• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

NH Apache

Banned
No one cares what certain states did. People care what individuals did. Brady and the cheat both came out publicly for a racist monster.

2016-Electoral-Map-Results-232-306-670x388.jpg

Look at New England breh. I'm sure you can find it on the map, right?

Tom Penny

Best part about last night's game was I thought I saw a commercial for a movie were whitey Matt Damon was saving China from things..

brentech

While the offense made a lot of mistakes and turned the ball over in the redzone, an interesting tidbit.
Aaron Rodgers has 3 playoff losses where his defense allowed 44+ points.

Tom Brady's defenses have NEVER allowed 44 points in his 267 starts

On a different note, I remember the day after the election, a bunch of patriots fans basically renounced the Pats. That lasted all of like, 3 days.

Dosia

While the offense made a lot of mistakes and turned the ball over in the redzone, an interesting tidbit.

On a different note, I remember the day after the election, a bunch of patriots fans basically renounced the Pats. That lasted all of like, 3 days.

Once Bill and Brady retire those fans will find a new team.

NH Apache

Banned
"Here's why I'm not dumb, the team I bought a jersey for is in the playoffs still! Shows what you guys know."

Them coming out publicly for him did not sway the fanbase to vote for the dude, which was what I was showing.

But surely you wanted to engage in rational discourse as evident in your derogatory responses. And yeah, I just ordered another SB jersey to go with my collection. How's your SB jersey collection?

glhf

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah this whole defense debacle falls squarely on TT and Capers. I know TT is still pretty popular and this is probably the loss talking but now my hot take is that both of those guys probably need to go - especially Capers. I like McCarthy after seeing the offense finding its way the second half of the season...kinda thought he wasn't helping Rodgers at all when I wanted him fired.

It's been the same shit and different season for six years with a HOF quarterback and one Super Bowl appearance in 2010 while the Patriots are going to their 7th Super Bowl with theirs (who also draft at the bottom of the first round every year and play in a weak division).

Just feels like we're squandering a HOF QB again! And it's feeling insanity to just keep doing the same thing every year with the same guys and have the same result.

Sephzilla

Cross posting with the offseason thread.

So, after letting it sink in a bit I have kind of my big final Packers rant. In short, I kind of feel like the Packers need a culture change if they want to reach the Super Bowl again. The reason I feel there needs to be a culture change with the Packers is because there's just too much complacency. Everyone seems perfectly fine with winning the division and making a playoff run, only to run out of gas before reaching the Super Bowl. At the end of the season everyone pats the Packers on the back and says "Good season, you guys overcame a lot just to make it this far" and completely ignore that all of the obstacles the Packers overcame were of their own creation (especially this season in particular). This complacency is why we've stuck with Dom Capers as defensive coordinator way past his expiration date. There's no external pressure on this team and the end result is complacency and the potential squandering of Aaron Rodgers' prime.

I don't want to really jumpstart the #FireMcCarthy wagon again because I actually liked a lot of his coaching in the second half of the season. However, to borrow a line from McCarthy himself, we need to face some facts. McCarthy is not a big game coach. He's 1-3 in NFC Championship games for his career and he's 1-8-1 in games that go into overtime (his last OT win was in 2007, I believe). And he's had two hall of fame quarterbacks for his entire head coaching career and has only one Super Bowl appearance to show for it. The loss to Atlanta honestly isn't on McCarthy like the Seattle loss from 2014 was, but it's another instance of the Packers not showing up for a big game and I feel that is a reflection of coaching. The two people in the Packers' front office that I feel do need to go are Ted Thomspon and Dom Capers. The defense that showed up in Atlanta is mostly on Thompson's hands. Most of his defensive draft picks have not panned out in recent years and since Thompson pretty much shuns the free agent market that means our defense has no depth to it what so ever which results in us starting defensive backs so bad that they'd get scorched by college level offenses. And while I can't blame too much on Dom Capers this year because of all the injuries the defense sustained, Capers himself is simply past his expiration date as a defensive coordinator - even when healthy his defenses have not been good in recent years and his secondary strategies have been legitimately awful pretty much since their last Super Bowl appearance.

Thompson and Capers have to go, the Packers need a shake up and a kick in the ass.

Hindl

Chris Hogan and Julio Jones had the same stats yesterday

I was amazed at the Steelers defense. Soft zone coverage + complete lack of pass rush is the worst way to play the Pats. Brady just sits comfortably in the pocket and rips you apart. You think they'd figure it out by now

MechDX

Them coming out publicly for him did not sway the fanbase to vote for the dude, which was what I was showing.

But surely you wanted to engage in rational discourse as evident in your derogatory responses. And yeah, I just ordered another SB jersey to go with my collection. How's your SB jersey collection?

glhf

Well how many Eli Manning Jersey's does AT need to own?

giphy.gif

Still can't believe Steelers didn't do that much better than Brock Incorporated.

Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanTPendergast 10h10 hours ago
More
According to @PFF, Tom Brady when blitzed tonight:

6-6, 108 yards, 1 TD, 158.3 passer rating

Brady was like a 68% completion percent vs the Texans blitz. Steelers dont have freaks like Clowney and Mercilus rushing rushing up the middle.

When determining who to root for (or how to justify hate) based on American politics, good reminder that there are basically two major Democratic donors of NFL owners... Bob Kraft (Top Democratic donor in the NFL) and Arthur Blank (#2 Democratic donor in the NFL). Nearly all of the rest are Republicans, with of course, Super Bowl host Bob McNair being the top Republican donor.

Duxxy3

When determining who to root for (or how to justify hate) based on American politics, good reminder that there are basically two major Democratic donors of NFL owners... Bob Kraft (Top Democratic donor in the NFL) and Arthur Blank (#2 Democratic donor in the NFL). Nearly all of the rest are Republicans, with of course, Super Bowl host Bob McNair being the top Republican donor.

Trump is secretly a democrat.

Don't tell anybody.

Tom Penny

giphy.gif

Brady was like a 68% completion percent vs the Texans blitz. Steelers dont have freaks like Clowney and Mercilus rushing rushing up the middle.
Steelers only blitzed 6 times and played zone. Jordanlaughing.gif

Some food for thought: Belichick's defenses were never very good against Mike Shannahan's offenses. The Broncos uses to dominate the Pats when Shannahan was around.

The Falcons have a chance but they have to play mistake free.

BigAT

giphy.gif

Maybe I should actually be buying Brady jerseys since he didn't show up twice and gifted the Giants two Super Bowls? I don't know how these things work, I didn't know buying Super Bowl jerseys was even a thing.

Top Bottom