.

sphagnum

Banned
They should stop introducing new humans and just make the next one revolve around Izzy, Lennox, Epps, Simmons, and Joyce.

And bring back Mikaela.

The entire second half of the movie the TRF guys are just chasing Marky Mark and Bumblebee for no reason. Like originally they want to kill them because they want to kill transformers and that's their thing. But then Cybertron shows up about to destroy the planet and they they decide to just keep following Marky Mark to the bottom of the ocean because reasons.

There's so much potential in these movies that's spoiled because Bay is a manchild. Like the opening is cheesy, but at least it starts to get kind of cool and build up some emotion and then, HUR DUR I'M A DRUNK HAHA DRAGON PLS.

They were following them to find the spear. The general pretty much tells them this in the movie is their mission.

Snaku

Banned
That would mean that Megatron managed to not only get an entirely new body, but got to Cybertron and back well before Prime did. And even then, it still wouldn't have made sense that Quintessa would send him back with zero resources that she was shown to have later in the movie (with the decepticons getting ships and shit out of nowhere) forcing Megatron to hang out with Barricade in abandoned parking garages and negotiate with with real lawyers for unhinged decepticons.

I dunno, makes more sense than Quintessa having teleportation powers that she doesn't use to come to Earth to retrieve the staff before the humans do.

DonMigs85

I think Age of Extinction was far better than this, even if it dragged at times
-Still packed some nice transformation sequences, which have been going down in number and complexity with each movie
-Lockdown was pretty cool
-Crosshairs and Drift got some nice scenes
-Humor wasn't as forced (I loved it when Drift said he expected Grimlock to turn into a giant car)

Blue Lou

Critic Helen O'Hara was far from impressed.

sheRzyM.png

The Americanising of the farm is pretty funny though (if true).

Guy.brush

Hah, "do they care that Oxford is not in London?"

This is the franchise that had a backdoor of the Smithsonian lead to an Arizona/Nevada desert.

What the fuck does this movie mean?
Were the seven Primes created by the Allspark or were the 12 Knights created by Quintessa's staff? Which were the first transformers? There are two origin stories now?

Who is Murder Prime's real mama? Does Maury know?

J_Viper

The weird part is that none of the Transformers remembers Duhamel's character. Megatron is the only Transformer he talks to and even he doesn't recognize him. You get the one character that's been through almost every Transformers conflict since the very beginning and he's just the generic soldier guy.

Not even Josh Duhamel remembers who Josh Duhamel is

Spacebar

I just got back from seeing the film and I need a nap. The pacing was crazy. It felt like I was on a roller coaster going full speed for 2 1/2 hours. As usual story and writing were shit, but CGI was pretty. Hope they stop this and reboot in 5 years.

B.K.

What the fuck does this movie mean?
Were the seven Primes created by the Allspark or were the 12 Knights created by Quintessa's staff? Which were the first transformers? There are two origin stories now?

I always thing of each Transformers movie as a soft reboot. They change the backstory of every character, human and Transformer, with every movie. They don't really care about continuity.

Z3M0G

I haven't seen the movie yet but I knew about the Unicron thing and I had my buddy pretty much tell me what he thought so I decided fuck it I'm going all in on the spoilers... I decided to watch the rest of Angry Joe's review for the spoiler section and just them trying to compose themselves while explain the plot is hilarious.

https://youtu.be/bbpcihY_6uU?t=1355

I've generally been okay with these movies but holy fuck did that suck.
Earth is Unicron? Fuck off
Bee has been around since WW2? Fuck off
Anything involving the middle ages, fuck off
Same thing with the Quintessa and Cybertron bs.
Cogswhatever was unfunny
Cade and the human girl were alright, those kids at the beginning sucked too.
Only good action was with prime and every other robot did fuck all
Also Hot Rod sucked too.

At least Revenge of the Fallen had a great opening.

Also
Galvatron whomst?

Rayis

I just watched this movie today and it was incomprehensible, the only good scene is the eye candy one when Mark Wahlberg lifts his shirt to reveal his spectacular abs.

sarcastor

Why is everyone shooting machine guns at giant robots?
Why don't they just nuke the base?
Why didn't the dragon kill more bad guys?
Who the fuck is Cogs? Why is he crazy? Is he man-made, or an Autobot?
Why does Optimus Prime fly only once in a while?
Why are the Autobots running when they can drive 5x faster?
Why are there giant horns coming out of the ground for no reason?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Got around to watching this and it's a weird film that is all over the place. The movie reminds me of a Brosnan Bond film. I wish it was so bad that I could call it good but it's mostly bad.

Did Bay ever comment about continuity? Is the Allspark retconned?

Top Bottom