• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

.la1n

Good on the team trying to do right by the fans. I understand that GWG kinda throws a wrench on verifying owners. I also couldn't fathom the logistical nightmare that would be verifying individual owner purchase dates of past seasons. It's the best outcome given their options.

mdsfx

For someone out of the loop:

Are Shin Hisako and Kilgore not considered season 3? Are they bonus characters after the fact? Just curious why they are not included for season 3 owners...

Marvel

could never
I need to play some ki, bought a TE2 and haven't really used it yet. Looking forward to trying out the new character.

.la1n

For someone out of the loop:

Are Shin Hisako and Kilgore not considered season 3? Are they bonus characters after the fact? Just curious why they are not included for season 3 owners...

They were not part of the Season 3 development. The team considers them more of a Season 3.5 in that they were built with budget/time not part of Season 3. It's bonus content so not sure why anyone would have ever thought they wouldn't be standalone purchases.

mdsfx

They were not part of the Season 3 development. The team considers them more of a Season 3.5 in that they were built with budget/time not part of Season 3. It's bonus content so not sure why anyone would have ever thought they wouldn't be standalone purchases.
Ah makes sense. I simply bought season 3 when it first was available without keeping up with the news. Wasn't sure where/when season 3 content concluded.

.la1n

Ah makes sense. I simply bought season 3 when it first was available without keeping up with the news. Wasn't sure where/when season 3 content concluded.

No worries. To be fair; communication has been pretty poor throughout season 3 so I can see why average consumers (or just those that don't hardcore follow KI on twitter, website, etc.) would have no idea these additions were not part of season 3. I think my statement above was more geared towards the assumption that people would know these things and that wasn't really fair.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Glad to hear S3 Ultra owners get Eagle for free, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Gestault

I bought the Supreme Edition when it was released. I'm wondering what characters and other stuff I'll need to buy to get the complete game.

Like the Season 1 disc/code? If so, you're basically two seasons + extras behind. The Definitive Edition is the way to go, even though you're technically grabbing some of the Season 1 stuff over-again. That's everything, including the KI 1 & 2 arcade games and Shin Hisako/Eagle/Killgore as well (unlocked shortly after Eagle's launch).

Like the Season 1 disc/code? If so, you're basically two seasons + extras behind. The Definitive Edition is the way to go, even though you're technically grabbing some of the Season 1 stuff over-again. That's everything, including the KI 1 & 2 arcade games and Shin Hisako/Eagle/Killgore as well (unlocked shortly after Eagle's launch).

No. The one that came out soon after the release of Season 3. I really don't want to buy the game again, since I had already purchased the Season 1&2 ultra pack before I bought the Supreme Edition.

tapedeck

Are they not doing anymore seasons?
No one knows.

That said, with no announcements, the large amount of characters now in the game, the MUCH lighter demand for a season 4 versus past seasons, graphically showing its age, releasing on Steam and it being close to being 4 years old now..all signs point to this being the end of the game as we know it.

I think a full sequel is the much more likely (and IMO highly preferable) scenario.

No one knows.

That said, with no announcements, the large amount of characters now in the game, the MUCH lighter demand for a season 4 versus past seasons, graphically showing its age, releasing on Steam and it being close to being 4 years old now..all signs point to this being the end of the game as we know it.

I think a full sequel is the much more likely (and IMO highly preferable) scenario.

I think it will be a while before they do a full sequel. The game might be in the final stages when it comes to content (with Shadow Lords and all the characters) but I can see them waiting for people, especially on Steam, to play for a while before they start making KI2.

tapedeck

I think it will be a while before they do a full sequel. The game might be in the final stages when it comes to content (with Shadow Lords and all the characters) but I can see them waiting for people, especially on Steam, to play for a while before they start making KI2.
I don't disagree..in fact I think it's entirely possible we don't see an all new 'KI4' till 2019...maybe as a Scorpio/NextBox cross-gen title.

derFeef

What happened to tapedeck? :(
Also damn is the Infil guide good. It's one of the best fighting game guides I have ever seen.

I have the urge to play that game now constantly, it grabbed me again! Also trying out new characters for the first time. Eyedol is so bonkers and he seems really well done mechnical wise and also the model is fantastic. It's one of the best characters in the game imo - it's a great showcase for the game.

rukizzel

Neo Member
No. The one that came out soon after the release of Season 3. I really don't want to buy the game again, since I had already purchased the Season 1&2 ultra pack before I bought the Supreme Edition.

In theory, Supreme Edition gives you a token for Ultra Editions for Season 1/2/3. With that said, Eagle should be free for you, but if you see anything wonky make a post in here and we should see it.

Also, as it stands, only the DE will be getting Shin Hisako and Kilgore free in addition to Eagle, but only time will tell if any other changes happen.

29 characters reminds me of the 59 characters in Tekken Tag 2. An odd number to end on.

Even if it isn't my desired Joanna Dark I would really love one more character just to have the roster hit 30.

derFeef

I am so bad at this game. When I am fighting Shadows it all goes to shit. I don't dare to hit online, haha. So much fun tho.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Looks like I am trapped in windows store hell.

KI update stalls downloading. Tried uninstalling KI, now the game itself won't download.

Already tried WSreset and then one of the powershell scripts to reset the windows store. KI still won't start downloading.

Looks like I am trapped in windows store hell.

KI update stalls downloading. Tried uninstalling KI, now the game itself won't download.

Already tried WSreset and then one of the powershell scripts to reset the windows store. KI still won't start downloading.

Never uninstall to try to get the latest update.

Try signing out of you account and then clear the Windows Store cache.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Never uninstall to try to get the latest update.

Try signing out of you account and then clear the Windows Store cache.

I know. I did everything else first before experimenting with uninstalling. Already signed out, checked windows update, cleared cache, etc etc.

Looks like other games and apps will install and download. KI remains glitched for now.

derFeef

I know. I did everything else first before experimenting with uninstalling. Already signed out, checked windows update, cleared cache, etc etc.

Looks like other games and apps will install and download. KI remains glitched for now.

Got the same problem but it works now, give it some time.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm gonna wait for Shin Hisako and Kilgore to go on those $1 sales before grabbing.

I've pumped well over $150AU into this game. Don't like the idea of paying another $20 for remix characters.

vg260

Somehow I lost everything. 12000 KI Gold, all my Guardians, all my astral gems, shadow points, etc.
1d1viJp.png

I hope this is a temporary issue on their end.

They said they're working on it, and nothing is lost:
Hi everyone, We're aware that people have missing data for KI gold, Shadow Lords, etc. We know what the problem is and are working on resolving it. All of your inventory is still there - nothing has been lost They're testing right now to make sure everything is working correctly, and then the fix will be pushed out across LIVE. Note that this is separate from the Eagle issues people have found -- that too is being addressed!

stn

Looking to reinstall this, its been a while. So I'm getting Eagle for free since I bought S3 ultimate? Can I buy Kilgore and the remixed Hisako and whoever else?

zoodoo

Got to try eagle today. Not a fan of his animations and mechanics. He reminds me of Maya but way less fun and polished.

vg260

Got to try eagle today. Not a fan of his animations and mechanics. He reminds me of Maya but way less fun and polished.

Check out the walkthrough on Twitch. It showed some stuff and tricks that you might not pick up. I had more fun with him after.

I do agree he looks less polished than most others. I can't get past how odd his legs look. He's got some weird knee placement.

Top Bottom