• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Testing Custom Gamer Pictures, Rolling Out to Select Insiders Soon

You have, specifically, the "Xbox Beta App" right?
Idk I just click the xbox button. Never used it on my PC. Im in the preview program

edit: Downloading it now. Hope I get to use it this one of my most requested features

edit2: Ohhh now its working. How long it take to verify?

edit3: It verified

Falchion

Idk I just click the xbox button. Never used it on my PC. Im in the preview program

edit: Downloading it now. Hope I get to use it this one of my most requested features

edit2: Ohhh now its working. How long it take to verify?

edit3: It verified

The Xbox app won't work, go to the Windows store and search for Xbox and install the beta one.

Trup1aya

Much larger social networks allow custom pics without having dick pic problems... surely Xbox live has figured it out by now.

Nori Chan

sbJbuWw.png

MS killing the game

sangreal

Some ace choices for gamerpics here. Would anyone else like to see more customisation with this, the profile background itself is a bit dull imho, just basic colours, for those who own or participate Xbox clubs you may know what I mean.

Example, the guy with the Tron Legacy pic , be nice to be able to have the Tron cycles or a Tron wallpaper as a background. I have actually been pushing for this sort of stuff in the preview programme for a couple of years but never seemed to get much response.

I know these things are not a big deal but I always feel little options like this make the experience better overall. It's there for those that like that stuff.

do you have a uservoice post? I'd vote for that

theDeeDubs

Really happy about them adding this. I always hoped they would copy Sony's Facebook linking for profile images but this will do. Will gladly replace my Xbox avatar pic with one of me and the kiddo :).

SGi8YMA.png

RoKKeR

So here's a question: If you upload a new pic, does it save the old one so you can go back to it whenever you please? Or do you have to do a fresh upload every time around?

Orca

Hmm - made a bunch, but not sure which to go with. People on my friends list must think I'm nuts, changing it constantly tonight.

comp23uig.png

Syrus

Banned
l2qngbk.png

In windows how the hell do you zoom in on the picture??

It said scroll to zoom but my mouse wheel didnt zoom. What button on keyboard zooms

MaulerX

I think that if the resolution isn't high enough you can't zoom in, happened with one of my pictures as well. A bar appears under the picture if you can zoom and you can zoom in using the bar or your mouse wheel:

That's pretty much it. Needs to be a high enough resolution so that when you zoom in it doesn't look crappy on the big screen.

GTSweet

Neo Member
Like their is a transparency option?

Oh you mean the picture itself was made that way?

Yes, it's premade that way.

You can either use transparent background in .png format or can match your Xbox background color at the moment. No transparency sliders or anything atm.

MarveI

Question. Will this change my ''profile picture'' I made ? I mean I had made one through xbox avatar app and bought the Bruce Lee outfit when you go to profile you see an animated nunchucks moving and has the Bruce Lee outfit which I love so much.

Tried to make a gif of it hoping it would be a bit more clear what I mean:
00dRKpT.gif

When I go my profile on xbox one the above animated pic pops up.

When I go to xbox.com and click on my profile the below pic pops up.

458Aqgz.png

I actually want to use a custom pic and would love if it only replaces the second ''still'' profile picture. I don't know why on xbox one my profile an animated different pic pops up and under my profile xbox.com another.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Updated mine, I hope they sort out the transparency everywhere because some places it shows black.

I wish I could do a custom BG colour, not just the ones they allow.

There is a way of doing it but you could be banned. Would be great if MS do offer more colors and custom options.

Guess I dont have it. I dont see any options on Windows 10 or the app

It's the beta version of the App you need.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/xbox-beta/9nblggh1j27h

Top Bottom