• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2142 With a Dash of Spyware

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
VOOK said:
I've been playing and have'nt noticed any ads...

That's because they haven't turned them on yet. You're in for a nice little surprise when EA hits the switch in a week or so an all the logos turn into Celebrex, Pepsi and Westwood Game Design College ads.

ParkPace

So there are ads from the year 2006 in a game that's set in the year 2142? Way to go EA. That's real immersive game design. I'll really feel like i'm in the future with that!!!

Barnolde

Banned
ParkPace said:
So there are ads from the year 2006 in a game that's set in the year 2142? Way to go EA. That's real immersive game design. I'll really feel like i'm in the future with that!!!

If you're going to have ads in your game, make them tasteful.

Basically, see what EA does and do the exact opposite.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
:lol @ the uproar from the BF community.

Resize_of_BF2142adds_1_.jpg

sharkie

Beergut said:
So, when they say "if the brief says 'Males 18 to 34'", the ads may only be served between 6pm and 9pm on a weekday evening or similar, to replicate 'primetime' viewing".

Does that mean if you play after 11pm you'll get Channel 5 (here in the UK) type ads for "lonely single girls" and other similar late night advertisement ..?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
wouldn't it kind of be realistic to the futuristic aspect since its a place where there are ads everywhere?

explodet

Then they must be some damn strong billboards, to be able to download new ads AND survive shelling and explosions.
Why don't they make tanks and body armor out of that material?

Think of it, tanks with ads plastered on them, soldiers going to war looking like NASCAR drivers with sponsorship patches all over them.

e-sadler-ryr.jpg

It's the futureeeee!

JRPereira

Damn. After playing the demo I was really considering buying the game.

I have no tolerance for dealing with this shit though.

Top Bottom