• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Rumor: Battlefield 4 details leak from EA China [Up: Seemingly Real]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Was that a real rumor?

That's in the same forum post, yeah. I checked that one with duckroll.

They haven't announced the details of End Game yet either, so if it's true, the person who made that post definitely knew something.

It specifically says it's an air mode that's equivalent to Armored Kill.

demolitio

They haven't announced the details of End Game yet either, so if it's true, the person who made that post definitely knew something.

End Game does have the F-15 in it so that's a good possibility and really makes sense since given the past.

I always thought End Game would introduce the idea of WWIII actually starting so it leads up to BF4 and the Chinese.

Well, worst case, it will be obvious if when they announce End Game it features a plane battle mode.

heart-attacks_0.jpg

wutwutwut

Given the amount of misogyny in venues like Xbox Live, I'm interested in seeing how the presence of female characters will play out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The details of End Game don't seem to match up: http://mp1st.com/2012/12/19/battlef...-flag-returns-new-vehicles-and-other-details/

mp1st said:
Battlefield 3: End Game delivers some of the most high-speed warfare to date across four vast maps. Race through enemy lines using the new dirt bike, bringing speed and agility to the Battlefield, or fight back aerial assaults with new lightweight AA vehicles. Coordinate lightning fast attacks and defenses in the return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode. In the skies, the new dropship introduces the ability to turn the tide with rapid deployment air drops of troop transports.

Key Features:

Four new maps designed for high speed combat and action
Three new vehicles including the fast and agile dirt bikes
New dropship provides support to ground troops with vehicle drop capabilities
Return of the classic Capture The Flag game mode
No air mode like Armored Kill.

Lakitu

st5fu
Maybe they'll reveal it at a later date. I don't think we heard about Tank Superiority until a few weeks after Armored Kill's reveal.

DTKT

Air mode for BF3 would be terrible. Jets are slow, it's impossible to shake people off your tail, flares and ECM don't work half of the time.

Dont want.

Salmon

Have I told you guys, that the single player mode plays mostly over water. The whole game will begin in Chinese waters, and end up in the US? This means both huge aerial and naval battles. Heard this months ago when DICE showed mostly concept art and a preredered movie from BF4. No more words on the multiplayer though.

All I wanted to see.

For the new consoles that will be a massive selling point.

Dont forget 60 FPS

I was thinking Battlefield 3 gets re-released on next gen consoles bundled with all the DLC, and with some huge patch to upgrade everything to next gen level. I'm still playing the crap out of the game, and would fall in love with it all over again if they gave us PC level gaming.

I'd much rather see a 2143 or BC3 before another main series sequel

Lakitu

st5fu
What are the chances they'd introduce two new modes in one expansion, though? Thus far they've only had one per.

That's true. I suck at jets though so it doesn't matter to me :p

The original rumour did say that air superiority would be in aswell as remakes of older maps, going by those details the latter at least seems to be false.

I've been thinking of BF 4 lately and Operation Metro. Operation Metro is definitely the most popular map, do we think we'll see an updated/remade/reskinned version for BF 4?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
lol, no. Stop sucking :p

This really bums me out :(
I can kind of see why they went in that direction. I don't think anyone except elite pilots would even stand a chance in such a mode. It would be literally unplayable for the vast majority of the server population because they would be eaten alive by the aces.

I can kind of see why they went in that direction. I don't think anyone except elite pilots would even stand a chance in such a mode. It would be literally unplayable for the vast majority of the server population because they would be eaten alive by the aces.

Not sure about consoles, but there's plenty of noob only servers already. Even one dedicated to flying -.-

sp3000

Maybe they'll reveal it at a later date. I don't think we heard about Tank Superiority until a few weeks after Armored Kill's reveal.

They will not because they already revealed the new game mode as CTF

There is no Air mode, so it's better if people finally realize that the entire rumor is a load of garbage

Top Bottom