• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

zorbsie

Yeah I did. I worked on completing some of my remaining championships in BM. Considering all the other challenges worked there too that thought didn't even cross my mind lol. Guess I will do it on the main map again then.

Didn't get the car, but got the achievement. I did notice, that when I went to the forzathon tab, the challenge isn't completed. Strange.

Lima

I did. I think you have to be going fast to make it count, otherwise it's just wreckage skill.

I'm getting the snowman skill. It just doesn't count for the challenge. The achievement progress tracker doesn't go up.

Edit: nevermind it doesn't go up when I hit them in free roam either. Glitched for me too lol.

Edit2: it just unlocked in a BM race after doing a stuntman skill 🤔
I also love how it says that you win 3 wheel spins but you actually get 150k credits so you can buy 3 wheel spins yourself.

zorbsie

I'm getting the snowman skill. It just doesn't count for the challenge. The achievement progress tracker doesn't go up.

Edit: nevermind it doesn't go up when I hit them in free roam either. Glitched for me too lol.

Edit2: it just unlocked in a BM race after doing a stuntman skill 🤔
I also love how it says that you win 3 wheel spins but you actually get 150k credits so you can buy 3 wheel spins yourself.

That's too funny. The prize for doing the Isetta challenge didn't show up until I got back to the mainland. Also for me, the achievements unlocked but I didn't get a pop up on screen. Notifications are on and got the pop up for other games.

Aizo

Banned
I really need help running the PC version. I'm crossposting from the other thread.

I haven't had so much trouble trying to play a game on pc since Deadly Premonition. I'd love to see whether or not my computer can run it even, but I have yet to get to that point. First issue was having access denied when trying to sign in to my account I used on Xbox live years ago, which ended up requiring me to make a separate user on my computer to be allowed. After that, I installed it over night.

Woke up this morning, tried to run it, and it had to update. Okay. I understand that. Start again, update. Third time. Update. Am I eventually going to be pushed into that complete redownload update I've heard about, too? Why doesn't it just update the whole game at once? I now understand the things people say about microsoft games on pc. Even buying the game was a pain.

8 updates.
This is a problem now. Instead of leaving the room, I watched it update this time. It is downloading the same 3.51mb update every time. It won't stop.

LoveCake

Seems that none of the #Forzathon this week work.

Also the Forza Hub is showing that it is down, it was couple of days ago and I have not been on until just now and it is either still down or down again.

I have some gifts in my gift tab and they won't download either.

Anyone else have this issue, on Xbox1.

Fox Mulder

Anyone else hate the star system? It's annoying trying to win a race when you also have to drift 35 times.

I found these easy enough and race on unbeatable AI.

I wish the game had more of these kinds of challenges. It was great in Driveclub, and the first horizon got something like it too in a patch if I recall.

Lima

I found these easy enough and race on unbeatable AI.

I wish the game had more of these kinds of challenges. It was great in Driveclub, and the first horizon got something like it too in a patch if I recall.

Yeah the 1000 club update to Horizon was great. I dig the star system with optional objectives. It's something that I've always enjoyed in PGR even though it was technically medals there I guess.

mo60

Seems that none of the #Forzathon this week work.

Also the Forza Hub is showing that it is down, it was couple of days ago and I have not been on until just now and it is either still down or down again.

I have some gifts in my gift tab and they won't download either.

Anyone else have this issue, on Xbox1.

Two of the forzathon challenges should work if I recall since they worked for me. The ones I actually managed to complete were the one that involved the BMW Isette and the lotus. Out of the two people have been having issues with one of them definitely does not work while the other one is really hard to complete if you don't have Blizzard Mountain.

DXMGT

Banned
Yep, and now I'm getting crashes ever since updating.

I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't gotten way more shit than it has on than it already has.

The game itself is brilliant which is why it's so fucking infuriating. I can't complain too much personally as I got the game for free (play anywhere) but If I payed full price for this game I'd be so pissed off.

Also people are still calling Playground games "wizards" when one version of their game is plagued with issues is really weird to me.

I'm honestly surprised this game hasn't gotten way more shit than it has on than it already has.

The game itself is brilliant which is why it's so fucking infuriating. I can't complain too much personally as I got the game for free (play anywhere) but If I payed full price for this game I'd be so pissed off.

Also people are still calling Playground games "wizards" when one version of their game is plagued with issues is really weird to me.

I have given it my fair share of shit. Like you said, it's such a great game when it works. So depressing to have such a bad port of it on PC.

Lima

As a Xbox One player why would I not make this statement? The game looks and runs amazing. I don't take the version that I don't give a shit about and might as well be non existent to me into consideration when declaring them wizards. I mean that's what they are when you look at how this game looks and runs on Xbox One.

DXMGT

Banned
As a Xbox One player why would I not make this statement? The game looks and runs amazing. I don't take the version that I don't give a shit about and might as well be non existent to me into consideration when declaring them wizards. I mean that's what they are when you look at how this game looks and runs on Xbox One.

So they're wizards for half the time. Alright.

This makes no sense. You can't just ignore one version of the game because you don't give a shit about that version lol. It's like saying a meal you just ate was made by a wizard, but half of the restaurant suffers food poisoning, only you didn't so it's fine I guess.

What they accomplished with one version of the game is commendable, but the other version is terrible for a lot of people.

Lima

This makes no sense. You can't just ignore one version of the game because you don't give a shit about that version lol. It's like saying a meal you just ate was made by a wizard, but half of the restaurant suffers food poisoning, only you didn't so it's fine I guess.

What they accomplished with one version of the game is commendable, but the other version is terrible for a lot of people.

Yeah in your restaurant scenario I would also not give a shit about any of these people. I care about my experience and that's fine.

Branson

Yeah in your restaurant scenario I would also not give a shit about any of these people. I care about my experience and that's fine.
You can't really say it "Runs amazing" if it's only 30fps. Of course it looks great when they handicap it down to 30. Racing games should be 60fps.

zorbsie

Hey guys what's everyone's favourite car out of the new car pack...oh right it's negative nancy time. I'll come back later.

DXMGT

Banned
Hey guys what's everyone's favourite car out of the new car pack...oh right it's negative nancy time. I'll come back later.

Oh we should just pretend everything is fine then. There's a lot to be negative about with the PC version of this game.

I am loving the R31 currently though!

zorbsie

Sure there's issues for some PC users. I'm not having any, Aside from the launch that had framerate drops in the city area. But that's been much better since then. With all the different configurations out there it happens. Almost every game on PC will have some issues, it part of PC gaming.

Also have to agree with Lima, PG should be celebrated for what they have accomplished on the Xbox One. And lets be honest, I don't have the numbers, but 1/2 the players are not on PC. I would imagine the bulk of players are on the XB1. Most players on PC are waiting for it to be released on steam so they can buy it for $5 on a steam sale. lol

DXMGT

Banned
Sure there's issues for some PC users. I'm not having any, Aside from the launch that had framerate drops in the city area. But that's been much better since then. With all the different configurations out there it happens. Almost every game on PC will have some issues, it part of PC gaming.

Also have to agree with Lima, PG should be celebrated for what they have accomplished on the Xbox One. And lets be honest, I don't have the numbers, but 1/2 the players are not on PC. I would imagine the bulk of players are on the XB1. Most players on PC are waiting for it to be released on steam so they can buy it for $5 on a steam sale. lol

It's cool you aren't having any issues, but many of us are. And this isn't just typical PC gaming stuff. The stuttering is still there, the input lag at 30fps is insane, the latest patch destroyed the game and wiped a lot of peoples save files. The Rockstar DLC was delayed 3 days on PC due to PG incorrectly patching the game to download a developer version of the game. Now with the latest patch the game defaults to windowed mode every time you start it. It's just a complete shit show.

And was that meant to be a dig at PC gamers being cheap skates? I just don't get this thread man.

zorbsie

It's cool you aren't having any issues, but many of us are. And this isn't just typical PC gaming stuff. The stuttering is still there, the input lag at 30fps is insane, the latest patch destroyed the game and wiped a lot of peoples save files. The Rockstar DLC was delayed 3 days on PC due to PG incorrectly patching the game to download a developer version of the game. Now with the latest patch the game defaults to windowed mode every time you start it. It's just a complete shit show.

And was that meant to be a dig at PC gamers being cheap skates? I just don't get this thread man.

I get it dude, you just want to argue. Carry on, wish you could be enjoying the game right now instead.

Lima

God damn I powered through so much of this game this week. I was coming hot for Mr Arsenal and then he casually adds another mil xp lol. You sir play an impressive amount of Forza.

Btw Zorbsie is there a way to see how many spins you have saved up besides it obviously being 9+?

zorbsie

Btw Zorbsie is there a way to see how many spins you have saved up besides it obviously being 9+?

I don't think so. I'm sitting at +9 too lol. When you use a spin does it tell you how many you have left? It's been too long, I'm not sure it does.

mo60

God damn I powered through so much of this game this week. I was coming hot for Mr Arsenal and then he casually adds another mil xp lol. You sir play an impressive amount of Forza.

I'm happy I got enough xp this week to put me in the top ten on the leaderboard for the club again even though I have only be a member of the club for like a bit over a week now. The top person on the leaderboard ended up getting 4 times more xp then I did this week.

Lima

I don't think so. I'm sitting at +9 too lol. When you use a spin does it tell you how many you have left? It's been too long, I'm not sure it does.

It doesn't. I have enough credits and all the Horizon edition cars currently in rotation. They either need to switch them out for new ones or bring the old ones back. I don't have all of them and buying them through the auction house is such a pain.

Just unlocked clubs (man, that took a while for some reason) and made my request to join the GAF club. Anything else I need to do, like inform someone specific here? Or is me popping up in this thread enough?

I keep jumping back and forth between the Xbox One and PC versions, even though the Xbox One version is clearly the more stable and playable version. But I'm in front of my computer most of the time at home and it's so easy to just fire up the game here instead of on my TV. At least PC performance is better, now that I've realized that my RAM has been underclocked this whole time (running at below 1600MHz, if you can believe it!), but it still doesn't feel as fluid or immediate as the Xbox One version, even while locked to 30fps.

And the PC version keeps revealing new baffling things. Like, you'd expect that the snapshots you take in photo mode would be available somewhere as files, right? But the Forza install directory isn't even accessible by ADMINISTRATORS, like all Windows Store apps. So the only way to grab those shots is to upload them to Forza Hub, which I guess means I HAVE to share them? Even though the cross-save stuff seems to carry my unshared screenshots over from PC to XB1 and vice-versa. Is there something obvious I'm missing, or do I have to resort to setting up my shots in photo mode, then hiding the UI and using the built-in Windows 10 screenshot stuff instead?

Top Bottom