• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

ZeroCDR

Who's best for projectile spam? Thinking of doing that plus a space stone to push them for keepaway.

Zero in Sougenmou is hilariously effective for projectile spam, I can be rushdown or immediately change to that gameplan any time, and it seems to last way longer than in MvC3. X's latest tech is helpful as well but it takes practice.

Arthur should be the best one on paper I guess, but idk, I can't get him to work for me in this game. Hawkeye too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LOL @ their excuse of unintended mechanics.

So what about HSD glitch?

Or Stinger overheads?

Or freezing glitch?

And I like how they made this announcement on the day of the tournament....

I like Capcom's approach here, "soft patches":
Instead of patching the game, they just add rules.

FSLink

Banned
Agreed but I pUT part the blame on the fgc for tamer stages once there's any sort to activity in the background it gets banned in tourneys.
To be fair that's due to some fighting games actually causing lag in some stages.

Seeing Training stage in this game though annoys the hell out of me.

I like Capcom's approach here, "soft patches":
Instead of patching the game, they just add rules.
Capcom's communication needs to be waaaay better but you do know that patches take time to be certified right?

Oh hey some patch notes for the Oct 16 update:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...r-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-october-16-update
General (These changes will go live on PS4 and PC on October 16 and on Xbox One at a later date)

When an opponent has been hit by three special "grab" projectiles in a single combo, they will automatically be affected by a spiral hit stun, causing them to be invincible and sent into the air. Players can also counter tag out of these attacks.
Affected moves:
Spider-Man - LP/HP Web Ball (including air versions)
Frank - LK/HK Hammer Throw
Can perform air recovery in eight directions when recovering from certain unique hits in the air.
Affected moves:
Dante – Bee Hive
Chun-Li – Spinning Bird Kick (including air version), Kikosho, Hoyokusen
Chris – Sweep Combo
Doctor Strange – Bolts of Balthakk
Fixed a bug that made it impossible to block during the last frame of crouching block recovery.
Fixed an issue that caused a connection error to occur when continuously performing successful grabs in an online match.
Increased throw invincibility during air recovery from 3F to 5F.
Fixed comboing into another combo using the Mind Surge throw.
Characters (These changes will go live across all platforms in the update on October 16)

Dante

Fixed a bug when taking damage during Tempest that caused Dante’s position to change from the location where he took that damage.
Captain America

Fixed bug(s) so that properties of moves without the shield match those with the shield. (ex: forward jumping during forward ground dash without the shield did not have dash momentum)
Fixed a bug causing backflip (without shield) to be invincible from start up.
Fixed a bug that caused his back ground throw to not do damage and had a shorter knockback distance.
Fixed a bug where jumping forward during a back ground dash (with shield) had dash momentum.
Fixed a bug that caused him to not face the opponent when behind them while activating Charging Star and Hyper Charging Star.
Dormammu

Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Dark Hole with Flight.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Purification with Flight.
Doctor Strange

Fixed bug where when there are 3 Graces of Hoggoth HP traps on screen and Flames of the Faltine is used from a higher position, the fired laser VFX disappears.
Fixed bug causing one Grace of Hoggoth to remain on screen after activating Flames of the Faltine in certain situations.

Looks like Dorm dark hole spell cancelling, Dante beehive/Chun SBK reset glitch, and Spidey web ball will be fixed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I didn't really expect to see patch coming out so quickly.

I know. It was just a lame joke.

tumblr_oji598zNrc1r1ult6o1_500.gif

Nerf Frank. Leave overhead Stinger in. Ok.

Fuck me.

Edit: Apparently they did fix Dante's glitch but didn't specify it to him. My bad.

JayEH

I might be getting info mixed up but I thought there was something about capcom showing off alt costumes this week. Did I just make that up in my head?

kirblar

I might be getting info mixed up but I thought there was something about capcom showing off alt costumes this week. Did I just make that up in my head?
Since the costumes are coming w/ this patch for the S1 characters it's very likely that the costume shop opens up for the others.

JeTmAn81

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";251926871]Damn you post-command grab HSD scaling! Damn yooooooooooooou

YvEYw2.gif
[/QUOTE]

Even GB is playing Dante, SMH

Dahbomb

OMG patch notes 5 days before the actual patch!

This is the most I have been hyped about the game since I learned that Tags work like free form assists!

brian!

Do you guys think being able to counter-tag web ball is too much? It homogenizes the move a bit which could be good but since the infinite spins you out after 3 balls i dunno...

brian!

I think they have a big list of bugs to deal with and werent able to get to a lot of them in time for the patch, id expect a more comprehensive patch for the next dlc

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They're not going to patch the lag on the character select screen..?

This is the first patch, i doubt it's gonna be the only one.
My guess is that they'll patch the game on each character release.

And Honzo said, Capcom patched out an infinite and overhead glitch a month after being discovered.
That's a pretty good response time.

Even GB is playing Dante, SMH

All I want is a character that's good for Thor.

Requirements:
  • tracking teleport
  • sets up command grabs

Which means basically Dante, Thanos, Doctor Strange and Strider. Dormammu and Thor have pretty weak synergy. I need to test Rocket a bit.

Of the four, Dante's Beehive glitch is kinda stupid for command grab resets.

Sayad

Captain Marvel too Lol!

Nah they still have a huge list of bugs left. Still have the HSD reset.

This is a giant step in right direction though. Getting on top of bugs asap.
Yea, but you fix the easy ones first, GotG assumed bug is basically regular hitboxes instead of projectiles hitboxes. Fixing it is literally flipping a switch, less work/trouble shooting than even fixing Spiderman's infinite. them skipping it pretty much confirm it was intentional.

Not to say it's staying forever, but if it ever get fixed, it will be in a balance patch, not a bug fixes one, and I don't believe we're getting one before Battle of the Stones.

Have the community even figured out what causes HSD yet?!

Dahbomb

I don't think it's a matter of easy or not for these first few bugs, it's a matter of if they were discovered in time or before the launch.

Though if the projectile/armor stuff isn't changed by the next character DLC pack then it's best to assume that it was intended (LOL!) and if they change it , then it will be in a balance patch.

Negaduck

Well, my question is mainly how you are frozen when bolts hit. I wonder if from full screen, I'd you can tech out of the second one or if strange can teleport after and continue the combo like he could before

Top Bottom