• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renmei

Banned
Steins;Gate
The World God Only Knows II
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Deadman Wonderland
Hanasaku Iroha
Hen Zemi- (fetishes!)

I'll give any show at least an episode to hook me but I'm looking forward to checking out these~

Paprikka

untSo.jpg

Will be trying a little bit of everything, my only hope right now is Sket Dance being even half as funny as the manga.

Uchip

Banned
ill probably check out deadman wonderland as it seems like something that would be better animated than manga (i only just started reading it)
that and they made ergo proxy

FTH said:
Ok guys, no more new dedicated anime |OT|s until I get caught up on Puella Magi Madoka!! I'm almost there!!!

Amazing OP by the way, just gorgeous! :D

There's gonna be at least 5 dedicated anime OTs this season. Anti-animu gaf be damned!

zeroshiki

G-Fex said:
must.....resist...watching succubus loli anime.

Ahh... the start of a new season. Where everyone's wide eyed and full of optimism. Where every show has the chance to be the break out hit.

My body is ready, let's go!

Jex

Steroyd said:
It's just occured to me, but this season seems to be devoid of a show centered around incest. \(^o^)/
It's all right, Loli Succubi more than males up for that small mercy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Responding..

You can probably count the number of anime series in history with better pacing than Madoka on two hands. Seriously, if there's one thing it's gotten almost perfectly right, it's pacing.
Eh i generally don't find the pacing of madoka to be anything special, in fact it seems to follow the formula of - slow to a crawl in the first 10 minutes then the last 10 minutes it starts speeding up rinse repeat. The latest episode was a good example of well-done pacing in the show though, it felt consistently engaging from start to finish.

Also comparing kimi ni todoke to madoka is a unfair comparison.:p

cosmicblizzard said:
Objectivity doesn't exist in fiction.
I'm of the belief that objectively does exist in fiction to degree, i mean here is a very cliche example but if you think transformers is better written than the godfather you are objectively wrong there is no question about it.:) of course there's also the comparison of the star wars prequels versus the original trilogy.

yeah this too
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien maxed my brain out
I personally wouldn't consider it a good example of realism in a anime series.>_>

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility of Control
Nichijou

And whatever's good. I'll trust you guys.
Finally changed your avatar!

JKTrix

Kind of random aside, but today is Ayako Kawasumi's birthday. And not to steal her thunder (but mostly because I might not post tomorrow), but tomorrow is Maaya Sakamoto's birthday.

Lovely voices, back to back! I don't know if either of them are in this season's anime, though...

Branduil

Reposting to confuse people:

Jexhius said:
Nah, I can tell.

It's an important question, one they never deem to answer. Of course the stock response is usually
many dictators have had loyal wives. At one point, before their fall, they may have been somewhat charismatic which is how they inspired people to follow them in the first place.
Well of course, I wouldn't say it's impossible to justify
Abelia's loyalty. The problem is they just assume it, and I think that's asking a little too much of the audience. It wouldn't even be a hard problem to have fixed, you just need either a short flashback scene, or more in keeping with the direction of the show, a scene where Abelia talks about why she is loyal to him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Joule said:
We're in this one for Nichijou and the other 4panel nonsense shows.
Yeah, slim pickings though... and the episode 0 thing didn't inspire much confidence.

I might check out that BL show. I have to imagine that one won't pussyfoot around anyway. :lol

Calcaneus

Is there something about C that I should know about? Is it based on something? The description sounds interesting enough, but why is everyone so excited about it?

Edit- Oh, beaten.

Lafiel said:
I'm of the belief that objectively does exist in fiction to degree, i mean here is a very cliche example but if you think transformers is better written than the godfather you are objectively wrong there is no question about it.:) of course there's also the comparison of the star wars prequels versus the original trilogy.

People can find a way to justify any element in a story. Whether it be dismissing a deus ex machina because of an alternate interpretation or countless other examples I'm too sleepy to think up right now, there will be someone to defend it to the death.

And that's all I will say on the subject because I hate these kinds of discussions. You're entitled to your opinion.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Regulus Tera said:
Someone try and explain me why everybody is excited for C?
Directed by Kenji Nakamura - the director of cult-classics such as trapeze and mononoke! based on his track record he is probably one of the most consistent directors working in anime today, I'm expected great things from C based on that track record, even if the premise doesn't exactly sound completely appealing.

One thing about Kenji Nakamura compared to other directors is he is a good example of a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auter in the anime world.

Rektash

7Th said:

Well Melody of Oblivion had at least some things going for it. To this date, I belive that MoO has some hidden underlying messages no one understands. Or maybe not, but it certainly has some strange things going on, like strange red/blue cloring schemes in certain scenes which made me go "huh ?" at times - than I remember that it is a show about girls rubbing against the main char and forget every potential hidden message. And milk.

Star Driver, from the 3 episodes I was able to stand, was just boring and uninspired.

Branduil

Lafiel said:
Responding..

Eh i generally don't find the pacing of madoka to be anything special, in fact it seems to follow the formula of - slow to a crawl in the first 10 minutes then the last 10 minutes it starts speeding up rinse repeat. The latest episode was a good example of well-done pacing in the show though, it felt consistently engaging from start to finish.

Also comparing kimi ni todoke to madoka is a unfair comparison.:p

Pacing doesn't necessarily relate to a constant speed, in fact constant speed is usually a bad thing. You want a roller coaster, with ups and downs, not a rocket ship. I think Madoka understands that and uses it to great effect. It's not always speeding along, but every scene moves the story forward and relates well to what came before it and what comes after.

I personally wouldn't consider it a good example of realism in a anime series.>_>

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is about as realistic as Code Geass.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
InfiniteNine said:
Accepted and rehosted on a not crappy host.

Well huzzah then!

I'll leave it to the Madoka fans to translate the runes, but it's something they all wanted (and is probably obvious)

Lafiel said:

That person is entitled to that viewpoint, and I don't think anyone can take it away from them. Most people will disagree, but it doesn't make that person wrong. For that person, Transformers is better written than The Godfather.

suzu

Will only check out Deadman Wonderland and Ao no Exorcist, although I am caught up with both manga series. And probably random eps of Gintama.

7Th

Fuck the spring season, let's talk about how we can say that Yasako and Isako kiss in Dennou Coil's ending due to a very convenient "fade-to-white" in a crucial scene:

Jex

[[C]]
Lafiel said:
Directed by Kenji Nakamura - the director of cult-classics such as trapeze and mononoke! based on his track record he is probably one of the most consistent directors working in anime today, I'm expected great things from C based on that track record, even if the premise doesn't exactly sound completely appealing.

One thing about Kenji Nakamura compared to other directors is he is a good example of a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auter in the anime world.
Essentially. There's some excitement regarding this work purely based on his previous directorial achievements, not on any other aspect of the work itself.
zeroshiki said:
Wait, did Gonzo go under and no one told me?!
They went under for ages.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
KuwabaraTheMan said:
That person is entitled to that viewpoint, and I don't think anyone can take it away from them. Most people will disagree, but it doesn't make that person wrong. For that person, Transformers is better written than The Godfather.

But Transformers isn't better written than The Godfather.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Regulus Tera said:
Someone try and explain me why everybody is excited for C?
Kenji Nakamura, guy behind Mononoke and Trapeze just Mononoke.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just a heads up, but your descriptions for Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai and Hen Zemi are identical.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
7Th said:
Fuck the spring season, let's talk about how we can say that Yasako and Isako kiss in Dennou Coil's ending due to a very convenient "fade-to-white" in a crucial scene:

Purest form of love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom