• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Rumor: Battlefield 4 details leak from EA China [Up: Seemingly Real]

def sim

Why? FB2 isn't CPU limited and they can always run at 720p. I can easily maintain 60fps at 720p on one 5850, and next gen consoles will have GPUs in the same ballpark of performance.

It's not so much that I don't think the rumored specs can pull it off, as you said they can always scale it down, it's just that it doesn't really fit the console "protocol." I'm sure the majority of people who will buy BF4 would rather have 1080/30 than 720/60. Hitting native resolution will be a significant jump for the console audience.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure what this implies since they have Mass Effect 3 right?

You'd think they [devs] would have targeted Wiiu too. Didn't folks suggest that games would be entry level for the wiiu in relation to PS4/X3?

If it's not even getting one of the biggest games from last year.. smh. Maybe later down the lane.

EA didn't even bother releasing the Mass Effect Trilogy to Wii U, while they released it everywhere else. So that's why not seeing BF4 on Wii U wouldn't be surprising.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's not so much that I don't think the rumored specs can pull it off, as you said they can always scale it down, it's just that it doesn't really fit the console "protocol." I'm sure the majority of people who will buy BF4 would rather have 1080/30 than 720/60. Hitting native resolution will be a significant jump for the console audience.
CoD is more popular than BF3 on the consoles, so who knows for sure? Activision is too afraid to change up the formula by going to 30fps on the consoles so we'll never know if that audience cares.

Dabanton

Too... much ... next-gen rumors

What the..

Anth0ny

So I'm guessing next gen versions will be out about a month later?

they wouldn't launch new consoles outside of November, right?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What's the gif? Can't see it, but i guess i should be glad.

- Racist / Bigoted humour or language. As per the Terms of Service, "you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense." This includes racial or bigoted humour. We do not allow any slurs--including middle school language like "That's so gay!". This also includes racist comedy images, for example "Shoop da Woop" or "Stole My Bike". It also includes misogynistic, sexist, homophobic, or anti-transgendered remarks, jokes, or memes. Although we do allow some humour that offends, it's easily possible to cross the line and people are banned for particularly cruel and insensitive remarks all the time ("rape time" is one example--and I know the "nicole bass" meme was a big thing years ago, and no shortage of people have been banned in threads commenting on natural disasters).

"Shoop da Woop".gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I wonder how they are going to price the game for next-gen

This year might be a huge clusterfuck in prices

Most Pre-Black Friday games got slashed hella bad

So say BF4

PS3, 360, PC (Origin Speaking) = $59.99, most likely first print will be that magical "Limited Edition"
Then when Black Friday rolls around, price drops to $24.99-$34.99

Now what happens to the Orbis and Durango editions?

Do they go for the new "$69.99" price tag, stay with the definitive "$59.99" starter fee, or allow Retailers to do the Wii-U sale thing of 2 titles for like $80-$100

So when Orbis and Durango drops

fritolay

Reiko - Awesome update that seems to now be true!

Will XBOX 360 and next gen XBOX players be able to play together on Live? I hope they can if next gen system folks drop the game down to 32 player maps

deadlast

Will XBOX 360 and next gen XBOX players be able to play together on Live? I hope they can if next gen system folks drop the game down to 32 player maps
That sounds doable. 32 player game modes available to all and 64 player game modes available to only next box players

Reiko

Banned

That would be cool if possible.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
60fps and 64 players would make this an absolutely killer next gen launch title, especially if it looks as good as BF3 did with higher settings.

JWong

Banned
If you apply how EA works, that part is probably a horrible explanation of pre-production versus production.

1 year production cycle is realistic, if that's what he means.
Pre-production probably started a couple months before BF3 was even out, then there would be a half year alpha and beta, maybe a bit longer beta for online.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Eaiser to take care of CoD kiddies."

here DICE:

"*video*

Press Right on the goddamn D-pad (whatever on PC), you fucking morons."

BOOM, solved.

Also auto-login/online must be connected to play: DO NOT WANT. I understand that for multiplayer, but singleplayer? Ugh.

But if they're FINALLY giving Commander and Theater mode back, great. Those being off BF3 was a SORELY missed opportunity.

Sean

Banned
60fps and 64 players would make this an absolutely killer next gen launch title, especially if it looks as good as BF3 did with higher settings.

Activison needs to be super careful during this console transition. If they release a half-ass current gen port of CoD while EA/DICE goes all out with a killer next-gen Battlefield, that could spell trouble.

TCRS

Banned
WHY NO MEC? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

and why no europeans? Can't take this Abrams and T-90 shit anymore. I want to drive Leopard and Tiger and Challenger and old russian tanks for the MEC.

RoKKeR

^^^ Hopefully we get some info on time frames for upcoming releases. They'll probably mention next gen. Fiscal calls are always interesting.

Activison needs to be super careful during this console transition. If they release a half-ass current gen port of CoD while EA/DICE goes all out with a killer next-gen Battlefield, that could spell trouble.

Agreed. If DICE really brings it right at the start of this next console gen then they could really get some ground on CoD.

I'm actually pretty hyped for a next-gen battlefield. I'll happily make my first 2 next-gen console games BF4 (to fulfill having an online game I can play for a while) and whatever other first party title will be there.

TCRS

Banned
They also have to nerf the shit out of tanks or all vehicles generally. it was ridiculously easy after I unlocked all of that stuff. I know play without them, otherwise driving a tank poses no challenge at all.

i can't be the only glad china's back because they had the best BF2 theme right?

I have fond memories of playing the China faction. I can't remember what it translated to or the actual spelling, but I have to say (phonetically) "QUENCHING MY DOBA" whenever I play BF3.

Is it plausible that it'll get a Game Informer cover reveal? BF 3 did.

Could be.

Now that I think of it, Game Informer now does their cover unveils on the first Tuesday of the month. So they'll have something next Tuesday that could be nextgen if its Battlefield. Or maybe Dragon Age 3, since there are the hints that they're prepping marketing materials. And then CD Projekt is likely unveiling The Witcher 3 next Tuesday as well.

Makes me wonder if some of the floodgates on nextgen projects are going to finally open up a little.

Dreaver

If this is like BF3 with higher settings + 64 players online + 60 fps it will be godly, holy shit.
What if the Xbox launch line-up would be like: Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Watch_Dogs, Star Wars 1313, Destiny some third-party games and perhaps even Alan Wake 2? I'll die...

By the way, doesn't Microsoft has something like a 22 player cap restriction for online games right now?

Top Bottom