• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMobile Tuesdays |OT| Get your Free Shit !

Shady859

EDIT: mevermind someone already sent you one
-----------------------------------------------

quote to reveal pizza code
> <
I don't even feel like heading back out. Pizza for lunch was enough lol.

Biske

So I dunno if its good any more, but I have a pizza code if someone wants it. Should I just put it out there? How do you do the hidden quote code thing?

Ah figured it out I think?

Dominos

Lyft

Anustart

Are you sure about that? SD is claiming otherwise

Perhaps I'm mistaken. It was just something I had heard from the directors in my building. It was due to the 100 per store thing, so perhaps we're bailing early on it, or my ears were incorrect :3

geomon

If it's free pizza every tuesday, I'm going to die from heart disease.

Dominoes won't take my pizza code. Just says invalid. :(

The best thing to do, the earliest you can on Tuesday, redeem the code and when you order your pizza, set the time for later and pick it up then.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It does. The error message I got at my local locations said the 100 limit had been reached.

Oh, see my error just said straight up the code was invalid. No matter if I copy pasted it or clicked the link to go directly to Dominos.

I've been on a serious diet and workout plan. But free pizza I could not resist. Didn't even know I had a domino's down the street. Free pizza never tasted so good!

Biske

Oh, see my error just said straight up the code was invalid. No matter if I copy pasted it or clicked the link to go directly to Dominos.

Though in talking with and reading messages from people and tmobile folks on twitter, it seems the whole "already reached the 100 limit" thing might itself be an inaccurate error at times. So who knows.

I had to search like 20 stores yesterday until I found one that wasn't already at 100. Employee said the manager can actually set the counter or set the system to not accept the online coupon for his store. I'd appreciate if it gave a different message than it's already at 100 though.

Biske

Last week when I went in and got my pizza every person in the building was giving me the "I want to stab you" eyes so I assume they hate this promotion.

Ixian

Last week when I went in and got my pizza every person in the building was giving me the "I want to stab you" eyes so I assume they hate this promotion.
Haha yeah, they were swamped at my local Domino's last week and we even went in on the later end (around 8 PM). Yesterday was pretty chill though, we made sure to tip them as well.

FinKL

Yea, don't think I'll ever get free pizza unless it's in the morning, the limit coupon uses can be any number I believe.

Nola

Looks like Domino's fixed the coupon code so you can only use it on Tuesday. Last week, one of my friends was able to redeem her code on the app on Tuesday, then place her order on Wednesday. Womp womp!

Also, this was totally me yesterday:

giphy.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn it. My Domino's is never busy and especially wasn't these last two Tuesdays.

I imagine ones in major metropolitan areas got destroyed, though.

Priz

Yeah just saw this, lame asses.

It happens. Remember the KFC story - http://www.npr.org/2016/02/25/468149473/fast-food-wars-the-unseen-battle-in-franchise-businesses

STARR: KFCs across the country ran out of chicken. Ric Rozier owns five KFCs in Connecticut and New York. He didn't run out of chicken, but he says it was a nightmare.

RIC ROZIER: A lot of people came in thinking that, well, Oprah's buying this for us, isn't she? I said, no, we're paying for this.

STARR: When he says we, he means the individual store owners, the franchisees, not the KFC corporation. Almost every KFC is owned by a person, someone like Ric Rozier who pays the rent, buys the food, hires the staff. And giving the product away cuts into his profits. That's not the case for corporate headquarters because Rozier pays them a portion of his sales. So if he sells more drinks as he gives away free food, headquarters will still make money. Rozier says he will never again do an Oprah-style promotion.

ROZIER: That's not an option. I'd just leave it at that. It's not an option (laughter).

Cptkrush

Man, what a nightmare for Dominos. My local store was fucking slammed yesterday, I can definitely see why they would do this. Still real bummed, they should do one a month or something.

Got my free pizza, week 2, no problems. Sad to see it on hold for now.

Didn't bother with the frosty (Wendy's on the other side of the city) or the Lyft ride (didn't need).

Nola

:'(

Corporate really doesn't foot the bill (or at least part of it) on these sorts of things??? I feel bad now that the franchisees have to take the hit. Oh well, #RIPFreePizza

gutshot

Certainly the rush couldn't have been worse than the no-hitter promotion last year? Weird they would cancel it, especially since they only had one more day left.

Certainly the rush couldn't have been worse than the no-hitter promotion last year? Weird they would cancel it, especially since they only had one more day left.

You have no idea how bad it was.. nearly every store in our 40 store franchise ran out of medium dough last week. Domino's corporate never notified us of the deal until the start day. Our commissary trucks are twice a week so there was no extra dough anywhere. Tuesday this week was even worse - so many people now knew about the deal that we reached our limit very quickly, but the shitty system Domino's uses to track the deal only updates on the hour. So if you have 95 redeemed T-Mobile coupons at 6:59, once the clock rolls past the 7:00 update the store will accept an unlimited number of coupons until 8pm check. Combined with the fact that the deal is online only and we had a ton of apparently illiterate customers come into the store and try to redeem in person only to get angry and argue over the fact that its online only.

As for the reimbursement part of the deal - T-Mobile paid out a per pizza cost per coupon redeemed. No allotment for labor. So general managers were forced to decide between blowing their labor %(and potential bonus in my franchise's case) or just letting the crew get fucked. We got fucked and it was terrible.

Was expecting this, my local Dominos was SLAMMED. Hoping for some good stuff in July, because the Lyft code does nothing for me

mackattk

That sucks.. was really enjoying my free lunches at work. Was great to pick up a pizza tuesday, eat half tuesday and other half wednesday.

They need to limit it to 1 Pizza per account like they do the stock and have it only on the main line. Then have it roll around maybe once a month instead of every Tuesday.

You have no idea how bad it was.. nearly every store in our 40 store franchise ran out of medium dough last week. Domino's corporate never notified us of the deal until the start day. Our commissary trucks are twice a week so there was no extra dough anywhere. Tuesday this week was even worse - so many people now knew about the deal that we reached our limit very quickly, but the shitty system Domino's uses to track the deal only updates on the hour. So if you have 95 redeemed T-Mobile coupons at 6:59, once the clock rolls past the 7:00 update the store will accept an unlimited number of coupons until 8pm check. Combined with the fact that the deal is online only and we had a ton of apparently illiterate customers come into the store and try to redeem in person only to get angry and argue over the fact that its online only.

As for the reimbursement part of the deal - T-Mobile paid out a per pizza cost per coupon redeemed. No allotment for labor. So general managers were forced to decide between blowing their labor %(and potential bonus in my franchise's case) or just letting the crew get fucked. We got fucked and it was terrible.

You guys don't make fresh dough?

Shady859

Just saw this news oh boohoo they used our promotion and were reminded Dominos is actually yummy. 100 extra TAKEOUT pizzas isn't huge if you know it's coming ahead of time. Just bring in an extra inside employee or two for the afternoon rush and business as usual once the 100 is done. Drivers lose a tip or two but honestly most people ordering freebies wouldn't have been ordering anyway and the freebies could create actual paying orders.

Edit: after reading Pete's post sounds like Dominos brass just screwed up every aspect of the deal.

Top Bottom