• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Peaking after Disbandment: Crazy Surpasses Party on YouTube

4Minute’s finest hour: Crazy vs Party
150.jpg

168.jpg

4Minute was disbanded at its absolute peak
4Minute built a large international fanbase in their last 18 months because of Crazy and Hate
The four members that left Cube had lucrative solo activities in Korea because of WYN #6 (Gaon Digital Chart - 2013)

4Minute disbandment puts the company at risk

CEO Park, investors wanted to renew 4Minute; Chairman Hong had a hidden agenda

Gayoon was excluded at the last moment. Loyal members rejected the renewal

Hong’s faction pretends 4Minute never existed, pays price for treachery

Hong wanted a crippled version of 4Minute to get rid of Park, Gayoon
Revenues would decline without Gayoon -> CEO Park would be weaker
4Minute members favored Gayoon over Hyuna (1) (2) (3) Screen Timehttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3nFE72ce...YOkOV6UX60TzZIGwHYFSRmjPwCLcB/s1600/20100.jpg
Gayoon expressed her discontent with Hong in every possible way

Female Idols: The catastrophic legacy of CEO Hong (2009-12)

Hong-Hyuna partnership has destroyed profits, careers since 2009
The four members are probably gone for good. They’re good people, saw the dark side of Kpop, gave up their youth for nothing. Hong has sabotaged their careers from beginning to end. Otherwise, Hyuna, the most promoted idol of all-time would have been overshadowed in less than 4minutes (several members fit better the korean beauty standards; several members are more talented)

mr_chun

Where's the best place to buy posters? Is there a good website you guys use, or just eBay? Any notable eBay sellers? Really wanting to get a couple Mamamoo posters.

luso

Yoona to release a Chines mini album (!), digital only it seems. July 31.
Will contain covers from her fan meetings and probably 1-2 new songs.

Anyone watching Age of Youth? Are there sub versions anywhere?

No No Eul

A guide to working out at home, with Spica's Jiwon.

It's quite an odd tune but I really like it. The shouts/cries during the chorus are a nice touch.

can we please ban this thing

Part of me hopes the bot doesn't get banned. I'm curious to see just how crazy it gets.

Yoona to release a Chines mini album (!), digital only it seems. July 31.
Will contain covers from her fan meetings and probably 1-2 new songs.

I never imagined that Yoona would get a solo release before Seohyun. :p

JKTrix

He's also posted like a normal person, elsewhere, over the many many years he's had an account on GAF. I don't think he's a bot, I just wish he'd interact more than just this current gimmick.
Sana tax

What happened to black hair Sana?

I want more of that.

A couple years old now, but still makes me laugh.

Yura, Hong Jin Young, Hyeri, Kim So Hyun - Darling

Wait up, is that Kim So-hyun the same KSH in Let's Fight Ghost??

I can't tell.... @___@

Shit is funny though. Brings me back to one of the better episodes of We Got Married with Jin-young/Goong-min, Yura/some dude and that dumb chick who got caught dating somebody in real life, ruining the illusion of the show lol.

ultra7k

Wait up, is that Kim So-hyun the same KSH in Let's Fight Ghost??

I can't tell.... @___@

Shit is funny though. Brings me back to one of the better episodes of We Got Married with Jin-young/Goong-min, Yura/some dude and that dumb chick who got caught dating somebody in real life, ruining the illusion of the show lol.

You betcha.

The Infinity Challenge guys expressions are hilarious. It's like, "what I am watching..."

llehuty

태완 (Taewan) - Problem
Good stuff, that pulsating synth in the chorus is really good. Brandnew has been killing it lately.

나인뮤지스A[9MUSES A] - MUSES DIARY 앨범 미리 듣기 Album highlight
Sounds ok.

* Unpretty rapstar *

Intro Cypher:
Part 1 - YDG, Giant Pink, Yuk Jidam, Euna Kim, Janey and Grace
Part 2 - Juyun, Miryo, Kassy, Nada and Soyeon

Ther are more clips in mnet's channel, hope the first ep gets subbed soon. In the mean time, some early impressions:

Yuk Ji Dam has to tone down her Jessi impression.
Grace can be the best thing to happen to this season and probably the only original character.

Press conf pics:

Grace | Soyeon

Baby J | Nada (I said wow)

Miryo | Kassy

Janey | Juk Yidam

Giant Pink| Euna Kim/Yuna Kim (ex the ark)

Uhhh, did any of them memorize their lyrics? The lipsynching is... wow.

HKdl8LV.gif

I think it's more a problem of them not being used at all of MV recording/lipsyncing. Most of them are hitting the lines, but the mouth movements are just awkward and seem like they don't match. There is still some messy parts, but most of them do a decent job.

UNPRETTY RAPSTAR vol.3 [1회] ′She′s Coming′ (Edited version with cuts)

This gives a better impression, and some of them got completely saved from the unedited version (the girl around 2:30, for example).

Cuddler

Indie Rock band MAAN released a new single:
[M/V] MAAN (맨) - Night (밤 (Feat. 정일우))
So good, song will be part of an album, called "Right next door to MAAN" I think. I disovered them more than a year ago when they released this song:
[M/V] MAAN - Come Around

Good song, I've read that part of the profit of the song will go to charity but the song has been downvoted like crazy anyway on Melon.
I mean, I like what Kassy has released before joining this show and I hope she does well, but it's sad to see girls that have to fit into a certain image just to get attention. I don't really know her so maybe it can be that my impression is completely wrong (it's also based on what she released before) but she seems to be forcing herself.

Of course it is.

D'awww she looks like a baby here.

The Infinity Challenge guys expressions are hilarious. It's like, "what I am watching..."

Speaking of Infinite Challenge:

Jung Hyung Don Officially Leaves “Infinite Challenge”

giphy.gif

His status on Weekly Idol is also up in the air. :(

I like Heechul and Hani as replacements but it'll never be the same with Doni.

As for MuDo, well... I don't think this is gonna be the end for them like how some are claiming it will be, but I do think MuDo is in for a radical change sooner or later. They've already been prepping for Yang Se-hyung to be a permanent member, whereas Kwanghee is still shit after a year, then supposedly he's up for military service really soon. I'm pretty sure he's never coming back to MuDo once he comes back from service.

That's really sad. He's obviously an entertainer who has made it big, and for him to be unable to cope with his depression and anxiety is just heartbreaking. Hope he can make a comeback, but if he leaves the entertainment industry he will be missed.

Yep, it really reminds of Robin Williams' passing. Dude looked so happy when a camera was in front of him but take it away and he's battling demons inside him.

I'm happy that he's putting his health over work or fame and fortune but obviously as a fan it sucks not being able to see him on MuDo or WI.

I'm hoping MuDo keeps an open door for him unlike what they did to Gil or Hong-chul. From what I've been reading the past few weeks or so Gil and NHC are perfectly happy with what they're doing and while they want to come back to MuDo, they say it's ultimately up to the staff and cast to do that.

Kazzy

Any of y'all teach English in SK?

If so, how is it?

It's...okay, certainly has it's moments, but I'll definitely be leaving at the end of my contract. But like others have said, there's a thread for this, but if you want to ask my general questions or whatever, feel free to PM me.

Otherwise, Hyuna, the most promoted idol of all-time would have been overshadowed in less than 4minutes (several members fit better the korean beauty standards; several members are more talented)

That moment when you nod along in agreement, and then realize it's from a bot...

태완 (Taewan) - Problem
Good stuff, that pulsating synth in the chorus is really good. Brandnew has been killing it lately.

Anything with synth automatically gets my attention. It's a nice bonus that's it's good, too!

JohnCYQ

RIP this throwback just upladed today:
090822 V02 아이유(IU)-Boo 직캠(Fancam)
And she looks the same, vampire confirmed.

tumblr_ob2bmhLHb91rlzlwyo1_500.jpg

She kinda sparkles too, so I guess that seals the deal.

I've been checking twitter and I'm not seeing a single mention of someone working on Unpretty Rasptar or Hit the Stage subs.
tumblr_mejdew5DG41rsy7uw.gif

Not even Twice fans are translating for Hit the Stage? Considering Momo is competing (or did I confuse that with another dance show).

Kazzy

I've been checking twitter and I'm not seeing a single mention of someone working on Unpretty Rasptar or Hit the Stage subs.
tumblr_mejdew5DG41rsy7uw.gif

I was secretly hoping that maybe, just maybe, I was looking in the wrong places for that. I've never actually watched it (properly), but would definitely give it a chance if I could get subs.

----------------

And I've suddenly started to like AOA's 'Good Luck", which is kind of going against all I stand for, haha. It's mainly because of that synth leading into the chorus, but still...

EDIT: Ah, TOTP?!? I should actually use this opportunity to put my essentials list up, even if I do keep saying that, and even if the time has already passed to do anything with that.

Top Bottom