• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massively Multiplayer Bomberman

Magnus

Never got bomber man. Played for live 5 minutes with me and everyone around me basically playing tag with bombs and always running out of the way before they blew up. Got bored.

What am I not understanding about the appeal? :( I want to love.

blitz64

Very fun game. I love bomberman and I miss it.

Lets hope this game gets official license somehow so they don't get sued.

Kyoufu

Very fun game. I love bomberman and I miss it.

Lets hope this game gets official license somehow so they don't get sued.

Konami RT'd it on Twitter. Don't think they care. I mean why should they? It's not like they're going to do anything other than Metal Gear/PES until they are closed down.

This would be perfect on PSN/XBLA.

basik

I hate when I get the nuke and I'm kicking ass and the round ends and I never get killed so I dont get to blow everybody up. I had the nuke + nyan cat for the huge kill twice and the damn round ended when I was trying to get killed on purpose near a bunch of people lol.

remember everybody when you start game hit the squad button and search GAF and join the squad or create a GAF squad if there isnt one...and dont attack people in your squad. they will keep spawning very close to you. it seems like the squad goes away after every round so you have to rejoin it.

Teknoman

Konami RT'd it on Twitter. Don't think they care. I mean why should they? It's not like they're going to do anything other than Metal Gear/PES until they are closed down.

Bucketloads on Vita too. Local and online play? C'mon Bomberman V should be a nobrainer with that screen.

This game is pretty great. Just get rid of the dumb meme etc. stuff and replace them with similar icons to the nuclear bomb signs, drop the latency even further (even the 21ms servers seem to hang around at 200ms-300ms) and make Konami make it official and it's a perfect Bomberman evolution.

basik

also the dev said on twitter that they are gonna do a update that allows people to play as their own custom characters. someone else on twitter added gamepad controls to the game with ps3 controller and other.

also some nazi is spamming the chat with swastikas :/

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
also the dev said on twitter that they are gonna do a update that allows people to play as their own custom characters. someone else on twitter added gamepad controls to the game with ps3 controller and other.

also some nazi is spamming the chat with swastikas :/

How does PS3 controller support work? Is it in the game already? I've been using motioninjoy to map the keyboard buttons for my DS3 just with the dpad. Is there support for the analog stick? I would prefer that, using the dpad hurts my thumb after a while. Square = bomb. R1 = action button. Triangle = zoom out. Start = leaderboard. And circle = drop out command but I don't use it.

I'm actually making a game in gamemaker that could be considered similar to bomberman and I set up my analog controls the way I like it already. I wonder if there's a way to make my game act as a custom button mapping program that works outside of the GM executable. Though I wouldn't need to do this if there's analog support already.

basik

How does PS3 controller support work? Is it in the game already? I've been using motioninjoy to map the keyboard buttons for my DS3 just with the dpad. Is there support for the analog stick? I would prefer that, using the dpad hurts my thumb after a while. Square = bomb. R1 = action button. Triangle = zoom out. Start = leaderboard. And circle = drop out command but I don't use it.

I'm actually making a game in gamemaker that could be considered similar to bomberman and I set up my analog controls the way I like it already. I wonder if there's a way to make my game act as a custom button mapping program that works outside of the GM executable. Though I wouldn't need to do this if there's analog support already.

I dunno I didnt try it. its here:

https://github.com/jcla1/bombermine_gamepad

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So freaking fun.

Some bugs to work out, and some polish would go alllllllllllloooooooooooooooong way.. but still fun in this form.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

It's a fun diversion but the netcode is clearly straining under the sheer weight of what it's being asked to do. I'd actually prefer a smaller scale with less lag.

Galang

Banned
I'm addicted to this! It's really good for beta!

The rhythm and timing of the game feels much better with 350 - 400 people for me. It's perfectly hectic at that point, yet strategic and I very rarely get any lag. Anything over that I find the games lags alot and seems much more like a crapshoot than anything.

I'm disappointed they seem to be adding avatars though. They look uglyyy as heck to me in the preview screen when you first go to the page. I'd rather they just added alternate colours.

superbank

I'm addicted to this! It's really good for beta!

The rhythm and timing of the game feels much better with 350 - 400 people for me. It's perfectly hectic at that point, yet strategic and I very rarely get any lag. Anything over that I find the games lags alot and seems much more like a crapshoot than anything.

I'm disappointed they seem to be adding avatars though. They look uglyyy as heck to me in the preview screen when you first go to the page. I'd rather they just added alternate colours.

They look even worse in motion. I played while a mod or dev was on and he asked if anyone wanted to try them. I saw Sonic and Pooh Bear. It's really jarring. Maybe it could be done well if the animations/character designs were good but really it's just not in the vein of bomberman at all. Not to mention they risk getting shut down for using others characters.

superbank

So they replaced the bomberman character sprites with what appears to be their own version. They're passable. The colors aren't as good though.

Top Bottom