• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

LJ11

I'm still kind of shocked. They played their best game of the year and the Steelers let Chris Hogan lay a fat shit all over them and made no adjustments :)

What's the adjustment for low IQ players, or aging linebackers? Fly in a new crew at halftime?

tmdorsey

Victory Golden Monkey. In honor of doin' it.

victorygoldenmonkey.jpg

That is some good shit!

Holy shit. We're doing it!

I can't believe it. RBH, Talon, storybook, DCX and the rest of Falcons-GAF we got one more win to go!

infinitedancefosc0.gif

kn5Ei53.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I felt bad for Antonio brown when he was on the bench. The guy is an absolute beast he had a solid not great game by his standards... Still hes being made a scapegoat by the media for that game. He made a stupid mistake but it was a non factor.

harSon

Banned
"Le'Veon Bell said he's been battling a groin issue for a while but didn't say anything. Flared up tonight."

Bell trying to make us lose a draft pick.

What's the adjustment for low IQ players, or aging linebackers? Fly in a new crew at halftime?

Preach.

Half of the secondary were rookies and spot starters, and William Gay is on his last legs. Brady exposed an immature unit. No pass rush didn't help matters. Deebo looked every one of his 38 years tonight.

I felt bad for Antonio brown when he was on the bench. The guy is an absolute beast he had a solid not great game by his standards... Still hes being made a scapegoat by the media for that game. He made a stupid mistake but it was a non factor.

That's the worst part about this loss. All week the talking heads are going to crow about a locker room video when the team just didn't execute.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
There's something hilarious about seeing Kraft slumped against the wall behind Tom Curran

LJ11

They played way too much zone..so easy for Brady. If he has time it's over.

Dude, they can't play man. Cockrell is an off man corner, you don't want him following guys around. When they played some man in the 2nd half Gay just let Hogan go. Pats would just start picking them off anyway in man. Steelers had Harrison drop too much. Timmons in man coverage isn't what you want, even if it's some sort of banjo tech you guys would find ways to isolate the inside receiver on him.

Steelers spot dropped too much, and they played too much base D, I'll give you that. They could have played some man match, match up zones, but it's clear as day they didn't want their defenders isolated. No pass rush as well. Early in the game they were playing split safety coverage against your 4/5 Wide Sets, they got roasted, tried to get the safety closer to the line and they still had issues. How man issues did they have in the flat/seam tonight, a ton, just abused the flat/seam defender all night.

Preach.

Half of the secondary were rookies and spot starters, and William Gay is on his last legs. Brady exposed an immature unit. No pass rush didn't help matters. Deebo looked every one of his 38 years tonight.

Yeah, they kept it simple on the back end, just spot dropping, and they still had issues.

Just remembered that my first season in Madden 17 was Steelers vs Falcons. That would have been really weird to predict that five months before. 50% is still pretty good.

tmdorsey

Dude, they can't play man. Cockrell is an off man corner, you don't want him following guys around. When they played some man in the 2nd half Gay just let Hogan go. Pats would just start picking them off anyway in man. Steelers had Harrison drop too much. Timmons in man coverage isn't what you want, even if it's some sort of banjo tech you guys would find ways to isolate the inside receiver on him.

Steelers spot dropped too much, and they played too much base D, I'll give you that. They could have played some man match, match up zones, but it's clear as day they didn't want their defenders isolated. No pass rush as well. Early in the game they were playing split safety coverage against your 4/5 Wide Sets, they got roasted, tried to get the safety closer to the line and they still had issues. How man issues did they have in the flat/seam tonight, a ton, just abused the flat/seam defender all night.

Yeah, they kept it simple on the back end, just spot dropping, and they still had issues.

What's your early impressions of the SB matchup?

Top Bottom