• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics finally set to release in NA/EU beginning November 28

Why are these so expensive? They should 3 euros, at most :/

They cost more than a standard VC release may because more attention was put into their presentation. Many of the titles have extra modes that were added and the games were usually entirely reprogrammed to support the 3D effect. You also have a ton of options for visuals, sound and gameplay. If you are curious about the effort that M2 put into these titles check out the interviews here: http://blogs.sega.com/category/sega-3d-classics/

waiting for 3D Sonic 2 to buy
i can't replay the first sonic game because the lack of spin dash

Good news, Sonic 1 has spin dash in this version.

L.O.R.D

They cost more than a standard VC release may because more attention was put into their presentation. Many of the titles have extra modes that were added and the games were usually entirely reprogrammed to support the 3D effect. You also have a ton of options for visuals, sound and gameplay. If you are curious about the effort that M2 put into these titles check out the interviews here: http://blogs.sega.com/category/sega-3d-classics/

Good news, Sonic 1 has spin dash in this version.

really ?
might check this out

He does. Still, not releasing Sonic 2 for the 3DS would be an insanely stupid move.

Yeah well we've got iOS / Android versions of Sonic 1, 2 and CD in widescreen that look and play great which Sega refuses to release on most consoles and handhelds. I wouldn't be surprised if that never shows up as much as I'd love it.

Khaz

If it goes like the first time, the second batch will spread out all over this year in Japan, then we will wait another full year for localisation and ratings.

December 2015, that's my bet.

Oh hey, I stand corrected. At least I got the year right!

rjc571

Banned
I don't see how people were upset with yesterday's Direct when fucking CHOPLIFTER was announced. That game is incredible!

You mean Super Thunder Blade? I already have it on my Japanese 3DS. It's a fun game, but it only takes 10 minutes to beat and isn't endlessly replayable like some of Sega's arcade classics. The 3D is incredible, though.

Top Bottom