• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burger tops overrated Whataburger as most popular burger in Foursquare.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
We just got a Canes in Naperville IL...the best chicken tenders on the planet.

In-N-Out is fantastic too. Can't we all just get along??

Mrbob

I question the reliability. There are 10 Chick Fil As in the entire state of Wisconsin and it won?

Culver's is a Wisconsin based burger joint. Anything other than that winning in the state is wrong.

maruchan

I’ve never even heard of Cane’s

is it like pioneer chicken.. a real so cal treat...

ls.jpg

Bessy67

I question the reliability. There are 10 Chick Fil As in the entire state of Wisconsin and it won?

Culver's is a Wisconsin based burger joint. Anything other than that winning in the state is wrong.
It's calculated as # of visitors divided by # of stores, so since Chick Fil A is relatively new in the state they have a lot of interested new customers and not many stores. Makes sense they're top by that metric. They're probably nowhere close to the top if you just did # of visitors.

Had In n Out twice for the first time when I visited San Diego years back. Was a huge let down considering how many Texas transplants here in Houston seemed to worship it.

Whataburger is life. Not sorry.

LMAO @ the clowns calling Whataburger overrated in literally the same sentence of In-N-Out, the most overrated food on the planet.

Whataburger and Short Stop eat INO for lunch, what a joke

I'm from Texas. Meh, I'm not so sure which is better. I see both In N Out and Whataburger as overrated. Some days, seemingly more and more, I just go to Wendys. However they both have their qualities. Burgers are quite good at both, though bigger at Whataburger If I recall. Fries at Whataburger are hands down better than In N Out, plus Whataburger has a delicious breakfast menu that is to die for.

As a Texas transplant living in Seattle, I take partial blame for this. I'll make sure to buy some Whataburger the next time I visit.

Shameful all the same.

totowhoa

Banned
They determined popularity based on visits per store? Isn’t that more of an efficiency metric? That’s why CFA is dominating the map.

UrokeJoe

California guy here who has had plenty of In-N-Out burgers in my time and they deserve all the credit they get, but they are certainly overrated.

Recently took a trip to Texas for the first time and went to a Whatabutger and I get it, they definitely deserve credit for what they do.

I'm a UK gaffer in Texas for the first time ever...

...which of these should I try? Have a couple of days left to try some American chains, and I have no idea what's actually good. Tried Wendy's earlier, which was kinda... ehhh...

Maitiú

It would be succinct to say this map portrays the busiest fast food business in each state, rather than the most popular.

I'm a UK gaffer in Texas for the first time ever...

...which of these should I try? Have a couple of days left to try some American chains, and I have no idea what's actually good. Tried Wendy's earlier, which was kinda... ehhh...

Depends on what part of Texas. Plenty of good burger places beyond fast food. Ubers in Dallas, Hopdoddys in Austin, etc.

Neoxon

I've never heard of Cane's in my life and I've lived in California my whole life, WHAT is going on.
It’s pretty good, you should give them a try. The problem for me is that I have to go for the Caniac (6 tenders, a slice of bread, fries, & coleslaw.....that I swap for more fries) due to my hyper-fast metabolism, & that sets me back $12 (including tax).

Spicy sauce or spicy chicken breading?

Spicy breading. Sauce is nice, and Canes existing sauce is really nice, but nothing beats having herbs and spices baked right into the chicken/breading/skin

It's pretty good, you should give them a try. The problem for me is that I have to go for the Caniac (6 tenders, a slice of bread, fries, & coleslaw.....that I swap for more fries) due to my hyper-fast metabolism, & that sets me back $12 (including tax).

Bruch, that's a TON of food for $12. Even the Box is a decent sized meal

HeatBoost

all this study tells me is that people who use foursquare fucking love chic fil a

Whataburger isn't a top tier burger or anything, but as far as fast food goes, it's hard to beat. I haven't had In and Out, but of the people who've had both that I've talked to, Whataburger tends to be the favorite

I can't stop laughing over the map. Multiple states that only have a number of Chuck-Fil-A restaurants that don't even crack the double digits. Yet it's somehow so popular that most of the USA is Chick-Fil-A land.

Whoever "conducted" this study must had made this shit up on the spot as part of a dare.

Top Bottom