• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Note to EA - Make SSX Switch Please

I want a true SSX 3 sequel on the go for Nintendo Switch. Make it happen EA. I want Kaori to throw herself off a perfectly good mountain wearing a Mario hat with eyes on it. I want Run DMC on my Switch reminding me how Tricky life can be. I'll even use Nintendo's silly chat app to play it online. As an on the go game I'd play this forever.

Sesha

You want EA to make an SSX Switch when they haven't even made an SSX for PS4 and Xbone despite those selling way more?

At this point we'd be lucky, like FF7Remake lucky, to even get remasters of 1, Tricky or 3 for any console.

the resistance to make a new skate game despite the undeniable thirst for it is proof that EA should go fuck themselves

and im a skateboarder, not some kid jacked up for a new skate because the glitches are fun in 3

... At this point we'd be lucky, like FF7Remake lucky, to even get remasters of 1, Tricky or 3 for any console.

I'd settle for a remaster of SSX Tricky and SSX 3. In fact, I think that the Nintendo Switch would be an awesome PS2-PS3 era remaster space for third parties.

Edit - Blur was fun and pretty but the controls were bad for Uber's.

I enjoyed a lot the SSX On Tour on GC, it was super fun and I had a great time with it.

Not much time ago I tried the ssx on xbox360 and it was like... wtf? why are you turning my ssx into some shitty tv reality?

Gimme some old SSX or better let it die.

-shadow-

A new port of SSX Blur would be great, I still have that one on the Wii, had an absolute blast with it. Even if it was bordered 50Hz.

Don't worry OP, we've got something coming down the pipe.
6839938_R_Z001A
*sigh*

dock

I'll take SSX3 with graphics from the Xbox. My favourite Xbox game. I was never great at it, but I loved it.

This was unplayable on the Xbox 360 (in the UK) because all the snow particles were busted, and it was forced in pillarboxing but with widescreen art.

Note to EA - Make SSX again please.

Don't care what platforms; just want to play this franchise again. I even loved the bastard new game they made in 2012 but looked nothing like SSX but played like it at least (actually managed to platinum it, I loved it that much).

And I would take an SSX 3 Remaster ANYWHERE. Still gutted that EA never followed through on the hint they were gonna port the remake to Vita. At least I managed to get SSX On Tour on my Vita before they pulled it from the store (even though it's the worst game in the series).

kromeo

Not sure why you want it limited to switch but yes, SSX3 is one of the all time great games, would love to see the series come back

rmanthorp

SSX Tricky and 3 are ABSOLUTE goats for me and hell I even played the newest SSX a whole load and liked a lot about it (the amount of 'bad' levels and some survival stuff was not great).

Please EA get me more SSX.

Harmen

More SSX please, yes. But even if it even happens I doubt the Switch would get it initially, given EA's recent history. PS/X1/PC multiplat most likely.

Not Drake

That's an awfully specific and unrealistic request. I'd just like a new solid extreme sports game on any system.

As for Steep. It's definitely not in SSX tier, but it's a cool game nevertheless. I already have it on PS4, enjoyed my time with it and even consider double-dipping on Switch if the price is right and the port is good.

Surely SSX is far more heavily associated with Playstation? The first game was in the PS2's launch window, and the series was at its hit during the consoles utter domination of the market.

Not saying I wouldn't buy the game on Switch, but as port begging goes, it's kind of like asking for Spyro, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry or Tomb Raider, just a bit of a left field choice that likely would piss off more of the series long term fans by making it exclusive to a platform they wouldn't be traditionally buying these games on.

Also EA are not trustworthy when it comes to handling classic, beloved IP's responsibly. SSX 1-3 remasters though, that I'd be excited for, especially if they can get a PS4Pro version running at native 4K 60fps. That'd be magical.

Branduil

Why not just ask Nintendo to make a new 1080 Snowboarding. That's like a million times more realistic than expecting EA to revive a dead franchise on a Nintendo console.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
For anyone making notes for EA I ask you to please listen to any investor call to get a reality check.

Can we just all agree that every game should go to every system?

Getting real tired of variations of:
- "Note to X, put Y to Switch"
- "If X was smart, they'd put Y to Switch"
- "Any word if X will put Y for Switch?"
- "Why doesn't X put Y on Switch?"
- "Completely Unrelated Game Announced for PS4/XB1/PC" - switch version where? in first page

I'm sure Switch is great and I'll get one myself once it has more games I want, but all these port begging posts are tiresome.

Fliesen

I just wanna come in and say ...

more like board begging, amirite?

..., politely apologize, and immediately show myself out.

JP

I've been wanting an SSX HD Collection for ages and I think I'd be happier with that announcement rather than a new game, at least that way I'd know it's relatively safe.

Switch seems an incredibly unlikely candidate though, EA really doesn't seem to have a great deal of interest in it at the moment. I suppose it would be possible to get SSX on Switch if it came to the other consoles but certainly not without them.

Top Bottom