• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Testing Custom Gamer Pictures, Rolling Out to Select Insiders Soon

Defect

9iZFqSk.jpg

AlStrong

This would be a cool feature if it worked directly with games that had custom characters (e.g. Halo MP, Gears MP, Mass Effect ).

Just played around with this via the Xbox (beta) app on Windows 10! I like the idea, but I'm curious as to how photos are being "verified". I updated my Gamerpic to a picture of Mario and it seemed to get applied almost instantly.

Akai__

People act like MS won't do anything against inappropiate pics. People already have been banned and some of them lost the ability to use a Custom Pictures even.

When it comes to stuff like this, MS is really great. When I report rage messages, it doesn't take a full day for me to get a message from Xbox saying that somebody I reported was banned. This won't change here.

RoKKeR

I'm trying to download the Xbox Beta app on my Surface 3.... now I understand why people hate the store so much. How can it be so bad?? Stuck on Pending, slow download, stuck on Downloading, etc etc.

Falchion

Not on the Android app yet so I'm going to change it as soon as I get home. Can't wait for this, I've been waiting forever.

herod

Steam only has custom avatars and I can't recall ever seeing a dick for an avatar.
You occasionally see NSFW avatars but it's not as common as you think it would be.
Prepare to see the difference between the PC and console userbase laid bare

Zedox

I'm in here to talk about how attractive Zedox is.

damn son

Hahaha, thx. It's how I got my wife. ;)

Note:
This is for the Xbox (beta) app on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile through the Windows Store. It's pretty straightforward process (I still don't get the errors others do with Windows Store...I feel sorry for those that do...probably because of a clean install)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Didnt they previously allow this? But it had to be done via the xbox camera when it first xane out?

I'm so conflicted, I could have some fun with a custom gamerpic but I don't want to lose my laughably low-res, microscopic Mister Chief gamerpic from the 360 days...

Doesn't PSN already have this? I'm sure my is still John Cena looking confused.

If the custom pic is only visible to friends then I don't see it being a problem

Top Bottom