• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the first Spiderman movie, how did Peter make his suit?

leo-zelinsky-the-cost0jsro.jpg

MisterHero

He hired a cosplayer to teach him how to work with spandex, obviously.

Also, did I walk into a Dean Cain thread? :D

The Supergirl show showed the piecemeal development of the suit.
And then they talk about fabrics, logos, etc. It was a fun montage.

Again, saved by the power of montage!
I may watch this show... What's the verdict on it? I know they had a few episodes with Superman. Though, I haven't watched any of the CW shows at all, really.

LiK

From her saying she would not wear this:
1791727800ae898bbf29d6d4e46ddd78.gif

To finally settling on this:
36dde6b565a97d66c8d44fe793731164.gif

Good lord, she's so cute. Might need to start watching this.

Not many movies really cover the piecemeal development of the hero's suit. I can only think of one right now, and it's Batman Begins.

Amazing Spider-Man has a montage of him creating the web shooters and suit. Then in Amazing Spider-Man 2 he has the best Spidey suit, and I think only the video game mentions Gwen makes it.

I like it when the movies touch on the heroes changing their costume. It's a minor thing. From Begins to The Dark Knight. Black Panther appears to be doing something similar. Iron Man goes through so many damn suits it's hard to keep track, but in Avengers he starts with his Iron Man 2 suit until it's destroyed.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I should watch Supergirl...

EDIT: haha beaten

Sojgat

It doesn't matter.

Only bad movies like Batman Begins and the MCU nonsense of having Tony Stark make everything for everyone has convinced people it does.

Peter Parker has the proportionate strength and agility of a spider, and yet suddenly people can't suspend their disbelief that he might be able to make a cool looking costume on his own?

Nerds.

J_Viper

God damn you for posting this

I already tried watching this and thought it was quite bad, but now I have to watch another episode

god damn it

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Does Supergirl's homemade costume get ripped off every time she gets hit by a supervillain or burn off when she goes through fire? It's on TV so I'm guessing not.

Every weekend, at at least one major city if not multiple, there are tens of thousands of people massed at some convention center somewhere rocking homemade costumes, many of which either faithfully replicate or somehow improve on the designs and construction of superhero costumes of the kind you see in a film

And you think a fictional supergenius in an imaginary reality where getting bit by a spider makes you stick to walls and grow a six-pack overnight can't figure out how to sew together a cool looking set of jammies given the time and the inclination?

That the only way he could possibly come up with a workable supersuit is to have Uncle Tony Stark up and gift him every scrap of his superhero identity on a weekend?

Fuck Tony Stark.

Every weekend, at at least one major city if not multiple, there are tens of thousands of people massed at some convention center somewhere rocking homemade costumes, many of which either faithfully replicate or somehow improve on the designs and construction of superhero costumes of the kind you see in a film

And you think a fictional supergenius in an imaginary reality where getting bit by a spider makes you stick to walls and grow a six-pack overnight can't figure out how to sew together a cool looking set of jammies given the time and the inclination?

That the only way he could possibly come up with a workable supersuit is to have Uncle Tony Stark up and gift him every scrap of his superhero identity on a weekend?

Fuck Tony Stark.

Preach, hermano.

He used his professional concept artist skills that he apparently has and makes no money off of to bring it to life.

I've developed this incredibly strong glue that is nearly indestructible, but will totally dissipate after a few hours, do you think it has any practical, corporate applications? No? I should take photographs for a penny-pinching tyrant who belittles me? Okay.

Volimar

Does Supergirl's homemade costume get ripped off every time she gets hit by a supervillain or burn off when she goes through fire? It's on TV so I'm guessing not.

Her cape was made from Clark's baby blanket, and I think there's some kind of force field effect that radiates out from their skin a few centimeters or so that explains why their costumes usually stand up to so much punishment. Though that was so long ago it's probably been retconned to hell by now. In fact that might have only been for protomatter Supergirl.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Fuck Tony Stark.

Anyone can get bitten by a radioactive spider.
It takes literally no effort.
And he's a science nerd. He'd probably have trouble dressing himself in store-bought clothes.

He brought it used at a dollar-store, didn't even cost him a dime.

Not many movies really cover the piecemeal development of the hero's suit. I can only think of one right now, and it's Batman Begins.

Some of the worst superhero films somehow explain in good detail how the heroes got a hold of their costumes, if you count that.

Glass Rebel

Fuck Tony Stark.

enter "Doctor Doom cosplay" into google image search
look at his Fant4stic costume
weep

Ashhong

Is it too late to change outfits?

Top Bottom