• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

99 Vidas Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

Steiner

Banned
x4VNuLx.jpg

Trailer here.

Has anyone played this? The Steam reviews are all over the place. Sounds like most people were frustrated by the difficulty, which seems like something that the devs could easily tweak. I love the way it looks, myself.

Beartruck

I guess the Switch really is the new vita. Heck, they'res 99 of them on there!

For real though, could be cool. Will keep a eye on it.

FelipeMGM

yo, I worked on this game!!!

Thx for sharing the trailer OP, the game is out already for PC, PS4, PS3 and Vita (all PS versions are cross buy and cross save, PS4-PS3 cross play) if anyone interested

Coming soon to XB1, and now Switch!

HvySky

I love the surge of indie games happening on the Switch right now. It's one of the main reasons I bought it and so far I'm not being disappointed.

I guess the Switch really is the new vita. Heck, they'res 99 of them on there!

For real though, could be cool. Will keep a eye on it.

obligatory "i guess the switch really is the new vita" post in a game thread - check

this game is interesting, will give it a try, had no idea it was already out in other platforms

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Very interested. I own a PS4 but want this on Switch! Developer in this thread, what does "Very soon" mean?

Also please allow an easy mode or normalize the difficulty. Seems like people are saying it's not fun due to it? At work so can't read reviews.

Steiner

Banned

Thx for sharing the trailer OP, the game is out already for PC, PS4, PS3 and Vita (all PS versions are cross buy and cross save, PS4-PS3 cross play) if anyone interested

No problem -- the game looks great. I'll be sharing the trailer on our site pretty soon.

Have you or the team at Qubyte found the criticisms concerning difficulty or enemy aggression worth consideration? Have there been any balancing changes since launch? It sounds like everyone loves the way this looks, feels, and even plays, but fast and aggressive AI that has the ability to throw and combo easily on the player was impeding on peoples' enjoyment.

Are they just whining, or has this come up frequently?

Santar

Are the playable characters based on youtubers or streamers or something?
I've seen the game pop up here and there and always wondered about this :p
EDIT
Found it out, they're podcasters, I figured they had to be based around something along those lines :D

jonno394

Yeah knew this was coming for a while, hyped for it since I first saw the game. Cannot wait, the world needs more beat em ups.

Klart

Cool to see someone who worked on the 99Vidas game on Neogaf.

We def. need more brawlers!

Any idea when it's coming out on PS4 in Europe?

Blam

looks great. It's crazy to see it finally happen hmm?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Another xD

Rocket Fist is already out and Dandara was on the first Switch Nindies trailer.

And Celeste and Towerfall are announced and are 50% brazilian xD

Wargroove has Brazilian devs as well :)

Are the playable characters based on youtubers or streamers or something?
I've seen the game pop up here and there and always wondered about this :p

Yup. Game's based on a Brazilian podcast. Of course, that won't matter much to most people, haha.

Glix

obligatory "i guess the switch really is the new vita" post in a game thread - check

this game is interesting, will give it a try, had no idea it was already out in other platforms

Dude... The game is called 99 VIDAS

In this case, the comment is super justified, lol.

Orb

I was hyped until i saw whats clearly a stereotypical leather daddy/bear lmao

Edit: also its based on internet personalities? Yuck

FelipeMGM

No problem -- the game looks great. I'll be sharing the trailer on our site pretty soon.

Have you or the team at Qubyte found the criticisms concerning difficulty or enemy aggression worth consideration? Have there been any balancing changes since launch? It sounds like everyone loves the way this looks, feels, and even plays, but fast and aggressive AI that has the ability to throw and combo easily on the player was impeding on peoples' enjoyment.

Are they just whining, or has this come up frequently?

It can get hard sometimes with multiple enemies on screen but I dont see it as frustrating like some say. There is an Easy mode (and a Hard one too) built in so that might settle the issue for some too

Cool to see someone who worked on the 99Vidas game on Neogaf.

We def. need more brawlers!

Any idea when it's coming out on PS4 in Europe?

The game is still in the process of approval for Europe, but its coming!

Platy

I was hyped until i saw whats clearly a stereotypical leather daddy/bear lmao

Edit: also its based on internet personalities? Yuck

The game does have some ... "Retro" (to avoid other words =P) choices in enemies...like it starts in a really poor city like beating poor people..

I've been eyeing this the last few steam sales, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. Reviews are not great. Looking forward to hearing more impressions though since I love beat em ups.

Orb

The game does have some ... "Retro" (to avoid other words =P) choices in enemies...like it starts in a really poor city like beating poor people..

Yeah, then it's not for me. A game can be retro without using Good Ol' 90's Homophobia

The Hermit

Jogo brazuca então

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

Sujinho, Tetinhas, Mah...

E aquilo é um personagem inspirado em Pit Bicha?

Gostei hahaha

Platy

For those who don't know, We have a BrazilGAF so come join us... we even do some portuguese and english talking.

Sometimes in the same frase

There's gross leather daddy gay caricatures as enemies

Which, while not blatantly hateful, is still ignorant and not something that should be there in 2017

Yeah, next to the stuff in Mother Russia Bleeds this is cute in a way =P

Orb

For those who don't know, We have a BrazilGAF so come join us... we even do some portuguese and english talking.

Sometimes in the same frase

Yeah, next to the stuff in Mother Russia Bleeds this is cute in a way =P

I haven't played that, but that having something gross doesn't excuse other things having gross things, wtf

There's gross leather daddy gay caricatures as enemies

Which, while not blatantly hateful, is still ignorant and not something that should be there in 2017

This and boring as hell main character designs makes it a hard pass for me despite other aspects looking interesting.

Horseticuffs

I've been listening to a few reviews on YouTube and, hey, there aren't many reviews to listen to about this!

That said, a Beat'em up in 2017 with a console release is generally an automatic buy on my end. I just need a release date.

Horseticuffs

Bought this on PS4 today. Got to level 4. Fun and good personality. So far it isn't too hard. Graphics are attractive, as is the sound and music.

I may buy this on Switch as well. The only downside for PS4 is the TERRIBLY ANNOYING controller sounds every time you perform a special.

Steiner

Banned
Bought this on PS4 today. Got to level 4. Fun and good personality. So far it isn't too hard. Graphics are attractive, as is the sound and music.

I may buy this on Switch as well. The only downside for PS4 is the TERRIBLY ANNOYING controller sounds every time you perform a special.

Heh heh yeah the voice samples aren't the highest quality. The game definitely does have a lot of charm and character, though. I played through a bit of the campaign with a buddy tonight. We got through the 4th stage.

The game does get pretty damn hard. I wish there was a life sharing option. I chose the rock guy, who was pretty slow, and I died early on in the 3rd stage and had to just sit there and watch. Enemies are very aggressive, and there are a lot of them.

The music, visuals, and presentation generally are quite pleasant if you grew up as a kid shoving quarters into the Pizza Hut arcade machines to power through some beat 'em up campaigns with your buds. 99 Vidas comes with many of the same joys and same frustrations.

Top Bottom