• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Hector is OP to the point where nothing I try seems to work against him.

Leave him for last, and always let him attack your red first. Or bring a Tiki/red mage. Either way, you need to have a designated hector killer in your lineup, which is kind of lame considering how rare he is supposed to be. Feels like everyone but me has one.

Now Takumi has at some point become literally 50% of the characters I see in arena now that I benched Robin temporarily for Ursula as a bonus unit. Two of them on every team, wtf.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hector is OP to the point where nothing I try seems to work against him.
I use Lucina against him. She can kill Hector in one turn if she has her skill up, or if she's buffed for speed/atk.

Hector also can't kill Lucina in one turn, so an alternate strategy is to put Lucina to bait Hector's attack (he'll take counterattack damage in turn), then finish him off on your turn, either with Lucina or anyone else. It's usually best to take down everyone else on the team first and then deal with Hector, since Hector is usually left behind by the AI.

Roy completely bodies Hector thanks to triangle adept. As mentioned, triangle adept on a red usually turns that person into a very strong, specialized counter against his favorable matchup ...and worthless against his unfavored matchup lol.

Mupod

Ruby Sword does the same thing as Triangle Adept, does it not? Could be a far cheaper option if you have a 4* Olivia.

So, if I am going to promote someone to 5* from 4*, does it make sense to take them to level 40 first as a 4* just for the SP? I can't think why I wouldn't.

I didn't bring my 3* Nino all the way to 40 as the stamina costs were getting rough. But yeah, the extra SP would be very worth it. Once I finally take this Nino to 5* she'll have like 1200 to work with.

If you REALLY want to go nuts with SP, when they are still low level, keep spamming stratums 1-2 until you no longer get anything.

Firemind

Yeah Hector is a free kill with YTiki. She takes like 7 damage. And Hector is so rare that you rarely see 40+.

Oh, excellent

I've been running Lancebreaker on Corrin for Effie, but I might swap it out for Desperation.
Lancebreaker lets you double Effie despite Wary Fighter?

Akuun

I've read that your level 40 unit can earn SP. how does it work?
I think each kill by your level 40 unit gives SP, as long as the unit you kill is high enough level (I heard 31 or higher, though I don't know if that's confirmed).

Cool. Broke 4,500 with Effie, Ninian, Roy, Robin. But Effie had Brave lance. Equipping her 5* weapon would improve her BST by 15. Might as well try for a higher score.

I was really worried this team would be too blue, but I think I have equipped enough of the right skills to synergize with everyone. Helps that Ninian is quite the tank for a dancer.

kewlmyc

I don't see Hector at all in Arena. I see a lot of Azura surprisingly, but I assume that's because I run her as well.

Mupod

Cool. Broke 4,500 with Effie, Ninian, Roy, Robin. But Effie had Brave lance. Equipping her 5* weapon would improve her BST by 15. Might as well try for a higher score.

I was really worried this team would be too blue, but I think I have equipped enough of the right skills to synergize with everyone. Helps that Ninian is quite the tank for a dancer.

is brave lance effie as absolutely stupid as it sounds on paper? I'd imagine there aren't many things that can survive that nonsense.

I don't see Hector at all in Arena. I see a lot of Azura surprisingly, but I assume that's because I run her as well.

I hardly ever see him because of my stat totals due to running 4* and mage units. I'm firmly in Takumi Hell. Although Reinhardt is the real problem.

Pejo

Man, I really under-estimated Lilna. She's a beast, 1 turning tons of stuff I wouldn't expect, while leveling her up.

I have no idea what I want my "main" team to be, as in, my first 4 characters that I actually plan out skill inheritance for.

Probably should be:

- Ninian (Forgot to check IV) - No brainer, she's good, Blue, a dragon, and a dancer. Strong, useful in any situation. Need to skill her out in a way to survive Falchions, otherwise she's good as is, and can just buff her up. Maybe Lightning Breath+ for ranged counters?

- Lucina (-HP, +SPD) - I don't really like her, but she ticks a lot of boxes. Survivability, good BST, speed, strength. Not sure what skills to give her to make her even better.

- Takumi (-DEF, +RES) - Vantage seems to be the flavor of the week for him, but mine doesn't have a super favorable stat roll, so not sure he's worth investing in

- I am thinking of foregoing a green unit here with a healer. Not sure which one I want to use yet, but I'd love it if they could contribute damage. Not sure what skill I'd have to inherit to get there, though.

Do any of you guys have a damage dealing healer currently? What are you using, if so?

J-Tier

is brave lance effie as absolutely stupid as it sounds on paper? I'd imagine there aren't many things that can survive that nonsense.

I have an Effie (on my brother's account, so technically it's his Effie) with Brave Lance+, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, and working on SP to get Pivot and Threaten Def 3.

She's stupid as hell right now, wrecking everything. Even a force against most normal greens.

I hardly ever see him because of my stat totals due to running 4* and mage units. I'm firmly in Takumi Hell. Although Reinhardt is the real problem.

brave effie one shots pretty much every nongreen unit in the game.

nino and julia will dumpster reinhardt since his speed is dog shit.

Mupod

brave effie one shots pretty much every nongreen unit in the game.

nino and julia will dumpster reinhardt since his speed is dog shit.

yeah my issue with Reinhardt is all of my guys have low resist and the only thing that can deal with him is Merric. Who has crap for res even though mine is -def +res. Once I finally promote the Nino I've been working on he'll be free. I just had a few traumatic experiences where I severely underestimated his damage and there goes my win streak.

It's really really good. I just have the regular brace lance on her, but she is +atk/-spd and gets Hone Attack from Ninian, and she can murder a lot of things. while she won't have as high of an attack when baiting an attack she can finish on the next turn and then Ninian will drive her to the next target which will get a bonfire and an additional attack against it. Also I equipped her with swap as I had no one to inherit pivot and now I am not so sure I want pivot. Swap creates some interesting movement in a thighs space that pivot can't do.

As for the bolded, Reinhardt is nuts. I am shocked he isn't talked about more. Even my neutral attack Reinhardt can one shot nearly every red and blue and most colorless (basically Felicia and high res healers he can't). Even more dangerous if you can get him buffed and add death blow. I literally don't know what to put on his B skill because he rarely gets touched.

Edit: playing against an AI Reinhardt, sure you could work around him. But many times your defensive teams only need to get one kill to force the other team to throw the rest of the match. Reinhardt creates incredible pressure even if you are running a good green counter. A player controlled Reinhardt is a totally different story.

Akuun

Ever since I gave Lucina Fury and boosted her stat total, I see Hector almost every game now. I run Lucina + MRobin + Ephriam + bonus 4* character in mid 30s (Ursula this week).

There was even one game this morning with two Hectors.

As for the bolded, Reinhardt is nuts. I am shocked he isn't talked about more. Even my neutral attack Reinhardt can one shot nearly every red and blue and most colorless (basically Felicia and high res healers he can't). Even more dangerous if you can get him buffed and add death blow. I literally don't know what to put on his B skill because he rarely gets touched.
I'm just finding out how tough Reinhardt is. High mobility + Brave tome really caught me off guard. My team is heavily blue so it's hard to deal with him.

redcrayon

Hmm...

New trailer for FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is up.

https://youtu.be/TBa7hd6FDzI

Still haven't heard anything about how Fire Emblem Heroes has done regarding revenue and downloads.

Apparently there have been at least 10 million downloads related to that Google Play commercial that gave every Android user a free 4* Female Corrin.

Basically, I want to know if FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will have as good sales as FE Fates or even better in part of having exposure from the mobile game just like Pokémon Go did for every Pokémon game you could buy on the 3DS.
I'm curious as to those two points too. It'll be interesting to see how FE:H has done so far and also if it provides a boost to SoV over Fates. If it does, that'll be an awesome sales rise for FE over the last 5 years compared to pre-Awakening.

Finally got a Kagero... -attack + speed. Can I please stop getting terrible banes? Very mad...

Does it even worth boosting her attack through inheritance if I would like to use her in a party with someone who can also boost her attack or she would be shit anyway? Getting bad banes after bad banes is making me want to quit... My luck is terrible and when I get something I want, bad luck catches back with the IV...

kewlmyc

Your stat totals might not be high enough to see him

I'm running Nino, MRobin, Azura, and Eirika, so you're probably right.

EDIT: Yep, my average for my current Arena team is 163.75, despite them all being 5* and having busted combinations of skills on them. Eirika is a buff machine with Daring Blow, Nino has Life and Death plus Lance Breaker, Azura has wings of mercy, and MRobin has Triangle Adept 3 and BTomebreaker. I guess singer/dancers and mages aren't high on the ratings board for some reason.

Wait, Olwen can 1 turn Takumi, lol. MRobin stays at 4* then until further notice.

Yeah but depending on IV I'd still say Robin is better. With Triangle adept Robin you can bait Takumi and take next to no damage. Robin with triangle adept is just the best. Guy is top tier now.

Of course feathers are scarce so plug another hole if you have one.

Cerium

Keep in mind, one turning him is less useful than tanking a hit on enemy phase and then killing him on the next turn

Maybe in the old meta.

screenshot_20170320-0absmz.png

lt519

I'm running into Tharja's killing my Robin in one turn. I think it is time to put triangle adept or red tomebreaker on robin. Why not both?

Mupod

I'm running into Tharja's killing my Robin in one turn. I think it is time to put triangle adept or red tomebreaker on robin. Why not both?

I'm thinking triangle adept and quick riposte. Triangle adept will mitigate most damage from red/colorless enemies but unless he's got buffs Robin still isn't gonna be a guaranteed one shotter during the enemy phase, especially against something with high res. Would work well with the role I usually give him, that is bait for ranged units. Only problem is I have no way to get quick riposte 3, although I have no shortage of Subakis for 2.

I'm fighting teams with Double Hector now! High stats are also putting me up against 40+ units, and some of the skill sets are crazy.

The map with double walls is giving me the most trouble by far. I hate it so much, especially because I'm only running one ranged unit on this season's team.

After about 5 swords, I finally got a perfect streak with 4544 Offense. That's not the highest I could have earned, but I'll take since a slightly higher score would still put in the same Rank bracket. I'll just recoup the swords with the Arena quests.

SYNTAX182

Yeah, Robin is better on paper. It's mostly feather scarcity that's the only reason I will wait to promote Robin, even with a good +spd stat. Olwen is working for me, especially with new skills in place =), I also pulled a Ninian, time to shelf Olivia for now, thanks to the free orbs. Back down to 20 orbs, time to save them for a new banner.

MANUELF

Banned
Robin is a BEAST with Triangle adept 3, he takes 4 damage from a poison needle to the face and kills whoever did that in one shot

Draxal

Robin is just outclassed by Linde, Nino and Julia after skill inheritance.

Linde is still rare as fuck, but he just doesn't do as much as the other two.

Cerium

Robin is a BEAST with Triangle adept 3, he takes 4 damage from a poison needle to the face and kills whoever did that in one shot

And then he takes like 200 damage from Gronnblade+.

Best thing about running into MRobin in Arena is that his range makes it really easy to bait him out and erase him for free. It's like starting 3v4.

Dude is lowkey trash.

Wichu

Sure, Robin can easily be outplayed on defense if you have a green mage, but he's really good on offense. It isn't difficult to keep him out of Nino range, and there's plenty of red/colourless units in Arena for him to snack on. I've had quite a few games against teams like Lucina/Tiki/Takumi/Hector where I can just plonk Robin down to distract 3/4 of the enemy team while Marth takes on Hector and my other two team members just chill.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wait, Olwen can 1 turn Takumi, lol. MRobin stays at 4* then until further notice.

I love Olwen, and would use her again this season if her stats weren't so low.

I'm thinking triangle adept and quick riposte. Triangle adept will mitigate most damage from red/colorless enemies but unless he's got buffs Robin still isn't gonna be a guaranteed one shotter during the enemy phase, especially against something with high res. Would work well with the role I usually give him, that is bait for ranged units. Only problem is I have no way to get quick riposte 3, although I have no shortage of Subakis for 2.

QR2 is good enough. The extra 10% won't matter. QR is mostly for that first hit. It's pretty rare that it'll go off twice if you are taking a hit.

And then he takes like 200 damage from Gronnblade+.

Best thing about running into MRobin in Arena is that his range makes it really easy to bait him out and erase him for free. It's like starting 3v4.

Dude is lowkey trash.

We get it. If you have a direct counter for a unit, then that is good for your team. There are a billion examples of this. Is Hector "lowkey trash" simply because Tiki eats him up? Obviously not. You avoid direct counters when you are on offense, and you have your own counters.

Cerium

We get it. If you have a direct counter for a unit, then that is good for your team. There are a billion examples of this.
And yet there are a billion posts about MRobin every time I mention that Vantage is good on Takumi.

Clearly, people don't get it.

ggx2ac, Shun, and I are all running Nino teams. The meta is trending in that direction. That makes MRobin an especially poor investment at this point in time.

Wichu

And yet there are a billion posts about MRobin every time I mention that Vantage is good on Takumi.

To be fair, you brought up Vantage in a conversation about whether one-shotting Takumi with Linde is better than baiting him with Robin. Pointing out that Robin doesn't care about Vantage was definitely relevant in that context.

As soon as I have enough feathers to 5* my Nino, I'm going to run both her and Robin.

Draxal

Tbh I don't think Takumi is that good now either. So many units with bad A skill slots or weapons and just replaced them and now can ohko or orko him completely thus negating vantage.

lt519

So I went with Triangle Adept 2 because I didn't want to eat feathers or Roy and then added Blue Tomebreaker 3 from (f)Robin. Just gave it a test drive in the Arena. He's officially a tank mage. 0 damage taken from archers and shrugs off swords/Tiki as if getting tickled by a feather. Survived a blue mage volley he normally would have lost against from Linde. Not sure he can withstand a Tharja since I haven't seen one and I'm on a good streak so I don't want to experiment :) Definitely not doubling Red's like he used to from the Spd Buff initiating, but he can act as a choke point anyway due to the Triangle Adept now.

Gave him Rally Attack for good measure in case he's on the sidelines.

I did get boned by a red horse user switching positions with him and then Camilla taking me out in the first game of my streak haha.

PK Gaming

We live in a vantage world.

That doesn't change anything, especially in Robin/whoever has the Raven tome's case. The Takumi A.I always place itself near its teammates, so deleting him with Olwen potentially places her at risk at being attacked.

That's why anyone who can lure Takumi away from his teammates is valuable.

Edit: But yes, killing him enemy phase is more preferable due to vantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom