• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Y2Kev said:
What's wrong with his face? Jesus.
I love the proportions on his upper body. His hands seem so tiny compared to his chest and shoulders. I know its the armor, but its still hilarious.

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Ashley's wearing a skirt! What the hell?! That's supposed to be armor?

It's more akin to an overly tight tunic.

Still looks completely out of place and inappropriate for someone like Ash.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The_Technomancer said:
I'm pretty sure I already know the final set-piece battle to a T: the various allied races will be engaged in a huge battle with the Reapers, and Shepard and crew will infiltrate the head Reaper and fight their way to his intelligence core to shut him down and cripple the entire invasion. If he explodes, that much the better.

Sounds about right.

I have a feeling there will be some scenario at the end where Shepard (or a select squad member) can save many lives by staying back and sacrificing herself to make sure the head Reaper explodes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sev, killzone 2

TPe9G.png

soap, codmw

omN9x.jpg

main guy, homefront

tFloH.jpg

darius, rf:a

MdvvZ.jpg

so basically it's all of those guys put together except bigger and buffer

edgy, can't wait to totally fuck up some aliens with this BADASS

Khezu

There is something really uncanny valley about that dudes fat face.
I think I know someone who looks just like him.

kadotsu

Banned
Great characters. So visceral. Can't wait to play CTF and TDM as Vega with my bros! This and XCOM just show how far RPGs have come.

How did I miss this thread?

Good lord. I mean, my mouth just dropped in aw at the image. What is this? What on God's green earth is this?

I just... geez. I'm just shaking my head. I don't know what else to say.

soultron

Banned
Don't like a character? Don't put him in your party.

I'm waiting to pass judgement on Vega. Need videos showing who he is as a character, and, most importantly, a sampling of the voicework related to him.

Zeitgeister said:
more like weak damsel in distress, imo.

Ahsley was a xenophobic dick. She was also rather masculine. A combination that never went to absurdity and gave the character something that one doesn't see very often in gaming.
"a random woman capable of handling herself? Absurd!"

Lord knows I've spend a long time on that railing, making that decision.

Pretty much. Shame that so many felt emasculated by who I thought was a pretty dynamic character.

Anyways....something interesting about Ashley's design is that they actually show her neck. Usually the characters have some kind of choker and I remember reading that this was done because the characters looked funny without them. Guess they found a way to fix it?

Vega is like.....everything I hate about games like this. Come the fuck on.

Derrick01

Banned
bubnbob said:
He's not a dudebro. I'm sure he will have daddy issues like every character in the Mass Effect universe.

Well yeah, duh. How else is he going to be focused on your mission to save the entire galaxy if he doesn't resolve his argument with his dad the previous night? And of course you'll need to drive there because he'll be too busy crying in the passenger seat.

Samara

I don't get the ' she's wearing a skirt and makeup' crowd. Miranda and Tali anyone? Fuck, Shepard can wear pink eyeshadow and lipstick, get over it boys.

Specters doing their own thang!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
soultron said:
Don't like a character? Don't put him in your party.

Good thing there's an infinite supply of characters and wasting time on shitty looking ones doesn't take away from good ones. ;)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
soultron said:
I'm waiting to pass judgement on Vega. Need videos showing who he is as a character, and, most importantly, a sampling of the voicework related to him.

He's temperamental and brash, but he's loyal to his squad and you can always count on him to watch your back in a firefight. His voice is not unlike that of your average American solider (as depicted in a videogame).

Ezalc said:
Well at least Kaidan looks cool, I guess. Who is Vega though somebody mind filling me in?
The new character bioware was promising.

Dang it. Ashley's got a freaking mini skirt and high heel combat boots. Bioware, I want my soldier ashley back. What's wrong with all of you?

Atrus

Gold Member
Yeah... so if given the choice to axe one of your squad in some suicide mission I'm pretty sure most people are going to choose the new dudebro with the mohawk they haven't seen before.

Since the cast of characters is going to be limited to begin with, why the heck is this guy introduced as opposed to simply returning another character in his place?

Something tells me Vega is going to be the gay romance for Shepard and I feel bad for gay Shepard.

jackdoe

Snuggler said:
He's temperamental and brash, but you can always count on him to watch your back in a firefight. His voice is not unlike that of your average American solider.
He's probably gay. Unless Kaiden is gay. Someone is gay at the very least since there are male on male romances now.

X26

Banned
the name seems like it came from a dudebro name generator

Max Danger
Trent Stone
Dom Fenix
James Vega

scarybore

Ash looks great, I find a lot of the complaints about her redesign are over the top. Hell, even Kaidan looks pretty good, Bioware have done a much better job with hair.

Vega looks god awful, but I pretty much expected that from when we saw that tiny image of him from the collectors edition stuff. Body proportions are weird and looks bland.

X26

Banned
Samara said:
I don't get the ' she's wearing a skirt and makeup' crowd. Miranda and Tali anyone? Fuck, Shepard can wear pink eyeshadow and lipstick, get over it boys.

Specters doing their own thang!

looks dumb and seems very old school in its portrayal of women in games, and not in a good way

ME1 ashley was an assertive soldier who talked and looked the part, ME3 ashley looks like a bimbo in space

Ezalc

Typographenia said:
The new character bioware was promising.

What the fuck?! Instead of getting some interesting alien character we get another human? And the most dudebro looking motherfucker at that? I want Blasto Bioware! BLASTO!!!

The Xtortionist said:
I guess at this point it's impossible for the industry to create a tough muscular character without them being labeled as a "dudebro".
Anyone feels it necessary to get that "muscular" is a dudebro.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Samara said:

The problem is that it kind of goes against what we know of her as a character, which leaves us wondering if Bioware did it just to please that LCD crowd they're chasing right now.

Ezalc said:
What the fuck?! Instead of getting some interesting alien character we get another human? And the most dudebro looking motherfucker at that? I want Blasto Bioware! BLASTO!!!

Yeah, I would love some new alien squad members, and there is still a lot of potential there. I'd love to team up with a narcissistic Volus or really anything but another unremarkable human.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Xtortionist said:
I guess at this point it's impossible for the industry to create a tough muscular character without them being labeled as a "dudebro".
No, but crucially they cannot create tough, muscular, generic characters without them being labeled dudebro. When your character is wearing slate-grey armor that looks like it weighs more then he does and features a haircut that is either the generic model that comes with the modelling software or the style sported by most bullies in feel good high-school movies, your character is going to be labeled "dudebro"

shadyspace said:
Anyone feels it necessary to get that "muscular" is a dudebro.

Or maybe, I don't know...ridiculous physical strength might be a good thing to have in combat?

The_Technomancer said:
No, but crucially they cannot create tough, muscular, generic characters without them being labeled dudebro. When your character is wearing slate-grey armor that looks like it weighs more then he does and features a haircut that is either the generic model that comes with the modelling software or the style sported by most bullies in feel good high-school movies, your character is going to be labeled "dudebro"

It makes perfect sense for a random Alliance soldier to be "generic". I haven't seen anything to suggest that Vega is special.

X26

Banned
Shame that they created all these races and so many have never been playable. It's not too late bioware, scrap vega and replace him with a volus

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
They could pull a Dragon Age 2 and make everyone gay.

Oh and I would rather they keep Zaeed than the brohawk muscle head.

jackdoe

-COOLIO- said:
so is
kaiden/ash
coming back to life or will the ME1 choice carry over?
Probably carry over with the two sharing the same exact lines (with a few variations give or take).

X26 said:
ME1 ashley was an assertive soldier who talked and looked the part, ME3 ashley looks like a bimbo in space
100% right.
Whether or not you liked her because of her personal beliefs, you can't deny that she wasn't a step up from most female characters in games.

Ezalc said:
I would take just about anything over this.
I don't want to jump the gun and start assuming stuff, but what can we really expect to get out of this character that the other human characters haven't already given us? Ugh....

Shoot, a batarian squadmate would be crazy interesting just to have some sort of conflict/resolution content between humans and batarians on board.

Top Bottom