• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch | North American Releases (Digital, Physical)

Gengahrrr

Is NA actually getting the green/pink joy-cons? I saw something about September, but we're also talking about NoA here...

Duderz

Banned
I'm sure this has been asked, but Sonic Mania is not getting a normal physical release on Switch, just a Collector's Edition, correct?

UberTag

Is Redout still on track for a July 25th release?
Not seeing that date reflected on any major retailer site as of right now.

I'm seeing some sites with an August 29th date (alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions) and others with an October 24th date (which I'm more inclined to believe).

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will release on October 3 (see also news thread and Amazon).
There's also a physical release of Penny-Punching Princess by NIS America through their Limited Edition. Planned release date is March 20, 2018 (press release via Gematsu (even though it says Spring 2018 on their site).

Minecraft: Story Mode will release on July 21 in the EU eShop, but it isn't listed on the US eShop yet.The physical release in US and EU is listed for August 22/25 on Amazon (.com & .de + .fr)

chronomac

Is Redout still on track for a July 25th release?
Not seeing that date reflected on any major retailer site as of right now.

I'm seeing some sites with an August 29th date (alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions) and others with an October 24th date (which I'm more inclined to believe).

I haven't seen anything definitive so I'm going to leave it, for now.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will release on October 3 (see also news thread and Amazon).
There's also a physical release of Penny-Punching Princess by NIS America through their Limited Edition. Planned release date is March 20, 2018 (press release via Gematsu (even though it says Spring 2018 on their site).

Minecraft: Story Mode will release on July 21 in the EU eShop, but it isn't listed on the US eShop yet.The physical release in US and EU is listed for August 22/25 on Amazon (.com & .de + .fr)

Added Penny Punching Princess and moved Battle Chasers, so thanks for those recommendations.

I'm going to leave Minecraft as TBD until I see something more concrete but I wouldn't be surprised if that August date works out.

bumpkin

Is NA actually getting the green/pink joy-cons? I saw something about September, but we're also talking about NoA here...
I'm assuming no, because Japan and Europe are and we haven't heard shit from NOA yet. I'm planning to import a set.

chronomac

Just noticed I and Me in the eShop's Coming Soon section so I added it to the calendar (it doesn't have an eShop page on the main site). Thursday looks really busy but I'm willing to bet that at least one of these gets delayed (like maybe Rocket Fist):

Death Squared
I and Me
Rocket Fist
Physical Contact: Speed
De Mambo
Fatal Fury Special (Neo Geo)

If they all show up, it'll be the biggest week since the first two of March.

chronomac

Here's (basically) everything from Saturday, July 8th until today.

Added:
Moved:
Edited:

Needless to say, it was a pretty big week.

chronomac

Here's (basically) everything from Saturday, July 15th until today.

Added:
Moved:

Camjo-Z

I noticed Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase is missing from the list, set for Fall 2017 with a physical release as well.

gYdJflR.jpg

ReaperXL7

I recently sold my PS4 during the recent GameStop 70% trade in deal in order to get a Switch. To be honest I was really concerned that I would regret it, as the last Nintendo console I ever owned was an SNES (we got my daughter a 2ds but it broke awhile ago) and I wasn't even a huge fan of most of Nintendos first party stuff and the majority of my game time was spent on games from Square, Capcom, Konami etc.

Finally got a hold of a Switch almost a week ago now and I couldn't be happier with it outside of it needing time for the library to build. This is first console we have had on which the whole family has been interested in playing games on the system together, Mario Kart has gotten the most love, but Arms and Splatoon are very popular also.

I also really like in Mario Kart how it has features that allow my 3yr old son to play and finish races aswell because even though he can't quite keep up with the rest of us he just likes racing with baby Mario. I'm hoping that Nintendo will bring a few more games from the Wii U to the Switch, stuff like Smash Brothers, And Mario maker along with virtual console and games like Link to the Past, Super Mario world and the Breath of Fire games but we will see how that goes.

I'm also hoping that we get some news on stuff like Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, maybe Yo Kai watch and I'd love a port or sequel to Sonic all star racing transformed coming to Switch.

I'm not done with non Nintendo stuff anymore as my plan is to finally build my PC at the beginning of next year but there will be plenty in the Switches first year to keep us busy on the game side.

Jimx26

Just spotted overcooked on the store £17.99? No thanks Nintendo, that's a £10 portable tax over the PS4 price currently.

chronomac

Here's (basically) everything from Saturday, July 22nd until today.

Added:
Moved:
Edited:

Yep, it's great.

Man, when is Hollow Knight coming? I know they're testing it right now but would love for it to go Gold already. I feel it could be any day now.

Release schedule is really looking good in the next few months. Just hope Nintendo can get plenty of Switches on shelves for those wanting one.

chronomac

Top Bottom