• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG tops 7m sold copies and 600k concurrent users

ryan299

There hasn't been many deals for the game since it's selling so well.
I don't know of any current deals but if you subscribe to the GreenManGaming newsletter watch that, they recently did a deal with an email coupon that brought the price down to $23 (which is what I bought it at).

Do this. I signed up on a day they emailed out codes for the discount. Ended up getting one a few days later. $30 isn't bad though.

The ๖ۜBronx;246383720 said:
Not sure how you got me being "so upset" by telling someone to not get too upset over trolls intended to provoke that exact reaction.
You got pissy about someone "ignoring" part of your post when he did no such thing. You mention it again in a pissy tone.
The ๖ۜBronx;246328244 said:
You also, for some reason, chose to ignore the part where I said that people on consoles consider Dota and WoW to be games in general, not that every single person with a console holds that opinion in totality. Not quite sure how you could mistake that.
This is the definition of a passive aggressive post.

The ๖ۜBronx;246383720 said:
Aside from that all I've said in the thread is how great this game looks and how much I'm looking forward to playing it. Presumptive, aggressive and insulting posts like yours make the community around it less appealing though.
You say you don't have a persecution complex but then you state you might not buy a game because a guy on a forum called you out on something.

And right after you said you shouldn't take someone's comment to generalize a whole community.

tbhysgb

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I can free up some SSD space. Guess it's probably time to jump onto this because the concept definitely appeals.
Infact I could get away with upping some settings. I have vsync off and get a lot of screen tearing. It's plenty fluid for me, hardly any hiccups. Very enjoyable.

First impressions:

First thing I noticed was that the movement felt a little floaty. I guess they wanted to have your character accelerate and decelerate rather than starting and stopping on a dime like most shooters? I'm not a fan of that, but I can live with it.

Tons of pop-in. Like.... every second you're running across the map, something is popping in.

I'm not going to be hyper competitive so I started out on full ultra settings. At 3440x1440 with a 1080TI, I get anywhere from 50-80 FPS. If I look at a restricted zone as it's getting blasted, it drops to 35ish. So.... there's room for improvement there.

I don't know what happens when you don't reach the play area circles in time. I always make sure I'm inside. It's gotten me killed a few times... including my last game where I made the last 10 remaining players. Damn sniper....

I killed a dude and the game wouldn't let me loot him. Then someone shot me while I tried. Shit happens I guess.

I punched 2 people to death in my first game :)

Venfayth

It starts draining your health until you get into the play area.

Yup, pretty slowly for the first two circles. If you are alone looting a large area with good loot, it is actually a viable strategy to stay completely outside the zone for the first two circles until the third one is revealed. You basically need to stay full boost or burn a few healing items and have a fast vehicle though.

The third circle zone hurts significantly, and then the fourth and so on start chunking you HARD. It's not instant kill, but you'll die after more than a few seconds outside of the safe zone.

GodofWine

Sorry for another n00b question, but what is boost?

I think he is talking about pain killers and energy drinks, both have a slow and cumulative healing effect, so taking more will increase those, and you can live in the blue shit for longer.

You can also 'boost' a vehicle by holding shift, its like "running' but for your vehicle.

Venfayth

Sorry for another n00b question, but what is boost?

When you take an energy drink or painkillers it fills your boost bar. Each level of the boost bar will give you a benefit, regenning health or increasing run speed, etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you have more questions I'd recommend hopping over to the more active Official Thread for the game :D

You say you don't have a persecution complex but then you state you might not buy a game because a guy on a forum called you out on something.
I never said that, I said that I was massively looking forward to the game but not the community in the same way as a result.

Either way can we let this go and stop the dogged replies. I really care to get into some worthless pissing contest over how a post was interpreted. You seem incapable of understanding what I mean and I seem incapable of presenting in a way that allows you to.

Just move on and try to keep it positive. What's your favourite aspect of the game, and one thing you would like to see improved?

The ๖ۜBronx;246530434 said:
Just move on and try to keep it positive. What's your favourite aspect of the game, and one thing you would like to see improved?
My favorite aspect of the game is the firefights. Just a few days ago in a match I was trapped in a building with an enemy squad shooting from the nearby hills. I laid prone by the windows and was able to knock out 3 of them with my sniper before the 4th one got me. It was intense and satisfying.

What I would like to see improved is the optimization. That's all really. Asked me a month ago I would have said the movement system and more maps but the devs are already addressing these with vaulting and working on two more maps.

My favorite aspect of the game is the firefights. Just a few days ago in a match I was trapped in a building with an enemy squad shooting from the nearby hills. I laid prone by the windows and was able to knock out 3 of them with my sniper before the 4th one got me. It was intense and satisfying.

What I would like to see improved is the optimization. That's all really. Asked me a month ago I would have said the movement system and more maps but the devs are already addressing these with vaulting and working on two more maps.

That situation sounds awesome, and is the exact type of reason I'm excited to play. It seems the organic gameplay gives rise to a lot of these moments and I can't wait to be deciding for myself whether to engage, run or stay silent.

That's good to hear, have the developers got any plans for additions (they they've specified) or are they also pretty happy with where it's at now? Not to suggest that there should be more, I think what's there looks great as-is, but just wondering what their plans might be if any.

The ๖ۜBronx;246543230 said:
That situation sounds awesome, and is the exact type of reason I'm excited to play. It seems the organic gameplay gives rise to a lot of these moments and I can't wait to be deciding for myself whether to engage, run or stay silent.

That's good to hear, have the developers got any plans for additions (they they've specified) or are they also pretty happy with where it's at now? Not to suggest that there should be more, I think what's there looks great as-is, but just wondering what their plans might be if any.
Could you be more specific about additions? If you mean optimizations, the devs have said that optimization and patching bugs is their top priority, and most of the patches thus far have helped both with more on the way.

If you mean maps, like I said two more are coming. One of them is a desert map and the other a mediterranean map.

Top Bottom