• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Chris R

So other than downloading, are there any steps I need to perform on the 360 version to get the Gold trial? Is it automatic?

Woorloog

Banned
krogan sentinel with tech armor...now THAT is how you do a tank!!!!

Any word yet on if difficulty scales with number of players?

Desinged for 4 players probably, since BW noted that you can play alone but it is going to be hellishly difficult.

KariOhki

Neo Member
This thing will be the first "real" multiplayer experience for me. Only did some Terraria and some various Nintendo games.

Origin ID is kariohki.

McNerdBurger

Neo Member
Xbox MP went live a bit early, and you can play now... but ONLY if you got early access to the demo this weekend AND have a Battlefield 3 online pass. Online pass holders who didn't get the demo early can play MP when the demo goes full public.

Thought I'd drop that in here...

RSP

wtf? all this time, I was under the impression that it was a co-op campaign, now it's just a horde mode?

That's the downside of not reading up too much on a game I guess ...

Thomasnoki

Neo Member
Does ME3 have any microtransaction for weapons? Coz I saw a store in my multiplayer screen. it have "Recruit Pack" and "Veteran Pack" for sell. And all "product" said have a small chance for an uncommon items. It sound like FIFA UT for me.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
wtf? all this time, I was under the impression that it was a co-op campaign, now it's just a horde mode?

That's the downside of not reading up too much on a game I guess ...

There still are objectives to be completed in multiplayer. Like it says in the OP theres secondary objectives like collecting data packs or hacking terminals, which must be completed within a time limit in some cases, so its not just wave after wave of enemies and nothing else, but yeah youre not going to be going through levels like you would in the normal game.

foxdvd

How does adrenaline rush work?

I am curious as well...I guess it would not be that big of a deal to just boost your health and weapon damage...but what are the going to do for the slowdown on a sniper for the infiltrator? Giving more damage is one thing, but part of the fun is the extra time for those head shots....

Vire

Is the topic subtitle some sort of parody joke? Rich, deep roleplaying?

I thought it was just a wave based horde mode...

Woorloog

Banned
I like the multiplayer a lot. Feels good and interesting. Managed to get to 3rd wave alone with only pistol (as a Sentinel). The weapon loadout system is great, having no weapons allows 200% faster power recharge. Eg Shotgun weights "150%", ie it reduces the cooldown speed by 150%.
The extra objectives add a nice (if simple) twist to the survival mode.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I like the multiplayer a lot. Feels good and interesting. Managed to get to 3rd wave alone with only pistol (as a Sentinel). The weapon loadout system is great, having no weapons allows 200% faster power recharge. Eg Shotgun weights "150%", ie it reduces the cooldown speed by 150%.
The extra objectives add a nice (if simple) twist to the survival mode.

Sweet. I wonder how viable a no gun run would be with an Adept or Sentinel. So each weapon increases cooldown speed by 50%? Or do some increase it less like say a pistol on increases cooldown by 25%?

Not too impressed. Might be that no matter what I and the other person do, we can't clear Wave 1 though.

Ah well. Maybe vanguard isn't the way to go.

rozay

Banned
Sweet. I wonder how viable a no gun run would be with an Adept or Sentinel. So each weapon increases cooldown speed by 50%? Or do some increase it less like say a pistol on increases cooldown by 25%?

Depends on the weight value of each gun. For example I think there are pistols that weigh more than the lightest shotgun.

Untracked

I half expected this to be garbage and wasn't impressed at first, but after a few games playing as a Soldier with randoms, I'm quite enjoying it!
:O

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Depends on the weight value of each gun. For example I think there are pistols that weigh more than the lightest shotgun.

That kind of makes sense. Though I would have expected a spectrum with Pistols<SMGs<Shotguns<Assault Rifles=Sniper Rifles with then minor variations between the individual guns themselves. I still dont see how a hand gun, even the Carnifax Hand Cannon, could weigh more than any of the shotguns. But it must be based on a number of factors like base damage, clip size and total ammo, DPS, etc.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck it, I'll give it a shot. Quarian Infiltrator sounds good to me.

GAF: Snuggler | Origin: Snuggler666

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So, how will MP influence the SP experience when opting in?

Probably something like this, at some point in the SP the galaxy will be at war and youll have oversight of the various zones of the galaxy and direct their fight against the Reapers, the MP will be a part of those efforts where youll take part in battles for different key locations across the galaxy. All of this will effect your Galactic Readiness rating which will likely be the measure by which you are ready for the final conflict with the Reapers. The higher the readiness rating you have throughout the galaxy the more successful you will be in the final battle with the Reapers.

foxdvd

so this coop...does it have an end? Is it just waves until you die like Halo...or is it clear at the star that you have to "clear" say 4 waves...and also hack some stuff?

McNerdBurger

Neo Member
10 waves, then an "extraction wave" to cap it off. Lots of bonus xp if you complete it. 3 difficulties. LOTS of stuff to unlock.

Top Bottom