• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Germany: All three Sonic games are coming this year

serplux

So, apparently all three Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games are coming this year. From a Nintendo of Germany PR:

"Today, they (Sega) revealed further details of the second of three titles, which the two companies will release exclusively on Wii U and 3DS. All three games will be released this year."

Untranslated:

Heute enthüllten sie weitere Details zum zweiten von insgesamt drei Titeln, die die beiden Videospielunternehmen exklusiv für Wii U und Nintendo 3DS herausbringen werden. Alle drei Spiele erscheinen noch in diesem Jahr.

Heyt

Banned
If the revealed Lost World, as awesome as it looks before E3 and they are keeping the 3rd one as a surprise it really has to be interesting.

NotLiquid

Wonder why they'd reveal Lost World before this supposed third game assuming it's a smaller title. Guessing they're referring to the FY though. There's just going to be too much this second half of the year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
All three for this year seems...too much. If it's for Wii U like the other two, it'd be much better to save it for 2014. And, IIRC, Mario & Sonic is for 2014 indeed.

Tuck

Wouldn't that kill of Segas All Star Racing that came out for a couple of months ago? I really hope it's a platformer rather than racing

Oh me as well. But would they release two platformers at once? There was that tweet a while back from the dev of Sonic All Stars Racing that implied a cross over.

...They aren't counting the 3DS Sonic game as its own entity, right? Like, thats not the third game...? EDIT No sounds like the 3DS game is not counted as the third game. Good.

Taker666

Wut?! Mario & Sonic Kart Transformed might be real?

I hope not...unless it's in addition to a real Mario Kart.

a)It would damage sales in Japan (they won't Sonic in their Mario Kart in Japan)

b) I don't want Sonic's shitty friends stinking up Mario Kart .

I'd much rather Smash Bros Racing (featuring Sonic)..or Sega vs Nintendo Racing...than a Sonic vs Mario Kart game.

..they can sell Sonic and his shitty friends DLC for Mario Kart if they like..just not include it in the main game.

daakusedo

Would sega & sonic racing even count as a sonic game? Or if we speculate about that mario kart x sonic that would maybe be without all other sega characters? Because that would end up in nintendo x sega if things were balanced and I don't see this just relegated to a "sonic game". Frankly I have no idea what it can be, if it's wasn't revealed is it because it's potentially bigger than sonic lost world or they just choose to have the more interesting announcement out to warm up until e3 direct?

javac

Sonic games usually sell really well right? I wonder if the sonic crowd are willing to buy a Wii U.

DaBoss

They could be talking about the fiscal year.

They would have stated as such then wouldn't they? I've read this before a few days ago or something and it definitely does not seem like they are saying this fiscal year.

- Lost Worlds Wii U
- Lost Worlds 3DS
- Olympics

The translation refers to Sonic Lost World Wii U and 3DS as the second of the three titles.

Somnid

If they did do Sonic x Mario Kart would that count as the confirmed Mario Kart and be developed by NCL? Or would it be Sumo/Sega developed leaving the Mario Kart team to make another game? Or would they try and do both?

Did a quick and dirty translation:

Sonic Lost World:The fast Hedgehog against the terrible Six

News regarding the upcoming Jump & Run-Highlight for WiiU and Nintendo 3DS

This year, in Sonic Lost World, the titular hero Sonic encounters his strongest enemy yet
Sonic has to take on six at once in this action laden Jump & Run.
SEGA and Nintendo already announced details about their worldwide partnership in the latest edition of Nintendo Direct on march 17th.
Today they unveil more details on the second of three titles, who the two companies will release exclusively for WiiU and Nintendo 3DS.
All three games will be released this year.

The story of Sonic Lost World: To gain world dominance, Dr. Eggman wants to use the power of six powerful creatures. But the terrible Six rise up against their master and the evil scientist has no choice but to work together with his arch-nemesis Sonic.
Only together can they defeat the horrifying enemies. Sonic relies on some completely new running abilities and colour-energies. He runs, jumps and races through a multitude of new worlds, to hit back at the terrible Six.

On Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Sonic Lost World will be released with a fast paced single player mode and an intense range of multiplayer modes. Each version surprises with unique functionalities, which make the best use of each consoles Features.
With the Wii U Gamepad players can activate exclusive colour-energies, by pulling the controller, tilt it or interact with the touchscreen.
The whole game can be played on the screen of the Gamepad away from the TV. It also offers a coop mode that lets one player support another.
Sonic Lost World for Nintendo 3DS is the first completely 3D Sonic handheld title that allows fans of the blue hedgehog to experience the game in complete 3D worlds.
The Nintendo 3DS version features exclusive bonus stages and colour-energies.

The rest is irrelevant.

That kind of sucks I was hoping that the 3rd game would be a more traditional platforming game either a 2D game that was a crossover between Mario and Sonic or a 3D game that had Sonic parts (think Sonic Adventure without the glitches) and Mario parts (Super Mario 64 style). But I guess my dream is too ambitious.

Broach

Banned
Mario Kart X Sonic Racing.

Dunno why everyone is assuming this. Sumo's cryptic tewwts don't mean much. He dreams about lots of stuff when you look the Sega forums.

Also seriously, I'm sure many many people just don't want Sonic in their Mario.

GamerJM

Banned
I've still got my money on the third game being something unremarkable. Like, another spin-off, or Sonic 4 Episode 3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That 3rd game must be something not many people are expecting if they're keeping it a secret.

It would have been cooler if the Nintendo-Sega Partnership meant that Nintendo would help develop a Sonic game but really it's the same partnership that they had on the Wii when they released Sonic & The secret of rings and Sonic Black Knight or whatever.

I speculated it's Riders 3DS since Sochi is Wii U only with no 3DS version strangely in sight.

I say Riders because there's already a platformer for 3DS (LW) and it's likely by Dimps, they're not going to make a second one for 3DS so soon.

So that brings us to spin-offs, and right now the only actual Sonic spin-off that's still getting attention is Riders (not counting All-Stars, besides Transformed just came out).

It's been 2 years since Free Riders and traditionally they've been 2-3 years apart (original in March 2006, ZG in Jan 2008, and FR in Oct 2010).

AND, O-TWO and Xeen who worked with the series since ZG worked on 3DS games already so they're good for 3DS development.

Top Bottom