• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics finally set to release in NA/EU beginning November 28

I'm glad to learn that the "Classic" CRT effect is included in Shinobi too, I thought it was only going to be in Sonic. Do all the Mega Drive titles have it? I haven't bought Ecco yet.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've never played more than 5 minutes of SoR1. Is it actually good? I love the second game, and the Japanese version of 3... But 1 seems so dated.

Yuterald

I've never played more than 5 minutes of SoR1. Is it actually good? I love the second game, and the Japanese version of 3... But 1 seems so dated.

You know, I actually might prefer SoR1 to SoR2 at times. I have strong nostalgia for SoR2 because it's the one I played most as a kid and it is "technically" the best, but I think the first one has some cool things going for it as well. It's definitely got its own vibe. I've just played so much of SoR2 that I'm sort of sick of it at this point, hah! Totally more in the mood for the original. The car support fire shit is pretty boss too.

Streets of Rage is still amazing and the options available are really great. Nice to be able to select 'pop-out' or 'look-in' 3D. Played through the International version and it seems tougher than the PAL version - more enemies too. Was there a difference in difficulty between the US and PAL versions on the Mega Drive? Can't remember how the Japanese version was.

Sapiens

Streets of Rage is still amazing and the options available are really great. Nice to be able to select 'pop-out' or 'look-in' 3D. Played through the International version and it seems tougher than the PAL version - more enemies too. Was there a difference in difficulty between the US and PAL versions on the Mega Drive? Can't remember how the Japanese version was.

Can't wait to get home and download these!

Are the roads in streets of rage also in proper 3D or is it "flat"?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Couldn't find the eShop thread but is anyone having issues connecting?

I was trying to do a system transfer and neither could connect to Nintendo to confirm.
Tried going to the eShop and that didn't work either.

Danny Dudekisser

I was trying to do a system transfer and neither could connect to Nintendo to confirm.

Yeah, I couldn't connect until just now. Anyway, the shop's been updated with Shinobi III. Bought it. Said I lived in Montana to avoid giving Illinois politicians any tax money.

No idea about Streets of Rage. Maybe it's there.

Buying games on the eShop still feels like getting away with murder. The horrible store interface, unreliability of the 3DS' wi-fi (well, it's not as bad as the Wii or WiiU's, but still), and unreliability of the eShop actually working properly makes it oddly satisfying to actually manage to get a game.

bjork

Yeah, I couldn't connect until just now. Anyway, the shop's been updated with Shinobi III. Bought it. Said I lived in Montana to avoid giving Illinois politicians any tax money.

Buying games on the eShop still feels like getting away with murder. The horrible store interface, unreliability of the 3DS' wi-fi (well, it's not as bad as the Wii or WiiU's, but still), and unreliability of the eShop actually working properly makes it oddly satisfying to actually manage to get a game.

Make sure to include this in your club nintendo surveys every time, because it is spot on.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Both systems transfers I've done have thrown weird and scary system errors at the end. Thank god I haven't lost anything yet. (knock on wood)

Yes Boss!

I'm trying to transfer this morning as well. Seems like it is down ;-(

Which is strange, since eShop has never had issues at all in the last three years.

That said, I did grab Afterburner II this morning on the J-store!

Danny Dudekisser

I'm trying to transfer this morning as well. Seems like it is down ;-(

Which is strange, since eShop has never had issues at all in the last three years.

Oh, that's right. You have a JP 3DS.

I really want Afterburner II. First time I played that game was in Shenmue II, and I loved it.

Anyway, I'll probably dig into Shinobi III and have some impressions of the port tonight. Assuming I don't just waste the entire day playing NES Remix. *Sigh*. And here, I thought I was going to get around to playing Ys on the Vita finally. Not likely.

Got that yesterday myself. So good! Up there with the best of this collection :) This whole series of releases has been one of my favourite things this year in games. Really excited to see what all is in this new batch.

Yes Boss!

Oh, that's right. You have a JP 3DS.

I really want Afterburner II. First time I played that game was in Shenmue II, and I loved it.

Anyway, I'll probably dig into Shinobi III and have some impressions of the port tonight. Assuming I don't just waste the entire day playing NES Remix. *Sigh*. And here, I thought I was going to get around to playing Ys on the Vita finally. Not likely.

I'm really just buying them on the J-store outa obligation. I'll most likely play it more once it comes to the NA store next year. It is one of the big titles that was in our local 7-11 so I have particular nostalgia for it, though.

I'm so damn bummed about NES Remix as it was announced while I was flying to california. Really wish I had brought my Wii U here ;-(

Definitely the most interesting thing announced at yesterday's Direct.

Can't wait to get home and download these!

Are the roads in streets of rage also in proper 3D or is it "flat"?

It's mainly the foreground things that 'pop' and the depth of the backgrounds in terms of the 3D effect. Haven't tried playing with the pop-out option though, so that may make them stand out more.

Nachos

As someone who never grew up with Sega (other than the Dreamcast) and never really knew how to start diving into their catalog, these games have been amazing so far. I've only gotten Space Harrier and Galaxy Force II so far, but I'm really having a blast, especially since I love the Sin and Punishment games. I'll probably pick up Shinobi today and look into the others once I have a bit more money.

Oh, and as someone crazy enough to import a CPP for the XL, Galaxy Force uses it pretty well.

cacildo

wasnt streets of rage supposed to let you play 2player with the download play?

Because i just tried.... and it didnt seem to work

Edit: cant find the correct info. I got Streets of Rage only because im sure i saw a lot of people saying 2 player would work with only one copy of the game.....
....but it really dosent seem to work this way

R.I.P

Bought both Streets of Rage and Shinobi III.

First time playing a Shinobi game, and I'm really impressed by it! The controls feel really smooth, and there's a surprisingly large amount of different moves and attacks you can pull off ( both the spread throw and flying kick feel really satisfying!). The game also looks quite pretty, and the animations are top notch for the time. Only had time to clear the first stage, but I'm excited to play more.

wasnt streets of rage supposed to let you play 2player with the download play?

Because i just tried.... and it didnt seem to work

Edit: cant find the correct info. I got Streets of Rage only because im sure i saw a lot of people saying 2 player would work with only one copy of the game.....
....but it really dosent seem to work this way

Nope everyone was wishing it would be like that but it's been known for a while that it requires two copies of the game.

I've said before in this thread that the only reason I'd buy it is if I had a friend with a 3DS who also bought it. But I'm reconsidering that now since I suddenly feel lukewarm about getting Ecco, and might spring for SoR instead... We'll see

rjc571

Banned
I'm on the fence on whether I want to pick up After Burner now... it looks like something I'd enjoy (I've never played it in the arcade), and while I'd prefer to play it on my US 3DS -- because the 3D effect isn't as good on my LL, and also so I can understand the menus, and also to support the US releases of these games -- I really don't feel like waiting around another 10 months for it to come out.

Yes Boss!

I'm on the fence on whether I want to pick up After Burner now... it looks like something I'd enjoy (I've never played it in the arcade), and while I'd prefer to play it on my US 3DS -- because the 3D effect isn't as good on my LL, and also so I can understand the menus, and also to support the US releases of these games -- I really don't feel like waiting around another 10 months for it to come out.

Menus are tricky as shit...as they always have been but damn does it look great on the 3DS. The full screen mode has an option where it opens up the game world on the left and right for full 16:9. Pretty damn stunning.

Music is holy-shit good!

Thats lame.

Im really dissappointed. I wont buy any "3d classics" anymore

It is lame, but nobody tried to fool you into thinking it had Download Play. Should have done your research before buying (or paid more attention to what you thought you read earlier). It's unfair to condemn the whole series for that.

Top Bottom