• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut in development, and maybe another new game at E3

This is great news!!! I'm overjoyed!!!!

I was so sad when my 360 broke soon after finishing this, I want to replay it!!

I hope they don't change too much however, the game was already good like that. Only things that I'd appreciate redone would be the driving and the texture/models (and the map system....). Animations and voice acting must not change!!

EDIT:

From Siliconera:

First off, the game is not a sequel to Deadly Premonition as some believe. It is simply an updated version with new story content

WHAAAATT???? Someone cryogenize me!!!!!!!

Yuterald

I played through the 360 version back when it came out and loved it. I imported the PS3 Asian version and got the Platinum. I wouldn't even think twice about replaying this game. I'm ALL OVER THIS!

Sera O

Banned
I'm so excited at this news. The idea of finally being able to play Deadly Premonition on PS3 in some shape or form is awesome. I have been rewatching Twin Peaks on netflix, and every now and then recalling that I'd never get to play this game. . . only to discover I was wrong.

Damn good cherry pie.

Persona7

Banned
I'm so excited at this news. The idea of finally being able to play Deadly Premonition on PS3 in some shape or form is awesome. I have been rewatching Twin Peaks on netflix, and every now and then recalling that I'd never get to play this game. . . only to discover I was wrong.

Damn good cherry pie.

You could have imported it!

If they release the Director's Cut on 360 too, I'll buy it. I've played through the original 3 times, it's definitely one of the best gaming experiences I've had. I don't even mind the combat that much, it is fine except for the
wall-crawlers...My God do they suck.
I'd be happy with updated graphics, less QTE's, a map that sticks with one orientation, fast travel implemented from the get-go and a new set of achievements. Everything else in the game I'm cool with. As an aside, damn whoever it was who said it was Deadly Premonition 2 to begin with. Got my hopes up.

You could have imported it!

The original Ps3 version has Japanese text only, which would render the side quests unplayable for who can't understand it.
Besides it's pretty expensive!

Also the original Ps3 version had a lot of trophies where the 360 version only had less than 10 achievements (basically one per chapter plus one for finishing all the sidequests), I wonder why...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The original Ps3 version has Japanese text only, which would render the side quests unplayable for who can't understand it.

Also the original Ps3 version had a lot of trophies where the 360 version only had less than 10 achievements (basically one per chapter plus one for finishing all the sidequests), I wonder why...
The original PS3 version's trophies are given to you as long as you complete the sidequests, get all spiritual maps, etc. The disparity between the Deadly Premonition list and the Red Seeds Profile list is pretty surprising to me.

And yeah, if you don't know Japanese, quests like the Q/A in the hospital might be hard to do since they're text-only (though there might be FAQ floating around for it by now, not sure). The VA is English, though. I got my copy for $50. >.>

Erdrick

I have a friend who wont shut the hell up about this game. As I only own a PS3, this is good news for me. I'm always down for weird, strange, if flawed, games.

I will buy it as soon as it is on sale.

I know virtually nothing about the game other than it's kind of a B-grade movie type game and is like this on purpose? Sign me up.

I already own the Japanese version, but a chance to play it with full-English text and new content? Yes, please!

With a spoiler-free guide they are certainly not unplayable. Yes, the two quizzes can be troublesome especially the Greenvale one in the final chapter. I had to resort to guessing which didn't take too many tries, but I could see that happening. Also the trophy list for Red Seeds Profile was incredibly easy to complete. Play the game on easy, find some handy guides online, spend some extra time on sidequests and you've got yourself an easy platinum trophy.

This news is not accurate. Only the voice over is in English the text is all in Japanese, although...

I already own the Japanese version, but a chance to play it with full-English text and new content? Yes, please!

With a spoiler-free guide they are certainly not unplayable. Yes, the two quizzes can be troublesome especially the Greenvale one in the final chapter. I had to resort to guessing which didn't take too many tries, but I could see that happening. Also the trophy list for Red Seeds Profile was incredibly easy to complete. Play the game on easy, find some handy guides online, spend some extra time on sidequests and you've got yourself an easy platinum trophy.

...I hadn't really thought about using a guide... Actually that would make things definitely doable but still, unless the guide translates all the text, you wouldn't be able to understand what the characters are saying, and believe me you wouldn't want to miss it! ;)

Will rebuy for sure Day 1 as soon as it gets released!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to this. I've gone in a survival horror madness and now I'm all set to play Silent Hill 1 through 3, Amnesia, and maybe The Suffering or Sanitarium.

elfinke

Currently playing through DP now as part of my "clear my backlogathon" challenge I'm enjoying.

It's great. The chance of a DP:DC is even greater!

sixghost

Avoided watching the endurance run of this because I'm waiting to play it first.
Hope its worth it.

Understand that the game is extremely flawed in certain respects, and you will enjoy it. Definitely one of my favorite games of the generation despite being just awful at times.

3 biggest tips for enjoying the game:
-Play on Easy
-Take your time with the main missions. When they give you something like 8 hours to drive across town, go explore and look for side missions. Even if you completely miss the window for the mission, it doesn't matter, you can just do it tomorrow.
-Use melee weapons when you need to fight, and don't be afraid to run past enemies if you don't need to kill them. The aiming is just terrible.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yes. Absolutely. Wada would have to have been a dick to announce this at GDC if we weren't getting it. (But when I talked to him, he said we're getting it. So it's confirmed.)

Will this game be published by Ignition? From what it looks Ignition seems to be dropping a good numberof localizations.

Also, the English voicework and text are done by Ignition right?

LiK

Will this game be published by Ignition? From what it looks Ignition seems to be dropping a good numberof localizations.

Also, the English voicework and text are done by Ignition right?

I think it only had English VO in JPN release so not done by Ignition except for the text.

Ledsen

Avoided watching the endurance run of this because I'm waiting to play it first.
Hope its worth it.

Supergreatfriend's LP is many times better than the Endurance Run, so people should watch that instead. Sadly GB gets more viewers because more people recognize them. It's a 100% run from a guy who has finished the game multiple times, has a great speaking voice, very good editing skills and is funny in a dead-pan sort of way that fits the tone of the game perfectly. He even intersperses reviews of the movies York talks about in the game. It's what made me go out and buy the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Zach approves.

getitoff.gif

Top Bottom