• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Well the high rez artwork featured on all of those is available for other systems, but it's very consistent across the board with logo placement. The ESRB, Nintendo Network and the Ubisoft logo, that too that they're all Ubisoft games.

They're Amazon CompressedTM too so can't see any 'shop points.

Real? I dunno.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I like the yellow. It's a good, unique color for a border to separate the top with the bottom.

boiled goose

good with gravy
On the plus side:
They look very different from the Wii cases and branding.

On the down side:
They look absolutely hideous.

97328cd5_mr_horse.jpg
This

CronoShot

Yellow should be white or just not there at all.

Other than that, I like it. Nice GCN throwback.

I'm just glad it's not an exact clone of the Wii boxes with a U added. That would be really lame.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My word that yellow is gross.

zroid

Banned
I really, really, really wish the cliche of comparing video game products to Fisher Price would stop.

Boss Man

The yellow is bad.

If that was white instead, I'd dig it. Nice and simple. Gamecube throwback is cool too.

Ken

It's weird seeing the Assassin Creed guy about to slam his axe thing into the head of some other guy with the friendly Wii logo looming above.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
:lol Look at that avengers box. Spidey swingin from the clouds again.

It doesn't really match with the AC or avengers box. Works fine for just dance though. The colors don't work. Maybe all it needs is a drop shadow like the GC boxes...

-GJ-

The blue/yellow combination looks cheap as fuck. Nintendo should stick with a white banner for the logo.

Iceblade

Orange would have been more preferable to yellow, given the whole eShop colour theme which is now neatly integrating itself into Nintendo's colour palette. Other than that, I like the design!

doesn't look great, doesn't look terrible. it works.

i wonder if the box itself will be blue? i was assuming that nintendo would stick with the white aesthetic, but you'd think they'd want to keep the branding consistent + make it immediately distinguishable from a wii game box.

Top Bottom