• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bored after awhile of seeing people performing songs I don't know from shows I haven't watched. So I skipped ahead to Braveheart (ED, Black Rock Shooter). The crowd seems a lot more tired now as I jumped forward more than an hour in time.

Where the hell did you all go? o.o

Today I've discovered Lia sounds pretty much exact the same in real life as she does when performing the studio version of Tori no Uta. There's not a whole lot notable about Air besides it's beautiful OP.

Izayoi said:
That "TV" is a fucking rip-off. It's a re-branded 3D monitor, which you can get for around $300.

Don't let Sony pull the wool over your eyes.

LOL, I'm not actually buying it, I just thought it was a funny item that Sony is selling. It's really quite funny how hard Sony is pushing 3D.

Lia seems be enjoying herself on stage performing the OP for Angel Beats. I'm still not motivated to watch that show. It has a nice OP though.

edit: The Asus Nvidia 3D Vision certified monitors are all using TN panels. That Sony display is using a VA panel, which is one of two technologies used in HDTVs (the other is IPS). So it offers a superior image quality to the Asus monitor. It also has built-in speakers and comes with a game (Resistance 3) and an HDMI cable. So actually it's not a ripoff at all, it actually seems very fairly priced for what's included.

Lain

Finally watched AnoHana 08, and I have two problems with it.
The first is that Jintan does nothing to defend himself even a little when Yukiatsu grabs him or when he is going to hit him, the second is everyone finally realizing Menma is there (although she being able to interact with stuf and yet doing it in the background is a shitty move imo) and Jintan almost seeming shocked by that.

Day 2 opens with May'n and Minori Chihara performing the OP for Aquarion, a show I am certain I'll never watch. Nice song though. The OP for Ga-Rei Zero is coming up next apparently.

edit: Wow, this whole crowd knows the OP for Ga-Rei Zero too.

Lain

Unknown Soldier said:
Lia seems be enjoying herself on stage performing the OP for Angel Beats. I'm still not motivated to watch that show. It has a nice OP though.
Just listen to the Girl Dead Monster music and you'll have enjoyed most of all that's good about the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lain said:
Finally watched AnoHana 08, and I have two problems with it.
The first is that Jintan does nothing to defend himself even a little when Yukiatsu grabs him or when he is going to hit him, the second is everyone finally realizing Menma is there (although she being able to interact with stuf and yet doing it in the background is a shitty move imo) and Jintan almost seeming shocked by that.
It's because he thought he was going crazy.

duckroll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...e-helmer-araki-supercell-involved-on-new-work

This is one of the Fall noitaminA shows. The other show is rumored to be a another Mizushima/Aikawa tag team BONES show.

Guilty Crown

Director: Tetsuro Araki
Series Editor: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Assistant Series Editor: Ichiro Okouchi
Original Character Designs: redjuice
Music: ryo (supercell)
Production: Production IG Studio 6

Looks like the Death Note/Highschool of the Dead director has defected to Production IG! Is Madhouse truly doomed?

duckroll said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...e-helmer-araki-supercell-involved-on-new-work

This is one of the Fall noitaminA shows. The other show is rumored to be a another Mizushima/Aikawa tag team BONES show.

Guilty Crown

Looks like the Death Note/Highschool of the Dead director has defected to Production IG! Is Madhouse truly doomed?

Dunno, this looks like it will involve mecha, what mecha series has Madhouse ever done? Maybe the director felt like doing a mecha series for a change.

Ryo of Supercell is notable for composing tracks for Hatsune Miku, including the song Black Rock Shooter and the music for the OVA of the same name. I guess this means the music will be interesting at the very least.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
duckroll said:

Guilty Crown

HOLY SHIT this is going be a glorious trainwreck.:D

This is a original project isn't it? will be interesting to see how tetsuro araki handles it lulz.

Edit - Oh man looking at the staff list, the series editor is the writer of such classics as CODE GEASS, DANCE IN THE VAMPIRE BUND, MACROSS FRONTIER, SORA NO WOTA lolol and it's the same studio that did KNT and sengoku basara.

Man this is going be truly glorious.:D

duckroll

Unknown Soldier said:
Dunno, this looks like it will involve mecha, what mecha series has Madhouse ever done? Maybe the director felt like doing a mecha series for a change.

Huh? I don't think this has anything to do with mecha. It's a show about bishounen with special powers or some shit.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Actually based on the premise and the two writers behind it, this is basically the successor to CODE GEASS.:lol

duckroll said:

Guilty Crown

This will be crazy stupid with great music. Can't wait.

noitaminA really trying to pump up the ratings I suppose.

mAcOdIn

duckroll said:
Well with credentials like that I'm half tempted to say Madhouse is better off losing him.

mAcOdIn

Timeless, I love the word as I feel it's so grey. I mean you could call a classic timeless inferring that it exists outside the influence of time, unbridled, above currently evolving tastes, basically a compliment, but could one also not say that it is without time, that no time what so ever shall be spent on it, it is essentially non-existent, that'd probably not be a compliment.

You guys like those commas? Ehh?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ORpT6.jpg

Keep on POMFin' AnimeGAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom